“Early or Late”

AK Reel Cafe or Alaska Reel Cafe
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Great lunches and drive through service opens at 3 AM for fishermen. Awesome portions. Best food in Soldotna

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Ok, so I went up there over Thanksgiving 2011 and my husband, our son and I went there for supper. I'd been clear down to Homer looking for fish and chips and couldn't find any because it was the wrong time of the season. But, they had it here and it was delicious!! Perfectly seasoned, nothing greasy, nothing overcooked. My husband and son were just as pleased. We came back the next day for fresh baked goods in the morning. Finally meeting Pam was also a treat. It was everything I'd hoped for. Thanks!!

1  Thank Iris W
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Excellent food served like a high-end restaurant. Comfortable seating with large-screen TV to catch the news. Friendly, accommodating staff.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

I read a couple of great reviews on this place, so I called them. Pamela patiently waited while I explained that my husband was a new counselor at Skyview High, and that I hadn't been able to move up yet, but our 30th anniversary was in a few days. I bought a gift certificate and she is having someone bring it over to the school for him as I write this.
She explained that her husband is the chef and why they started the restaurant. I know they were busy because I could hear the background noise, but she took the time anyway. She is genuinely nice and I can't wait til I get up there so I can go meet her and eat there. Thanks Pamela!!!

Iris

1  Thank Iris W
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We were visiting family and friends over the summer...and always ended up coming here to eat. The food is amazing...all of it. And the service is phenominal, they would bend over backwards to make their patrons happy. They serve breakfast until 2 on the weekends (atleast in the summer) on top of lunch for those who may have had a late start, or have already been fishing for hours. Sometimes patrons are sat together at communal type tables which ended up being really cool, we met the most wonderful people! The Reel cafe is a sure thing and a joy to eat at. Literally everything was good on the menu, and the service was top notch!! There are also really cool go-karts right next door if you are feeling adventurous.