“Artful, Cottage-like Architecture”

Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe
Ranked #19 of 1,358 Hotels in Tianjin
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Located at the other end of the historical Jiefang Road. Quiet but easy access to the metro and eateries. Nicely constructed with artful interior designs. Fresh and colorful breakfast restaurant operated by friendly and cheerful staff. Underground swimming pool with daylight was a relief from the smoggy city.

Like many hotel rooms in China, our only qualm was the air-conditioning in the room - too hot and cannot be turned down. Switching it off was the only option but tends to be stuffy as not many windows can be opened.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear VictorC1883, Thank you for your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe. We are pleased to know that you appreciated the location of our hotel, an aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests. Your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our quality even further as we hope to exceed overand beyond our guest expectations. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience due to the air-conditioning problem and will definitely rectify the issues that were being brought up. Thank you once again, we look very much forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I checked-in here on a weekend. Nice staff. Hotel looks like a resort in the midst of a bustling city! Rooms elegantly designed and furnished. The height of the luxury one would find in the toilets- provided with a fully automatic electronically control system: the first time I ever witnessed at any of the hotels I had travelled world-wide. Staff go at lengths to keep the guests happy with their quick personalized service. Nice gestures from their front-end managers with a gift pack. Hotel is very safe. Have some bicycles for rent, though their quality is a question. Food is very limited for a hotel of this magnitude. But restaurant staff are extremely well mannered and nice. A German named bar is functioning in the campus, a bit of disappointment though with even basic gestures for a bar found wanting. Entertainment and relaxation facilities are lacking here. Pricing of course on the higher side but will be worth its value for money if there are some basic improvements implemented. Sure, I will recommend travelers to patronize this hotel if they look for something beyond an usual care of a hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 days, it's well located in downtown Tianjin, nice setting, very comfortable rooms, good breakfast and nice fitness room+pool. For tourism, might be a little disappointing as it is not very authentic Chinese, but for business, it's got everything you need. Would stay there again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Soly C,Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our good location, nice decoration, comforortable rooms, good breakfast made your stay experience morememorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve. Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us to experience our neighbourhood and our inspired service. Thank you! Your sincerely!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

When you walk into the hotel and the courtyard to your room located in a separate building from the main admin hall, you feel like you are in Europe, not in one of China's largest industrial cities. The set up is interesting and designed for the cold winters of that region of China, with function rooms, gym, pool and interconnection between buildings in the basement level.

The rooms are also unique and you feel like you are in a Swiss chalet or a German inn, with its wooden floors and walls. The toilet was interesting, too. Fully automated and would raise the seat cover whenever you passed by. Heated seat and auto flushing. There were controls for more features but that was too complicated for me! The shower area is big with wood-like tiling.

Some deficiencies noted: Room is relative dark with lighting ideal for a romantic setting rather than for functional purposes. I always look for the option to get brighter lights when needed. The work desk is an old style desk, with little drawers on the desktop sides. That limits work space unfortunately. And the shower control was difficult to get right, as it was either too hot or too cold with the slightest movement. Takes a while to fiddle with temp and volume control, but you get there with patience.

The breakfast buffet is not typical Asian, not the huge spread you see in other hotels, so I actually liked it. Easier to select, and they give you a menu to tick off if you want eggs, omelets or specialized dishes.

The bar is very nice and they had a young duo who were quite talented, singing popular mellow songs. The fellow played very good guitar and the young lady had a beautiful voice and pronounced lyrics of English, Brazilian and Spanish songs perfectly.

All in all, a really nice experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear BobM08,
Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We have already reported your comments on room lighting and shower control problem to relevant department managers. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future. thank you.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I am not sure what I was expecting with this Indigo, but I left it feeling a little unfulfilled. Don't get me wrong - it is a good hotel, but it seemed a little soulless, which is a big miss if you are a boutique choice.

The breakfast was also disappointing - cooked to order but only the eggs were hot.

The staff were friendly and attentive, however, which is surprisingly rare in China.

• Stayed: October 2013
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Dklondon, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe. We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable, Meanwhile, we would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience may have caused you aobut breakfast. Your comment has been documented and will certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

i was surprised by the value this hotel gives. i was welcomed by welcoming Tracy that showed me around very nicely like rest of the stuff,
overall the hotel is designed as german street with separate houses but actually the houses are connected by very big basement where the pool and gym are located
every detail here is designed and inspired mostly by old movies style
every room is designed in different style
the first room i got was huge suite really big with everything you could think of. only problem was that the windows were not so big so not so many outside view in the room. second suite was designed by film noir style and it was with black and dark purple colors only with almost no windows . that was a bit over design for me - i would prefer normal room with window better than any design
pool is long enough to practice laps and when i was done, someone place bottle of water at the side of the pool for me - that was very nice
location is in residential neighborhood - nothing much to do around and need taxi to get anywhere
breakfast is nice - everyone sits next to one big table which makes it friendlier atmosphere

Room Tip: request room with light
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear Shmulik C,
Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe and taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us!
We are delighted to know that you like the hotel different room design style, swimming pool, our friendly service and comfortable atmosphere when having breakfast. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is second review I am writing for this hotel. I had the first one deleted because it didn't do justice to the AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE that we had experienced when my family and I stayed there. Sure, the grounds were impeccably designed and well-maintained. Our room had a gorgeous maritime theme combining blonde wood panels and ocean hues. The very tall windows framed the gorgeous blue skies we enjoyed while we were there. And we had one of those high-tech toilets that warm, wash and dry you with the press of a button. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and best enjoyed al fresco on the balcony. The compound was at the corner of an intersection but it was surprisingly quiet. And the location is just a quick cab ride away from tons of interesting destinations.

But like I said, the main strength of this young establishment are the PEOPLE who run it. Never in China have I seen a more genuinely courteous, attentive, receptive and caring staff. When I needed someone to help me access wiFi in our room a front desk staff member came right over to see if I was pressing the right keys on my iPad. When I needed cold medicine for my daughter front desk right away put me in a cab with directions to get to the nearest western clinic.

Most importantly, in the days following our family vacation in Tianjin both manager and reception employees rallied their ENTIRE TEAM- from front desk to housekeeping to security- to find a bag that I thought I had left inside the safe in our room. I had suggested that whoever cleaned our room must have taken it, leaving behind a set of keys. That notion was enough to set off alarm bells across all departments and they kept in touch with me for several days to reassure me that they were doing everything possible to help. After about just a day they had my keys delivered to me in Beijing. Then they asked me for a list of items I had lost, and replaced them through Taobao, every single item! Of course, I promised to send the items right back. As it turned out my bag was not lost or stolen after all. On the same day a courier replaced my lost things I found my bag under the seat of our car!

Throughout this whole ordeal, every single person from the hotel who contacted me maintained a tone of utmost concern and respect in their voice (over the phone and in emails). And they probably knew deep in their heart that no one from their staff would've taken anything from our room. This is what really wowed me about Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe. It operates within a culture of GENUINE HUMAN KINDNESS. That's hard to come by in most hotels. Even in the most expensive ones.

To the staff and management of Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, my sincerest apologies. And THANK YOU so very much.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IndigoTJ, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Kathy, Thank you for taking the time to write the second review about your stay experience at Hotel Indigo Tianjin Haihe. We are very proud of our staff to solve this problem in such a good way. We are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. Your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our quality even further as we hope to exceed over and beyond our guest expectations. Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you.