“best hotel I ever stayed in China.”

The Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin
Ranked #1 of 1,325 Hotels in Tianjin
Shanghai, China
“best hotel I ever stayed in China.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel design is incredible, art decorations are thoughfully selected. Really love the finishing details of my room. The staff are really friendly there.The hotel Flair bar was packed with people on last friday. The lady bartender was very friendly and very hot as well... loved the Laksa and nice mojito. I have see people ordering martini garnished with Cotton candy, i will definetely try on my next visit.

Room Tip: the view to victoria garden are best in my opinion
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tastyegg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Beijing, China
Reviewed 1 May 2014

every thing is good,big and luxury room,convenient location,good and attentive services,it is no doubt that ritz carlton tianjin is the best in the tianjin city!
the room is full of colonial style,luxury,full of vivid color. it has a big bath tube with good maintenance.the bath room has spacious space,it is also luxury and clean.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank xingfelite
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Ritz Carlton Tianjin is truly a charming hotel that is centrally located in the old British quarter that is only minutes away from the beautiful banks of the Haihe River. The service is good and our elegant room comes with a little balcony that looks into a nice courtyard.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank T_Ling707
Sanya, China
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Had a short break at Ritz-Carlton Tianjin with my friend recently. I was so impressed by the building and the decoration, it looks like a castle. The location is very good and quiet; it’s closed to the train station, only 10 mins by Taxi! The staff there is very friendly and welcoming, The breakfast experiences in the Zest was great, I was sit beside the window area with great view outside to look and one more hint: you must try their afternoon tea in the Lobby, the cakes and scone is so tasty, you’d better to make a reservation beforehand since it is very popular. The entire stay was so good and I will definitely come back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tracy W
Beijing, China
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Ritz Carlton is my favorite hotel and this is my first stay in Tianjin. Very nice location, easy to go everywhere downtown. Hotel is very new, Staff here is generally polite and welcoming.

had a very nice dinner in Club Lounge, Staff there is very helpful. Fantastic experience in SPA, Must Go! a girl named Mary is very nice.

a good experience overall speaking, could be better if putting more attention to detail. staff didn't pour drink in front of me in Chinese Restaurant.

Room Tip: Executive Floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lu L
Tianjin, China
Reviewed 23 April 2014

As a brand-new luxury hotel in Tianjin, my husband and i chose the Ritz carlton to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. i must tell it is the best choice we made. the hotel decorated extremely beautiful, luxury, and elegant. and i love the fragrance arounding the lobby, which was a little sweety, but not too much. hotel staffs were well trained, and smile all the time and greet us sincerely. more than that, we didn't expect that they can remember our name, and call our name each time when they see us. room is very nice and facilities are high-tech. Zest is the buffet restaurant with perfect dessert! but my favorite is Flair. really enjoyable of staying Ritz carlton!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jing0918
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed in a junior suite for 2 nights. The hotel is located in a good location (old part of town). The hotel's facility is good and staff are well trained and courteous. The quality of food at restaurant and room service is not bad - above average. I was in Tainjin during the off season and hotel seems to be less crowded but in certain occasion at bar, restaurant and cafe, I had a difficulty getting an attention of staff. I think the hotel was understaffed maybe to manage the cost during the off season. There are a number of new 5 starts hotels in Tainjin, including St Regis, Banyan Tree, I wonder how they will manage to retain and staff with an experienced hoteliers going forward, not to mention during the peak season. So, I think the hotel is good but service is bit slow (though quality of service is not bad). I however wonder how it will be during the peak season.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KLTokyo
The Ritz-Carlto... T, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Sir,

Greeting from The Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin!

I would like to take this opportunity to Thank You for the time you have taken to share your comments and for staying with us.

It is our continued mission to provide all of our guests with a personalized stay that creates memories for a lifetime. I truly appreciate the time and length that you have gone to share with us the service deficiencies during your stay. With this feedback we will be able to address service and quality issues; and continue to make improvements to our overall operation.

All of our Ladies and Gentlemen are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin. It would also be my pleasure to get in touch directly with you if you ever need any further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at vincent.billiard@ritzcarlton.com

Best Regards,