This hotel has a 5A rating, but I am not quite sure what that means; maybe 5 Arguments against staying here:
1. BIG ROOMS, POORLY UTILIZED: Huge bedroom with lots of empty space. Not even table for dresser to put your purse or small packages; very large, spacious bathroom with a tiny shower, and very little countertop space for your personal toiletries.
2. BATHROOM BLINDS: extremely dirty and dusty.
3. COMPLIMENTARY ITEMS: We had to call to have them re-stock tea and lotion.
4. GIFT SHOP: Does not exist in this hotel. So, if you need anything like aspirin, tissues, pen, Q-tips, etc., you will have to go for a walk to find the nearest store.
5. HOTEL RESTAURANTS: They list two, but they really have only one. The other one is for "VIP" guests who have booked a wedding or some other affair.
Finally, my roommate mentioned that she could smell the food wafting up every morning. She didn't seem to like that.
Now, Some Good Things:
Hotel staff was friendly and courteous. A few spoke passable English.
Breakfast buffet was free and well-stocked with both Chinese and Western food items. And, eggs were cooked to order.
The maintenance man (had problems with our toilet and air conditioner) was courteous and friendly, and he responded quickly to our concerns.
The location isn't bad if you don't mind walking. You can walk to the subway station. And, getting a taxi in the area was not difficult, either.
We had three people in a twin room, and they happily supplied bed linen for the third person at no extra charge.
Room rate was reasonable for a holiday weekend: 338RMB/53USD
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your South China Harbour Horizon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.