“Good place to eat”

AK Reel Cafe or Alaska Reel Cafe
“Good place to eat”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We ate here twice during our stay in the area, both times at lunch. The food was good. (All four of us said so.) Nice Alaskan photos to look at while you wait for your meal. Some Alaskan crafts are available.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank J H

Soldotna, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Aways a pleasure to eat here.”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I have eaten here many times in the last year. Since the food is prepared from fresh ingredients
by a talented chef, every meal has been delicious. The menu changes constantly but favorites
reappear. The Liver and Onions dish is a local favorite that often draws a crowd. The wait can
be a little longer than a restaurant with a larger staff. The owners visit the tables when time
permits. Such a nice atmosphere!
alaskajuska

• Visited August 2012
Soldotna, Alaska
“Horrible service, very rude staff!!”
Reviewed 24 August 2012 via mobile

We went here for breakfast. The lady shoved past us telling us to wait. We then asked if there was a menu we could look at while we waited. We got a rude reply stating all the menus were at the tables. We finally got a table and there was no menu there. We had to wait another 15-20 minutes to get a menu. We were ready to order but could not get the lady back to the table and when we got her attention we got another rude reply telling us she could not take our order because the cook had 2 orders already. We had to wait a longer period to order our food. We got done eating and the lady was more worried about clearing tables than clearing our check and bringing us a to go box. We got tired of waiting and went to go find her. We found some to go boxes on a shelf in the entrance area and used one of those. She then took our check and complained that because she took so long we took one of her 2 dollar to go lunch boxes. I personally will never eat here again as I have never eaten anywhere where someone was so rude.

1 Thank pmak
Baldwin, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Customer service and then some...”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I had stopped to eat at this restaurant as I was waiting on the staff who handled my cabin reservation to call me back. The cod sandwich was delicious as well as the bakalava. The cabin I had booked with had not called me back and it was several hours past check in and I had asked the staff at the restaurant if they knew where the cabin was located. They made several calls to the local information bureaus without luck and even offered to put me up in one of their cabins for the night. What could have been an anxiety provoking incident was overshadowed by the staff's helpfulness and kindness.

• Visited August 2012
greece
“I will be back over and over”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The Prime rib sandwich was spectacular served with Wonderful homemade fries. The hand formed burgers were juicy with great flavor. Homemade apple crisp was a great finish to our meals. A place you must eat at when in Soldotna. Coming back tomorrow to try their breakfast