I recently completed a fantastic trip to Alaska and wanted to share my experience for future potential visitors to the Kenai Peninsula and specifically those considering staying at the Soldotna B&B.
I am an internet user and when traveling I like to use the internet for research and booking accommodations etc. I have successfully booked trips to many parts of the US and Europe so naturally when I decided to give my dad a Alaska fishing trip for Christmas I went to the internet to research best areas and eventually book my trip.
During my research I ran across a very unflattering review of the Soldotna B&B which led me to request more information from the owners as well as reach out to the Soldotna Chamber of Commerce prior to booking my travel. I received very good reviews from the chamber as well as additional references that Monica and Steve provided. I decided to stay at the B&B and was not disappointed. The location was wonderful, the Inn backs up to the Kenai River –You can literally fish from their back yard. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, very clean and Steve and Monica and their staff were very helpful, knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. We had a great time fishing and the guides and charters that they arranged were very professional and knowledgeable as well. I noted that a number of guests I met at the B&B were returning visitors which reinforced my positive opinion of this Bed and Breakfast.
If I decide to go back to Alaska, and my trip included the Kenai Peninsula, I would make sure that I stayed at the Soldotna B&B. It is a shame that a few visitors have had a disappointing experience, however I found the Inn very clean, comfortable and the staff and owners very professional and made sure that this trip to Alaska was very special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, 16-Guestroom Adventure and Fishing Lodge offering fine lodging and quality guiding. Directly on Kenai River with 300 ft of private river frontage. All-you-can-eat, full breakfast served in sunroom directly overlooking Kenai River. Professional, EXPERIENCED guides for freshwater and saltwater charters. All-inclusive packages including guided fishing and outdoor activities. Bearviewing and fishing fly-outs. On-site fish processing: filleting/commercial vacuum packing/freezing. Hosts speak fluent German, Japanese, and English of course. Meeting rooms for executive and off-site meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed and Breakfast Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alaska Fishing Lodge / Soldotna Hotel Soldotna
- Alaska Fishing Lodge / Soldotna b&b Lodge
- Alaska Fishing Lodge - Soldotna Bed And Breakfast Lodge