“Terrible”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kovalam
Kovalam Beach Retreat
Ranked #41 of 52 Hotels in Kovalam
Reviewed 25 December 2013

It is one of the worst experiences of mine. The hotel has everything what one doesn't want. Though near to samundra beach, big rooms but the way staff is & the rooms are maintained is an example of ill management. S pool is just for the name sake. Don't get carried away with complimentary bfast, it's bfast with crows & u won't touch it. I feel cleartrip should at least verify the standards of the hotels before they recommend these on website. I wish I had not done this booking. Kindly stay away from this hotel. Not is exaggerated & it's true narration of my spoiled trip.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Major Rajesh S

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We had a stay there for one day. Rooms are specious, but interiors were very dull. It is located on Samundra beach. Staff at reception was pretty helpful, as I have made last minute booking. No proper sea view from room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2013

i stayed in kovalam beach retreat in september, 2013..Even after prior booking, nobody was on the reception to receive me..I had to call personally, the person whom i talked earlier to say that please give me the room, i am at your hotel's reception !!! I went into the room, which was quite ordinary..now i thought to have tea after had some headache, the telephone was not working, so i had to go 2 floors down to reception to ask for a tea !! I enquired about the swimming pool, but it was not clean..Then next day when i went to bathroom and found no water, it took Half an hour to resolve the issue..I put on the T.V. and could find mostly regional channels with bad picture quality, no good hindi or english channel..then i was informed that hotel is under renovation, that's why service is poor..I just want to say that the managment could have completed the renovation work and then ask for booking, rather than spoiling somebody's vacation..Only good thing was location near to beach. Overall a very bad experience..Will not recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank rockey234
kbr123, Front Office Manager at Kovalam Beach Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings From Kovalam Beach Retreat , Kovalam

We are very sorry for the inconvenience which is caused in Kovalam Beach Retreat. Now the property is fully renovated & we are offering one night complimentary stay for your next visit in kovalam.

Regards
Team Kovalam Beach Retreat

Reviewed 24 May 2012

This hotel is adjacent to Beach and hence gets advantage of accessing beach pretty fast. Room were not that good but having view of swimming pool. Room were also lacking in cleanliness. Swimming pool in this hotel offers good change.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank himansh
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Hi it’s me Webner from UAE,

We selected Kovalam Beach Retreat for our holiday accommodation place through a travel agency, when I went to the reviews about the hotel I was little bit unhappy to stay over there but we had any other option to select any other resort

The reception and the lobby is very small and having limited facility, but the service and quality of the food were beyond our expectation, staffs were so friendly with us and were ready to serve us,

One remarkable incident was during my stay my little daughter got heavy fever and once we informed the reception at midnight, they made necessary arrangement to go to hospital,

I am so happy to say that I had a nice stay over there @ kovalam beach retreat; if you are budget traveler sure u can prefer this hotel,

Regards
Webner al Mulla

Room Tip: Well I don’t recommend ground floor rooms which doesn’t have privacy
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank webner
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I stayed at Hotel for one day. In the night, Dinner was served after waiting for 30 minutes. No one was attentive for services. We ordered some vegetables, which was served as we completed our dinner. So I was very unsatisfied in respect of services as against room charges of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank rajsunluc
Reviewed 21 May 2011

So called “Round The Clock” menu is a hoax. On requesting snacks from this menu @ 04:00 PM, restaurant flatly refused to provide any. On contacting Reception on this, it was told that there is no Room-Service facility in the Hotel. The telephone nos. list in the room also testified this as no telephone no. was mentioned for the Room-Service. With Room-Service virtually non-existent, we were finally served with some snacks at 05:00 pm and to say the least, neither the content nor the quality of the snacks matched with the extremely high prices charged for the same.

The breakfast & dinner at Restaurant at 3rd floor were of equally poor quality. The utensils were not cleaned properly and the food was unhygienic as tea served was cold with some unknown stuff floating inside the cup. The overall ambience of Restaurant seemed very shabby and unwelcoming.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family