“The real Alaska, maybe not for everybody”

Alaskan Serenity Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soldotna
Alaskan Serenity Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 12 Soldotna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I think there might be more than one property mixed up here. We stayed at Alaskan Serenity, and Uta was our hostess. 4 of us stayed in an apartment in a side building. It was a little rough, but nice and clean, with a real hunting cabin feel. Uta made whole wheat pancakes and sausage one morning, and a big German apple pancake and bear bacon the next day. She showed us her trophy room. This woman is a hunter! She even let us follow her to the beach to check her salmon net. We felt like we really had an Alaskan experience. Side trips to rafting and old Kenai.

Room Tip: Don't come looking for luxury. Fishermen and hunters would like this place.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 June 2012

We made reservations in early March. Everything seemed fine. When wr arrived on June 20. There was no one at the b & b. I called the cell and got a recording--left a message. We thought we would take a look at the cabin. It, like the rest of the premesis, looked like Sanford & Son. Decided to go elsewhere. After 7:00 Finally heard from Uta. She said she was the beach. She was TOTALLY unconcerned. What chaos! What more can I say.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank jenksindy
Reviewed 28 October 2008

Although my initial contact with Jim was wonderful (I booked in March) when it came time to stay there well,let;s just say that I would have been better off camping in a tent!! The owner ended up in the hospital (though I was not informed of this until later) and therefore there would be no breakfast. The story just goes downhill from there! While staying in the big cabin, the bank even served us the foreclosure notice which was intended for the owner. My in-laws were visiting and this was to be a wonderful family vacation. It turned into one big disappointment. I tried to rectify the situation with the owner, but all she could do was accuse me of lying. I did file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and they did not even get any response from the B&B. Check out the complaint. Just do a search for Alaskan Serenity in Alaska and you can read my entire complaint. After several more attempts in requesting a refund I still have yet to get a response. Feel free to contact me and I will answer any questions you may have.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank zwickie
Reviewed 6 October 2008

This B & B had a lake view. The Room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. Jim and Sue were courteous and friendly. Would recommend to anyone wanting a peaceful holiday. It would be central if you wanted to do fishing.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2008

This was my second stay at Alaska Serenity and I found the stay a wonderful experience. The owners are warm and friendly, the food is delicious (especially the home made breads!) and the surroundings are absolutely beautiful. A moose was right outside my room this time and the first time I stayed there, many rabbits were around the deck. The view of the lake is beautiful and the name is true - you can find Alaska serenity at this B&B.

• Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank kaitersnana
Reviewed 20 February 2008

The hosts of this B&B didn't seem to want to be bothered by hosting people. The rooms are the basement bedrooms of the house, as if their children moved out and they decided to convert to a B&B. My room had tacky fishing decor, and a king bed that took up so much of the room I couldn't even set my suitcase down! There was space in the bathroom for the suitcase, luckily. The hosts turn down the heat at night so they are comfortable upstairs but it makes the downstairs absolutely frigid.

There was tea, hot chocolate, and coffee with a basket asking for donations, but NO MUG! So you couldn't make it anyway. They don't bother to shovel the walk from the car to the house and were grumpy when we, therefore, asked for help with our luggage. The hot-tub is also not active in the winter.

The B&B is clean and the breakfasts were descent. So if it's your only option, it's fine. But a B&B is made in the details, and this one was sloppy with details.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2007

This is the best B&B that i have ever had a chance to visit. Beautiful atmosphere and wonderful owners. The food was delicious and served with a smile.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple