UK tourists: We stayed here in March 2013. We had two rooms with only three people in total. Each night we were kept awake by Indian families next door where they had half a dozen people staying, for the same price. The location of the hotel is first class and we loved the beach and area. The rooms were lovely. However, being British we found the temperature at lunch time and dinner time to be absolutely unbearable. We were dripping in sweat and it was very unpleasant. I can't eat spicy foods and they kindy allowed me to eat at the beach reseaurnat (less curry) but not the rest of my family. Not that helpful! By the second day we had nicknamed the hotel Faulty Towers due to the service which was so abysmal you could only laugh. Drinks would take 30 minutes to arrive and then be wrong anyway (in a hotel in this price range, waiters should know the difference between a pot of tea and coffee- they don't). The service was so bad it ruined our holiday but it didn't seem to bother anyone but us, and neither did the heat during meal times. The only place to eat that was chilled was the restaurant, but the noise in this place from families often 20+ was insane and we walked out a few times, missing breakfast. All in all, the hotel is beautiful and some aspects we loved (pool, beach, views). However, I have to be honest and say the hotel is aimed at wealthy Indian families rather than foreign tourists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Leela Raviz Kovalam - Indulgence is an art you will perfect at The Leela Raviz Kovalam while staying in any of our 183 rooms and suites. With a seamless blend of modern technology and traditional grandeur, the soothing décor of each room whispers warm aesthetics. Each room opens out to a breath-taking view of either the ocean or garden. All rooms are provided with luxury amenities to cater to discerning tastes. Unwind with exquisite facilities like an HD LCD television and a broadband connection for hi-speed internet. The Club rooms offer valet services, a gourmet corner with a fine selection of spirits, softdrinks and snacks and have luxurious bathrooms with a walk-in shower and a private infinity pool. Awake to auburn sunrises in the horizon or soak in the sun under azure skies at the infinity pools. Get a taste of the vacation of your dreams at The Leela Raviz Kovalam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Leela Kovalam Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Leela Kovalam Beach Hotel Kovalam
- The Leela Kempinski Hotel Kovalam
- Hotel Leela Trivandrum
- The Leela Kovalam Beach Kerala