“Good Hotel for stay.”

Ranked #32 of 52 Hotels in Kovalam
Noida
“Good Hotel for stay.”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have good experience in this hotel, Hotel stay near by beach around 10 mins walking distance. and restaurant is on top floor with good sea view. Food was ok. Hotel services was fine and staff was co-operative. Swimming pool was good but small. Good hotel to stay but I don't like food. It's located little bit off from the main road. Overall all it's good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deepak G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 20 December 2013

the experience was great. my holiday was awesome in hilland sea view.room 802 was good .i recommend this room for all who visit here and all rooms along that is fine.i would love to come back here once more.

Room Tip: 802 room.wooden rooms are also good
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jithusn2013
Reviewed 13 December 2013

You always have high hopes while travelling, especially when you are on your honeymoon! So, it's a double whammy if you get a pathetic hotel to end your trip!!

Kovalam was my last stop on my honeymoon trip to Kerala and having had a great time till now, I was hoping to end my trip on a high. But sadly, it was not to be!

The hotel is located quite inside from the main road, and had I not asked for sea view room while booking, I would have been gazing at either the building next door or some trees.

Anyways, sea view room and pool near my room, I thought this might be it. That's when I realised all that glitters is not gold.

I ordered food(3 dishes in total) for the wife and me and I was given a confirmation that the same shall reach my room in about 30 minutes. I was OK with the wait. About 5 minutes later, I was informed that one of the dishes I ordered is finished. I changed the same to one of the available dishes and waited some more.

Once the food arrives, I realise it's just one dish of the three I ordered. Upon enquiring further, I was told that the kitchen has now shut down and I won't be getting what I ordered. After all, who cares about an unsatisfied guest, when the top agenda on the staff's mind is to close the kitchen??

Even the dish that was served(Noodles) had been sent without plates for serving it in or fork to eat it with. Asking them to fetch it was another wait of 20 minutes. All this without a trace of apology on the staff faces.

While checking out, I wished to write the incident in their guest book. When I asked for the same, I was made to wait for 30 odd minutes, with no sign of it coming any time soon. I had to push off as I had another day planned. Otherwise I would have given them a piece of my mnd then and there itself, in writing, for future guests to see.

Dear Owner of this property,

Get your act together.

Sincerely
A frustated guest

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Mayank R

Travellers are raving about these Kovalam hotels

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed with my family in this resort for 2 days and my experience was not very good. The property though located a little inside from the main road and the beach has a very good view from the top floors. However the service was quite poor. The Hotel staff was courteous but when asked about the poor service they gave the excuse of off season. I assume that service is better in he peak season, but any body travelling in off season should also get the minimum expected service. The resturant had lot of items in the menu but most of them were not available - reason off season. So please dont go to this hotel if your are looking for good service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank amitavasarma
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 5 October 2013

It was a bit hard to find this resort, and it takes around 10 minutes to reach the beach. The room was ok clean but nothing special. We stayed three persons in one room and the staff was helpful in giving us an extra bed, but the bed itself had seen better days. Nice view of the lighthouse from the room. Breakfast was good. The pool area is clean and well kept.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My friend and I were travelling around India and decided to go for something a bit more luixurious when we arrived in Kerala. We were not disappointed! The hotel was clean,the staff friendly and efficient and the room we had was beautiful! We had a fantastic room overlooking the sea, and it was lovely to sit out on our veranda in the evenings.
Only a 5 minute walk to the beach and the local restaurants, this hotel is definately worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alysha M
Bangalore
Reviewed 15 March 2013

It was a good and pleasant stay at this hotel. Good sea view. Good staff and good amenities too. The rooms live up to the standards. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any business/personal trip.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Vinay L