Came here on a last-minute fishing getaway with my son and not much homework done. After a 15-minute call with Steve, my whole short trip was handled--I had directions for the three-hour drive from Anchorage, I had a room there, I had a room at another B&B for nights Soldotna was sold out, I had a guided fishing trip for me and my son, I had fishing equipment, I had fileting, freezing and packing of my catches, I had information, I had directions, I had help, and I had assurance I was in good care....and I was.
The trip did not disappoint, all arrangements were made, and the breakfasts very good (not a short-order kitchen - always something good planned and some fabulous German/Austrian baked goods to go with). And I came home with fish.
I had never been to Alaska before and I'd heard how crowded the river banks can be with fisherman. The Soldotna B&B sits on the Kenai River and has private walkways and docks to fish from. I appreciated this arrangement, not having to leave the property for a day of fishing from the walkway. And being able to throw the catch(es) in a bucket, and able to leave it for processing.
The only surprise here was that almost everyone I met at the B&B during my stay was also from Texas!
The B&B is a 2-story, kind of a 'boarding house' concept - bedrooms with in-room sinks and small TV (with cable), common bathrooms, common shower rooms. Room was comfortable; quilted bedding and synergistic wallpaper reminded me of my grandmother's home (but she didn't cook like this and didn't filet my fish!).
If we make our way back to Soldotna/Kenai, I won't be looking for another place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, 16-Guestroom Adventure and Fishing Lodge offering fine lodging and quality guiding. Directly on Kenai River with 300 ft of private river frontage. All-you-can-eat, full breakfast served in sunroom directly overlooking Kenai River. Professional, EXPERIENCED guides for freshwater and saltwater charters. All-inclusive packages including guided fishing and outdoor activities. Bearviewing and fishing fly-outs. On-site fish processing: filleting/commercial vacuum packing/freezing. Hosts speak fluent German, Japanese, and English of course. Meeting rooms for executive and off-site meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alaska Fishing Lodge / Soldotna Hotel Soldotna
- Alaska Fishing Lodge / Soldotna b&b Lodge
- Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed And Breakfast Lodge