Holiday Inn Express Tianjin Airport
Agoda.com
US$181
US$142
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I've stayed at a few Holiday Inn Express hotels before and generally have a pleasant experience, but this one really failed to impress. The room I got had a horrible musty smell, the aircon didn't work properly, the pillows smelt vaguely of cigarette smoke (nothing strange in China) and the carpet looked anything but clean. The breakfast was just OK... at least it fills your stomach. Only positive things were that the beds were relatively soft (by Chinese standards) and it was cheap and close to the airport, but I would gladly pay a bit extra and drive a bit further to stay at a better hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
天津空港智选假日酒店, 销售总监 at Holiday Inn Express Tianjin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2016

Dear guest, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Tianjin Airport and share with us your wonderful comments. We can see from your comments that you are not very satisfied with the stay, the hotel is deeply sorry. Hotel is located in the end of the business guests, the overall cabinet and delicate, facilities and spare, with simple and free style is known, is your business travel and tourism resort of choice. Thank you for your valuable suggestions for the development of the hotel. It is also recommended that you stay in the hotel and the hotel service staff to actively communicate, they will help you. Looking forward to your next visit, and share your experience with us. I wish you a happy life and everything goes well.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

The rooms are clean and airy, but the hotel is located in a wasteland and there is nothing to do in the vicinity. The restuarant is magnificent in its awfulness.

Stayed: April 2012
天津空港智选假日酒店, 销售总监 at Holiday Inn Express Tianjin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Reviewed 8 January 2012

When I started travelling in China for work (almost 20 years ago) the hotel standards were terrible. It has come a long way since then and most of the branded hotels in China are now simply great. This one is a bit of a throw back to the old days.
I stay more than 50 nights each year at Holiday Inn hotels in China and I am constantly amazed at how good they are in comparison to North American and European Holiday Inn hotels. Usually I book them myself on the Holiday Inn web site, but this time our China office made the booking for us. It was a mistake.
On the positive side, it was very convenient (near to the airport) and it was extremely well priced.
Unfortunately the rooms were terrible, there were no services, and the restaurant was positively scary. I kept my bags tighly zipped up to avoid taking along any live stock, slept in my clothes to avoid contact with the sheets and we skipped the free breakfast, choosing instead to go to the Starbucks at the airport.
Unless you either are travelling on an extremely tight budget or you want to experience how hotels were in China 20 years ago, I would reccomend that you avoid this one.
I do have a tip for anybody who does decide to risk it - there is no fridge or mini bar in the room but they do sell cold beer from a fridge in the foyer. Take along your own opener since none is available in the room - possibly this explains the strange gashes and scrapes all along the front edge of the TV stand.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2011

The hotel is near Airport near Tianjin Industrial park. Very good value 4 star with good rooms and bathrooms. Rooms are little small. Restaurant is small but good.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2010

To whom it may concern:

I want to express my appreciation for the superior service I received during my stay at your hotel from November12th to November 16th. I really enjoyed my experience at your hotel. I was impressed with the great efforts made by the staff for making a wonderful stay for me.

I also would like also to take this opportunity to thank Cissie Chill,who was extremely helpful and very responsive to my needs and questions. She deserve a great deal of praise for her excellent customer service.

Kudos to you and your staff for making my stay a great one. I will definitely be staying with this Hotel again.

Best regards,