“#2 in Soldatna?”

Nikko Garden
Ranked #47 of 66 Restaurants in Soldotna
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I must have been there on an off night. I got there at 8:00pm and the buffet should have been well stocked. However there were quite a few empty pans or hot foods that the meat had been picked out of. There were no crab rangoons and when asked, I said there were a lot of empty pans. They brought out two crab rangoons. There was only egg drop soup, no wonton soup , no dumplings. The salad bar had rusty chopped iceburg, minimal vegetables.
nd finally, no sweets, only soft serve ice cream.
Finally, no fortune cookie. I would never go back there.
(I didnt try the sushi bar, and maybe I would have been more satisfied!

2  Thank iamguiseppi

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Great sushi, nice Japanese decorated sushi room makes you feel very comfortable and relaxed to eat sushi.

decent Korean/Chinese buffet

1  Thank SoldotnaBBLodgeOwner
Reviewed 30 August 2012

There is Chinese take out, there's "throw the bag in the pan, heat, serve" and then there's Niko. Since I'm not a tourist, I like to be able to say that I would eat there again and again. And I DO with Niko. Every time we have been in here, the staff has been prompt, courteous and professional. To say nothing of the food, which, to me, is exceptional. Tourist season is always going to garner some cars in the parking lot. When you see a LOT of cars in mid-January, you know they're doing something right. And they do. The decor is beautiful and the food isn't just plunked on a plate. It's presented nicely, arranged well, and cooked to perfection. And it keeps people coming back again and again.

1  Thank Talonz1
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Very good food offered at the buffet. Fine service.
The silk bouquets have to be seen to be believed-kept me
entertained until I could visit the buffet. There is a
sushi bar but we didn't partake.

1  Thank Juska M
Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

Title says it all. Best sushi in town. The staff are polite and prompt and know what they're doing. Really good food, not just sushi!

2  Thank pmak

Been to Nikko Garden? Share your experiences!