“Great B&B Hospitality with Hotel Service”

Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge
Ranked #1 of 12 Soldotna B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Great B&B Hospitality with Hotel Service”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Came here on a last-minute fishing getaway with my son and not much homework done. After a 15-minute call with Steve, my whole short trip was handled--I had directions for the three-hour drive from Anchorage, I had a room there, I had a room at another B&B for nights Soldotna was sold out, I had a guided fishing trip for me and my son, I had fishing equipment, I had fileting, freezing and packing of my catches, I had information, I had directions, I had help, and I had assurance I was in good care....and I was.

The trip did not disappoint, all arrangements were made, and the breakfasts very good (not a short-order kitchen - always something good planned and some fabulous German/Austrian baked goods to go with). And I came home with fish.

I had never been to Alaska before and I'd heard how crowded the river banks can be with fisherman. The Soldotna B&B sits on the Kenai River and has private walkways and docks to fish from. I appreciated this arrangement, not having to leave the property for a day of fishing from the walkway. And being able to throw the catch(es) in a bucket, and able to leave it for processing.

The only surprise here was that almost everyone I met at the B&B during my stay was also from Texas!

The B&B is a 2-story, kind of a 'boarding house' concept - bedrooms with in-room sinks and small TV (with cable), common bathrooms, common shower rooms. Room was comfortable; quilted bedding and synergistic wallpaper reminded me of my grandmother's home (but she didn't cook like this and didn't filet my fish!).

If we make our way back to Soldotna/Kenai, I won't be looking for another place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 3 for me, comfortable king bed and a twin
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
SoldotnaBBLodgeOwner, Owner at Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
We pride ourselves in meeting people's needs. Whenever we meet or exceed people's expectations, it makes our job easier. Why do it any other way?

We have had guests make reservations for packages less than 24 hours prior to check-in. When they arrive, everything is organized for them.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Silver City, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We enjoyed our room with a private bath. The food was excellent! Every detail of the trip was taken care of from time of arrival until departure.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
The devil is in the details.

Get it right, and everything goes seamlessly.
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Nice and clean European style B&B on a high bluff over the Kenai river. Steve and Monika provided for our every need. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Good WiFi service. We caught 400 pounds of fish (220 pounds filets) which were cut into servings for two, vacuum sealed and frozen by the lodge. Upon departure, Steve packed our filets into insulated boxes suitable for airline checked luggage. Everything was in tact and still frozen when we arrived in Florida.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
We try to do everything professionally. From cooking breakfast to vacuum packing fish to packing fish in boxes to carry home or ship overnight air we do it all!
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This lodge was very nice. The lodge and our rooms were very clean and comfortable.There is a beautiful view of the Kenai River from the lodge. Steve and Monika do a first class job of running the Bed and Breakfast. I absolutely appreciated their hospitality! They arrange all the activities that you want to participate in and your daily itinerary is posted for you so you have all the specifics you need to know at your finger tips. I was very impressed by the fact that they have a fish packaging process set up at the lodge for anyone who catches fish. We returned from an all day fishing excursion and were able to turn over our fish for special packaging and they were put into a freezer to deep freeze and then would be shipped directly to our home upon our return. Definitely plan to vacation here again one day!

1 Thank bredrow
We couldn't say it better ourselves.

We love making people happy!

We would never claim that everyone feels this way. However, if over 90% of the people do, we must be doing something right!
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2011

My husband and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, what a wonderful place to celebrate it. Steve and Monica made us feel like family, every detail of the trip and the fishing charters were well planned. We had our breakfast ready no matter what time we had to leave and lunch was packed for the charters. They had all the extra equipment we needed including hip boots and rain gear.
Our room was clean, with big windows so we could enjoy the view of the river, and we got fresh towels daily.
My husband and I enjoyed the exciting fishing on their dock almost every night, we caught dolly varden, rainbow , and sockeye .

We enjoyed the company of the employees, Kate,Bill and especially Alex, my husband's new found fishing buddy.
They provided a separate kitchen where you can enjoy coffee, tea and hot chocolate all day.
Breakfast was fantastic, Monica made the best lintzertorte and she even shared the recipe with me, I love the hazelnut french toast and they were truly very accomodating to whatever breakfast you want.
Steve personally packed our catch and weighed it for shipping.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grino44
Hey why not "Best of the Entire World"

No, seriously, just kidding. We love making people happy!

We take pride in what we do and we try to treat fish that guests catch with respect.
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Steve and Monika run a first-rate B&B on the bank of the Kenai River. Their staff was extremely accommodating making sure we had packed the proper license, gear, and lunch, even though we were departing before 5 AM. A delightful breakfast was prepared in front of us while we enjoyed the coffee and fresh fruit. At night after sitting around the patio or campfire, we found our room to be quiet, clean and very comfortable.

The lodge’s guides hand-picked by Steve and Monika are the most professional guides we have traveled with. Our safety, comfort, and enjoyment were always paramount.

We are looking forward to returning next year and extending our stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
SoldotnaBBLodgeOwner, Owner at Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Thank you so much for the kind words. So glad you guys had a great time here. We hope to see you again soon!

We love to make our guests dreams come true or even exceed them.

Take care, Steve and Monika, Proprietors
Soldotna B&B Lodge, Alaska Fishing Charters, K-Bay Charters
"A Bit-of-Bavaria" directly on the Kenai River providing Fine Lodging and Quality Guiding
Massillon, Ohio
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We opted for an all inclusive package-all of our six trips in the package we chose were great and we had no problem whatsoever in meeting up with our guides each day. There was always an "activity sheet" for all the guests posted the night before with all the info needed for the next day.
Breakfast each morning was excellent, the lunches that were packed for us each day were perfect.
The lodge was very clean, the rooms were great, and Steve and Monika and staff could not have been any nicer.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends

We love to make our guests dreams come true or even exceed them.

Take care, Steve and Monika, Proprietors
Soldotna B&B Lodge, Alaska Fishing Charters, K-Bay Charters
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soldotna
Kenai River Lodge
Salmon Catcher Lodge
#4 of 18 in Kenai
Diamond M Ranch Resort
Best Western King Salmon Motel

Been to Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge? Share your experiences!