“Yet another great stay!”
Review of Aparna Guest House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kovalam
Aparna Guest House
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Kovalam
San Francisco
“Yet another great stay!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I've stayed at the Aparna several times. I didn't think it could get any better. It's clean, inexpensive and ideally located. However, this time I was delighted to discover I could have a pot of hot water for tea and filtered water for drinking delivered to my room free. (I always gave a nice tip) This allowed me to make my own green tea and avoid using plastic bottles. Sitting on my bed, looking at the ocean, drinking my tea, in a clean and lovely room: Perfection. The staff are wonderful. I wish I could stay for a month. Being away from the beach a bit is actually a blessing. It can get intense down there. Charles, the manager, is a very special man. You'll feel safe and relaxed in this amazing hotel.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank ShaktiSanFrancisco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were 5 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Aparna. Nice location, staffs are very friendly and ready to help. Clean rooms, housekeeping is excellent. Special thanks to Charles & Sathyan for making our stay a memorable one. A definite visit again. Cheers guys. Bronson N

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bronson_N2013
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel has great rooms with a great view. The rooms were cleaned daily and the bathroom was the best we had. They have a geyser for hot water and the shower had a recessed floor so everything didn't get wet. They also supplied toilet paper and they give you a bottle of water on your first day. The rooms also have a small fridge which is handy for storing other drinks and water you buy. The balcony is great and although we didn' t get to use it that much due to the wild weather it was handy for drying clothes and would be great in the sunshine. There are fabulous windows that open up along the balcony but the only downside is that there are no screens and the mosquitoes were particularly bad and as we wanted to leave the windows open at night to let a breeze in we got a few bites. They did have an insect thing plugged in but it didn't appear to work that well.
The staff were fabulous, very helpful and were always there it greet you with your key on your return to the hotel and even stay up until you are back. They have a great selection of books for you to swap or read.
The only problem we could see is if you are elderly or not in good health the hotel is situated up a hill from the beach and this could prove a bother for you. We didn't find it an issue.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SunTan12
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Having stayed in Kovalam numerous times, we can definitely say that Hotel Aparna is by far the best experience we have had. The rooms are big, bright and spacious with comfortable balconies and amazing views. The balconies are especially good for relaxing and reading a book (from the well-stocked hotel library!). The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly without being intrusive; the room was spotlessly cleaned and the linens changed each morning while we were out. They really went out of their way to accommodate us (including arranging for someone to bring a bouquet of roses from Trivandrum when I asked where I inquired as to where I could buy flowers). Overall, amazing value for money, and far better than any other hotels in the same price bracket. If I visit Kovalam again, I will certainly not be staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: First-floor rooms and above have the best views and the most privacy; rooms on the left side of the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jdso-lra
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 11 September 2013

A wonderful place to stay for anyone visiting Kovalam. Amazing value for big rooms, a sea view and really excellent service. The cleanest and most well looked after guest house I've come across. The team are wonderful - friendly, reliable and always do their utmost with whatever it is you need. Happy to make recommendations about what to do for a day as well as organise any transport you need, the staff really make it feel like a home from home. And just a few short minutes walk from the beach too. I would recommend Aparna to anyone - I'll certainly be gong back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2013

One of the best places we stayed at during our trip. Offered a huge luxury room at a very good price. We stayed here three nights and didn't look anywhere else. The bathroom was big and the balcony allowed us to dry off our washing and sit and relax at night watching the waves crash against the lighthouse rocks. Power cuts were frequent and lasted long but they provided us with candles, which was a nice touch. They asked daily if we wanted the room cleaned, and although we didn't need it, the thought was nice. The hotel offers a huge selection of books for you to rad during your time at Kovalam. No need to go elsewhere, go here.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michael H
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This is a fabulous place to stay - clean & comfortable as well as great value. I have visited India many times in my capacity as a tour leader, as well as when travelling independently & would happily recommend the Aparna to everyone. Charles does a great job of ensuring that everyone is looked after. You just can't fault the place!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo