“fine restaurant”

Molly's Retreat Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 68 Restaurants in Kovalam
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: you have published the wrong picture of my restaurant, the one shown is not Mollys
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We decided to have dinner here when we were going to our KTDC resort and it was a satisfying evening. The food is good, beautifully cooked and has a slight touch of different preparation mix. We tried 4 different items and all were absolutely delicious. The candle lit table always sets the mood (if you are travelling with your partner). Its a perfect value for money restaurant.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

The title says it all!
We met several Brits in there, and British food is available, but we ate good vegetarian Indian food. Everything was freshly cooked and was some of the best food we've eaten in India.

2  Thank Missturkey
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We ate at Molly's on three occasions while we were in Kerala. The service was attentive but not overly so, the staff were realy friendly. Once you enter Molly's its hard to belive you are on the main street. Best tables in my opinion are by the pool. It has a good menu, indian, mexican and some international stalwarts. The make fine chips, after a week of curry sometimes its the simple things!

It also does some nice snacks for lunch.

Prices were not high probably average 200 - 300 for most mains 120 - 200 for drinks.

all in all I would eat here again the next time I am in town.

2  Thank Bjorn_Toulose
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Excellent service, decent food, good drinks selection, beautifully lit setting by the pool.

I had the special local Kerala chicken curry which was tasty, although the bone to meat ratio was too high for me to say it was really great.

Thanks for a pleasant Christmas eve dinner!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

During my holiday with my wife we visited this restaurant twice and on both occasions were really enjoyable.

Over the two times we visited we ordered the chicken pakora, prawns pakora, chicken korma on mini papad, fish tikka with sail fish, kerala chilli chicken, chicken tikka, chicken tandoori and naan breads. I know that seems like lots of food for only two visits but once you go you will want to order and share as much as you can. It was all cooked superbly with most of it cooked on the large tandoor with precise flavourings and a chefs touch leaving everything moist and flavoursome.

This was one of my favourite restaurants in kerala and one that isn't the easiest to find. It's easy if you stay in the uday Samudra as it is right by the main gate. If you are on lighthouse beach jump a taxi it is only a couple of minutes away. It has a lovely setting and is away from the hassle that goes with lighthouse beach. Don't worry about getting back as well as there as a taxi rank outside the uday Samudra with taxis and rickshaws.

Give it a go