We stayed at the Swagath for 2 weeks and were allocated a room in the old block initially. The room was clean but a little jaded - the A/C was noisy and did not work properly. It was situated near to the floor and appeared to be held in place with masking tape, the really strange thing was the way the full length curtains had a square cut out of them to accommodate the unit when they could easily have just been cut shorter - India at its funniest!
We asked about rooms in the new block and were told that there was one available 2 days later. The room was lovely, one of the best I've had in India, but we found to our dismay that this air conditioning did not work at all. Maintenance was called and they said it would be repaired in 2 days (this did not happen). Our rep was really good and found a mobile A/C unit - unfortunately it did not work well and was just too noisy to use during the night. We were offered another room in the old wing but this did not even have a balcony, and so decided to sweat it out for another 2 days until another room in the new wing was available. Our 3rd room was great - nice room with lovely cool A/C, we were in heaven!!
The reception staff were very friendly and helpful and the cleaning girls did an excellent job, however the staff in the breakfast room either did not have a clue about running the place or were just plain lazy.
It was very rarely busy, sometimes we were the only ones there, but we found that the tables had not been set and the waiters seemed happy to let us find crockery for ourselves. The jam situation was really odd - 2 jars on the buffet table, usually with a sticky spoon and sometimes ants having their breakfast jam too - I think there must have been a shortage as some days you had to take your plate over to the service station and have jam measured out to you!!
The only day we had an efficent restaurant service was when some officials vistied, then they couldn't do enough for us.
The roof top has a lovely open air restaurant with great views but we did not eat there, although we did have a few drinks there in the evening.
Ground floor rooms 501 - 506 are the best and once we had finally got the A/C sorted we had a good holiday and even found the breakfast service funny, but needless to say they did not get a tip as we felt, along with other guests, that they really did not give us good service.
Not a bad hotel if you get one of the new rooms. Management need to tighten up on maintenance and breakfast service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine an intimate resort that lets you get away from it all, where you are pampered with only the finest indulgences. Whatever your ideal - a secluded honeymoon, total rejuvenation, a feast of traditional cuisine, incredible entertainment, or simply the lure of our warm Kerala hospitality. Savor nature's beauty at its soothing best... at Kovalam, the internationally acclaimed beach resort on India's exotic south - western coast; the fascinating ‘emerald paradise’ situated very near the capital city of Kerala state. You can have everything here.. dreamy, lazy days, basking in the soothing gentleness of nature, under the shade of swaying palm trees...perhaps a spot of wind surfing, or speedboat racing, or an exhilarating ride on the choppy sea with a traditional fisherman in his catamaran ...even an absolutely relaxing, rejuvenating Ayurvedic massage, using natural herbal oils.... reach out to a never before, total holiday experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Swagath Holiday Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swagath Holiday Hotel Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Swagath Holiday Resorts Kovalam, Kerala
- Best Western Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) Best Western