Holiday Inn Tianjin Aqua City
Trip.com
US$149
US$100
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I spent 2 nights at this hotel while in Tianjin for business. The staff was good but I wasn't impressed with the rest of the hotel. As mentioned in other reviews not all of the staff speaks English but there is always someone available that does so I didn't find this to be a problem. Check-in was fine but when the concierge took me up to my room, which was a non-smoking room, the smell of smoke was very strong. I am used to this in China but this was bad. The staff quickly change (and upgraded) my room. The air conditioning in the room was very poor and would not cool down. I did complain and they were going to change my room but the AC is a central system and the temperature of the air is the same throughout. The internet service is also slow and the connection would cut out from time to time. Since I travel frequently being able to Skype home is very important for me. The breakfast wasn’t not the greatest and I had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was average. The highlight of this hotel is the staff but given the other problems I will find another hotel next time I am in Tianjin.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Holidayinn_tj_aqua, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tianjin Aqua City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear valued guest, thank you first for staying in our hotel and more important for letting us know your experiences with our products and service even it was not all positive. Please accept our sincere apology that your experience with our hotel was not up to your expectation.Your feedback has been shared with hotel team to follow up. Please give us a change to correct the poor impression you had during the recent stay.We shall pre-arrange your room in order you have a more enjoyable stay while you are in Tianjin next time.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I have been in this hotel 4 times in several seasons (July, November, January and now again in July). I had a very good stay in terms of quality of the room (space, service, cleaning, confort). About the general services, I've noted that the staff is sometimes not consistent in thei attentiveness to guests. Also the receptionists don't speak english so well, with some problems in the relationship with guest. Internet available in the room, Wifi and with cable, but the line is not so speed sometimes. Breakfast very good in terms of service and buffet quality and quantity. For the dinner the service is not so good. Please remember to ask for a room away from the main road, very noisy also during the night. Hotel well positioned but if you need to go downtown the taxi is needed and sometime you cannot find it in front of the hotel but you have to stop it along the way.

Sono stato per 4 volte qui in diverse stagioni (luglio-novembre-gennaio ed ancora luglio). Ho soggiornato in una bella camera in termini di servizio, pulizia, accessori. Ho notato un personale non sempre attento verso il cliente, soprattutto alla reception il livello di inglese non aiuta il rapporto col cliente. Internet è disponibile in camera (wifi e con cavo) ma la linea non è sempre veloce. Colazione buona, in termini di servizio e disponibilità del buffet. Per la cena invece, siamo a livelli più bassi. Se possibile chiedete una camera lontano dalla strada principale, molto rumorosa anche di notte. Posizionato bene, ma per andare in centro serve un taxi che spesso non stazionano davnti all'hotel ma devi cercare e fermare lungo la strada.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Holidayinn_tj_aqua, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tianjin Aqua City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for your stay at Holiday Inn Tianjin Aqua City and share your experience with us. We are consistently seeking ways to improve our guests experience and have shared your comments with the respective department concern. We do hope that you will experience an improvement on your next visit. At the same time, we would also recommend you to send us an email (hotel@holidayinn-aqua.com) when you place your next booking and we shall pre-arrange your room in order you to have a more enjoyable stay while you are in Tianjin.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stay here fro 7 nights with my son on business trip, and it's clean with nice smell (compare the air pollution out side).
Room is comfortable and good size, no bath tube but sower is good. there was a construction outside so hotel provided pair of ear plugs, but the noise is not noticeable so I do not use them.
Service is calm and nice, no funny girls phone call in the night like some other Chinese hotel.
there are not many breakfast service around, so I suggest book the hotel breakfast. or walk 200 meters for MacDonald.
Subway is almost down stair.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience with us. We are glad to see that you enjoyed the trip with your son in our hotel, and we do apologize there was noisy outside. Hope we can welcome you at Holiday Inn Tianjin Aqua City again in near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel in Tianjin and it was consistently good both times. The room was large and well-equipped, with comfortable furniture and was very clean. The staff were not consistent in their attentiveness to guests. Some were great, others would look the other way if they saw you looking for them. Both mornings that I was there, the coffee machine was not functioning in the breakfast buffet. Other than that, the food was good, with a wide selection of options available from cereal, to cooked to order omelets, and anything else you might want. The gym had good equipment but was limited to 3 treadmills and no elliptical machines. IF possible, get a room away from the main road. Even on the 21st floor, the traffic noise was quite loud and started very early in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Holidayinn_tj_aqua, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tianjin Aqua City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings during your stay with us. As the hotel continue to strive to provide a better service to the guests, your comments is very important to us. We have addressed this issue with the departments concern and ways of improvement has been implemented. We hope to welcome you back again in near future and please feel free contact us if you require any assistance.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I arrived yesterday at this Hotel at 8:00 pm, at 10:30 pm I was still at the lobby waiting to get a clean bedroom, during this time I checked 3 bedrooms with similar problems in all: long black hairs all over the floor: bathroom, carpet, entrance, .... the toilet was found with sticky black spots all around.
The room looks nice at first sight but when the morning light is coming you realize it has not being clean deeply in years

Definitely this is no the standard quality you are expecting for 5 star Holiday Inn

Room Tip: Road bedrooms are noisy
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

First of all, thank you for highlighting this matter to our attention. Please accept our sincere apology for your unpleasant encounter during your stay with us. We are indeed very disturbed and have referred the matter to the relevant departmental head concerned and rest assured that no efforts will be spared to ensure any recurrence in the future. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.