“For a perfect weekend”

Niraamaya Retreats Surya Samudra
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Kovalam
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Want a break from the busy hectic life?? Niraamaya is the place for you. Its beautiful,serene,cool. The breeze itself is rejuvenating. One of the best sea facing resorts. And rooms are just so neat and cozy. I would recommend the Heritage Classic room. The staffs are cordial and warm. Food is something I would suggest could be better.

Room Tip: Go for Heritage Classic room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had the privilege of visiting this property with my partner for work. My only regret is not having been able to spend more time here. The staff was wonderful- they took great care of us. Special mention to the Chef at cafe Samsaara as well as Anitha who helped us out with tours, sightseeing and our room requests.

I visited The Leela at Kovalam but I have to admit that the Niraamaya Resorts were clear winners with their impeccable service, friendly staff, breathtaking views and amazing food. Cafe Samsara is a cute all day dining restaurant managed by a wonderful team and an incredibly talented chef. We tried all the local kerala dishes during the duration of our stay and loved the focus on local, seasonal, organic and free range food. They use a lot of healthy ingredients
and stay away from added flavouring, colouring, salt and processed foods.

I can't believe I'm leaving this gorgeous property. Will be making a trip to Niraamaya again very very soon.

Thank you for showing us such a good time! We will remember this experience for a long time to come.

P.S- I'm still salivating over the beef with coconut and crab masala. You have to try the Niraamaya special cinnamon coffee with jaggery. You can thank me later:)

Room Tip: Choose the sea facing rooms- they are spectacular. Please eat at Samsaara Cafe we love the thalis an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jia S
Reviewed 28 June 2014

this is a little slice of heaven, amazing food and service. top notch management ! way better than leela and much better location .
please eat the thali and the stir fried beef.
the rooms are very comfy and the spa is exceptional

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aviraj S
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My stay at Niraamaya Retreat (NR) was comfortable, pleasant and enjoyable. The staff were very helpful and courteous. NR is a highly successful venture where leisure and professional service meet. The intricate pathways, the semi forest like surroundings, the chirping of birds, the brisk sea breeze and the waves thudding on to the rocks are some of the memories I will take back with me. The private beach is really nice unlike the kovalam beach which seems to have fallen prey to commercialization. The restaurant served a variety of food all of high quality and has a very gracious staff ever willing to tender their service. The buggy or the wagon was a thrill for my son and of comfort to my mother. The tourist car service was also comfortable as we were able to visit many places in and around kovalam. A word of appreciation for Satheesh who made our trips very enjoyable. Two things that I feel can be improved. One, the lighting system at night is far too dim and the administration can probably make arrangements for more low level lights to illuminate the pathways better. Two, the wifi was not working properly. I was carrying a mobile and could not get any sort of connection. I guess a 24 hour computer engineer can be hired to address such problems. Though it is written that a doctor is on a 24 hour notice but that must be assured. I wish the NR and its staff the very best of luck for the future.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quitter....
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 June 2014

What a perfect break with my wife. The Resort is definitely five stars, the service, the maintenance, the staff, the environment, and the food. The reception staff was excellent, from the time we arrived (4 am), until we left. Organizing tours and my return flight booking, which I scheduled for the wrong day!
We found the restaurant service, the presentation, the quality and taste of the food perfect; accommodating local dishes to the foreign palate well, with plenty of variety. The accent on healthy choices without fanaticism was appreciated.
The room service was top notch with whimsical towel sculptures on the bed, and flowers placed here and there as well as the turn down service. All the rooms have exhilarating views, and are comfortable. In addition the traditional architecture, the outdoor bath and shower, the waves pounding in the back ground, all made the stay unique, pleasant, relaxing, a true retreat.
I cannot adequately express here how relaxed these 12 days were. Thank you to all the Niraamaya Retreat staff. We will make an effort to return.
Note: when booking a room, check all the rooms available. The Heritage Premium Rooms are all different. The Polygon was perfect for us.

Room Tip: Recommend the Polygon Room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My partner and I stayed at Niraamaya for 7 nights and we totally fell in love with it.

We had initially booked the garden room and half way through our trip we were upgraded to the beach front room. You can really hear the sounds of the waves crashing when the tide is in...it's very surreal.

The hotel has it's own private beach so it's great for a lovely sunset walk.

The pool is amazing...at first it looked green as it's all natural but once you're in you don't feel like getting out.

The food was excellent and it was great to try different cuisines each day as the chef would personally make something different for us. Within a few days the waiters knew us and it felt like such a personal service.

We miss it so much and keep hoping we have a chance to go back!

Room Tip: If you like the sound of the ocean book the ocean view room as its very loud at night....if you pref...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kumi9
Reviewed 26 June 2014

we stayed at Niraamaya in the month of April to celebrate our wedding anniversary. needless to say we enjoyed every bit of it. Amazing ambience, great food, excellent service... all in all we had an awesome experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family