Renaissance Tianjin Lakeview Hotel
US$94
Travelocity
US$128
Hyatt.com
All reviewslake viewgreat hotelbusiness tripon displaybreakfast restaurantrainfall showerseparate showerquiet roomlobby loungeclub levelchinese new yearstay at this hotel againnon smokingthe ground floorcomfortable roomsnight staypleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2013

restaurant and reception all good. But the room and room service what the hell?

I travel 150 days a year and stay in Marrott chain regulalrly. This place SUCKS. I refuce to walk barefort in the room th carpet is so badly stained. The chair at the desk is broken, I mean one arm is snapped in half,

When Icalled room service at 10.30pm the girl who answered was clearly asleep. Now my Mandarin is crap so I asked for Ice Cream flavours in english and was aksed if I wanted a renaissance burger. After 3 goes and being offered various sandiches I gave up. She even rang me back to ask if Iwanted the burger.

One light in the room si flickering

its a 10 minute walk to the nearest convenience store, not like most places in China where you can buy a banana over the road

Its been 30 minutes since I asked to speak with the duty manger so not looking good.

I will never stay here again and suggest the same to others

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank berniedevine
Melissa Z, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Tianjin Lakeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

As a part of Marriott international we strongly believe in creating memorable guest experiences. With this in mind we guide our staff to be professional in their behavior and to focus on our guest’s needs. In this sense we appreciate and strongly value your perception of our hotel as a symbol of Tianjin’s legendary hospitality. Nevertheless we would like to apologize for the cold reception you may have encountered on behalf of a person in charge. We would greatly welcome the opportunity to further discuss the situation in order to ensure everyone’s satisfaction. Please contact Marcomm Team by 022 5822 3909 for further assistance. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you a good day.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in September. Traffic is wicked in Tianjin, so get a hotel as close to your intended business location as possible for easier access. We were mostly at the convention center which was about a 10 to 15 minute cab ride away. The hotel is just three years old and the property isn't worn yet, regardless of the quality of the construction. The floor plan surrounds a dramatic soaring open lobby topped by glass. They had performers in the lobby that echoed through all the rooms until they shut down. The rooms were large and the bed and pillows very comfortable. My smoke free room was completely smoke free. The gym was excellent; lots of cardio, free weights and weight machines. The buffet breakfast was vast, and delicious but expensive if not in the room rate. My only complaint is that upon check out, I noticed a "service charge" that they were hard pressed to explain but eventually stated it was a "surcharge" for a "lake view." Given that most of the rooms have a view of a modest lake next to the property, I was surprised by this, and never asked or was aware of it. They refused to take it off the bill. It was not a lot of money (about $20 per night) and I didn't have time to argue. And while I have had similar experiences in other Chinese hotels, it was a sneaky approach that I would not expect of a branded American hotel. If you are traveling between Beijing and Tianjin, take the train; very fast and very convenient.

Room Tip: The "lake view" is no big deal. The smog is so bad, the views don't matter much anyhow.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Hotel is pretty new with clean and very big room. Best of all, it doesn't have the smell of smoke on the non smoking floor as that's what i found when i stayed at Renaissance TEDA earlier.

Buffet breakfast was good and choices were very unusual with a soyabean station and Korean rice option. They have a great fresh fruit selection and a made to order juicer! Servers at the restaurant can be more efficient and attentive but bearable experience.

Bathroom Amenities were good but surprised to find that they dont provide cotton pads and buds which is rare

Very good experience and just hope the standard can be kept consistently.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Melissa Z, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Tianjin Lakeview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for choosing Renaissance Tianjin Lakeview Hotel and for sharing your experience in our hotel. If you have plans to visit Tianjin again, we hope we are always your first choice. We are looking forward to your visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed in this hotel in May 2013 on a trip in China, it is a great hotel, a Little expensive, but nice... Three times I arrived late to the restaurant and they were very friendly and served me after hours, buffet at breakfast was great, with many options, room as well ok, ... I will definitely come back to this hotel on my next visit to Tianjin....

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Nice hotel. We stayed only one night on a business trip. Clean, quiet and convenient. Hallway was very hot but room stayed cool enough. Concierge drinks and breakfast were good. If I come back to Tianjin I will stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business