“Superb hotel Europe in China..”

Ranked #1 of 1,328 Hotels in Tianjin
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
“Superb hotel Europe in China..”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

One of the best Ritz's in China. The hotel looks like a Palace. Super Grand lobby . Very good rooms with balcony. The asian restaurant in the lobby was excellent. Excellent service. Has a beautiful garden in front. The grand staircase looks elegant 5 stars...

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Anand P
The Ritz-Carlto... T, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Anand P,
Warm greetings from The Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin.! I was extremely proud an d happy to read your review. It was great to learn that your stay was enjoyable. I am glad that you enjoyed the building, the design and our location with the Victoria Park right in front of us. I hope our hotel and our location will soon become one more of the many landmarks in Tianjin.
All of our Ladies and Gentlemen are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin. It would also be my pleasure to get in touch directly with you if you ever need any further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at vincent.billiard@ritzcarlton.com
Best Regards!

Vincent Billiard
The Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

At the point of writing this review, I am still staying at the Ritz Carlton Tianjin hotel. Arrived Tianjin on 09Aug14 (Sat) and have arranged for the hotel pick up service. The driver Mr Seow was polite and took the trouble to share with me a few places of interest in town so that I could visit during my stay. When I arrived at the hotel, the concierge staff, Mr Sunny was quick to handle my luggage and brought me straight to the Club Lounge for check in. Ms Sonia and Ms Suche handled the check in efficiently and Sunny showed me to the room right after that. The Club Deluxe room is extremely beautiful, luxurious and tastefully decorated. Room amenities is of the first class quality. The benefits offered at the club lounge is so far the best among the hotels that I have stayed so far. Five (5) food presentations are served at the club lounge daily; consist of buffet breakfast, lunch, traditional afternoon tea, cocktail with dinner/canapés and ends with dessert/supper. There are a lot to eat and food is divine and delicious. Excellent choice of red and white wines is offered from lunch till supper.

Coincidentally on the day when I checked in, it was my birthday and the staffs at the club lounge remembered and celebrated my birthday with birthday song, cakes and fruits. I have in fact received an email from Eva from Ritz Carlton Shanghai Pudong extending birthday wishes and inviting me to stay with them again. That was so sweet and thoughtful.

Overall, my stay so far is superb. I would like to thank Ms Sonia, Ms Sushe, Ms Yan Ying, Ms Ethel, Mr Nigel, Mr Ocean, Ms Syrah and all staffs at the Ritz Carlton Tianjin Club Lounge for the excellent hospitality and memorable stay. I will definitely stay at this wonderful hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Greeting from the Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin.!
Thank You for the time you have taken to share your comments and for staying with us. Your praise regarding the professionalism and friendless of our Ladies and Gentlemen was extremely gratifying and I was delighted to read that our Club Lounge Team surprised you with the birthday party during your stay. I sincerely hope you had a memorable stay with us! Please be sure that all our Ladies and Gentlemen you mentioned have been personally recognized and praised for their great service.
I do hope we may welcome you back to the Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me or any of my team and it would be a pleasure to be of further assistance. You can also contact me directly at Vincent.billiard@ritzcarlton.com should you need anything.
Yours Sincerely,

Vincent Billiard
Zhengzhou
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel for Biz trip, it's my third time staying here, I love the warm welcome feeling of Ritz Carlton. Nice breakfast! Noodle and the Dumpling is super good! Top recommend hotel in Tianjin! Will come back next month!
Had the best experience of SPA! Sooooo relaxing!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank lianfuwang
Beijing, China
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel lobby immediately takes you to a place in Europe with the elegant interior and wide space. The building itself reflects the investment made in the landmark building Our stay was a one weekend night weekend at club level and unforgettable with world class trained staff which is always refreshing to find. Only 15 minutes from the train station and is a great weekend getaway from Beijing.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Chongqing
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just visited Tianjin for the weekend, a very short one night stay.The city itself is quite nice and very easily accessible by fast train from Beijing. My friends and I booked the newly opened Ritz-Carlton. It is a flagship of a hotel. Probably one of the most imposing properties they operate in mainland China. For us, is the only place to stay while in the city.
[1] – Arrival – beyond the imposing garden and into the grand lobby, we were overwhelmed by the beautiful luxurious surroundings. As it happened, on the day our group was checking in , the General Manager was there greeting the hotel guests.
[2] – the rooms – very clean and modern despite the classic staying of the entire property. The beds were very soft, Wifi signal strong and in my opinion more international tv channels than are usually available in mainland China properties. Bathroom was great; give a try to the rain shower feature
[3] – Club Lounge - Our rooms were e placed together on the 9th floor [same level as the club] This extra service offers among others happy hour, cocktails and a private area for breakfast is a must. There is definitely value to be found in the extra money it requires for access. We all enjoyed the experience there as the entire team was very attentive towards our needs. Sonia, was especially brilliant. Her ‘go beyond her duty’ attitude make her a great manager to know if you ever need assistance
[4] – accessibility – even as I don’t speak the local language, the Bellmen were always on hand to either stop taxies or to recommend some of the local attractions.
[5] – location – The building itself is centrally located, with a 5 minute drive from the main river section where all the outgoes seem to congregate at night. From the train station via taxi, expect a 10-15 min ride.
[6] – Breakfast – great variety with excellent quality food. Was walking about holding an empty plate and the chef jumped behind her cooking area to recommend an omelet. Probably saved my day as I was getting trapped by the delicious chocolate home-made croissants 
To sum it up then, this was a great place to stay. Can highly recommend it to anyone while visiting Tianjin.

All the best.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This is what I call a 5* hotel. I have been traveling to Tianjin since 1992 but this is now for the first time I was able to stay in such excellent hotel ever since the Hyatt was shut. Great service, impressive rooms and very well located. What else I can say? I come back!

Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I have had to spend 6 weeks straight in Tianjin due to illness. God sent me a hotel made in heaven. They bent over backwards to accommodate my hospitalisation recovery. The staff were world class. The food varied and clean and good choice. The gym had a large amount of equipment. The rooms luxurious to the max and I've been lucky enough to have stayed in most of the worlds capitals hotels and this trip in Tianjin rivalled any of those I've stayed in before. Fabulous gym and a pool with a great location to run outdoors along the river. I can't find fault.

Stayed July 2014