“An unforgettable experience!”

Niraamaya Retreats Surya Samudra
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Kovalam
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I visited Niraamaya Retreats recently and the experience was par excellence. The beautifully maintained reception area, fragrant and calming was ready to welcome us with the cheerful staff. Our sea view cottages nestled between coconut trees were exquisite and comfortably furnished. The surroundings were absolutely clean and pleasantly green and the sound of sea waves crashing on the shore made it all the more relaxing. The Samsara cafe served us a delicious variety of vegetarian food and the chef, Prakash, was kind enough to treat us with his specialties. The waiting staff at the restaurant were ever cheerful and smiling, and delivered great service. Their spa had a pure ambiance and the service was soothing to the senses. The reception staff, the housekeeping and maintenance staff were very cooperative, prompt at their service and looked after even the smallest of our needs. I'd like to specially thank Aswathy, of the reception staff, for looking after us and religiously lighting the oil lamp at the door of our cottage every evening, as per our request. The location of the resort is superb, and the grounds are lush and green. The beach is absolutely clean, guarded and a better sight than the public beaches of Kovalam. This resort is strongly recommended for nature loving tourists, and for those who wish to have a truly blissful and peaceful vacation. I really wish to visit again with my family in the future.

Room Tip: There are garden view rooms, and sea view rooms all of which have a great view. But if you're lo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

First, I have to say, we had a wonderful fun-filled trip to Niraamaya Retreats and we will definitely be back! ... The ocean is right at your door step to enjoy and the view from the restaurant deck amazing !

The staff were exceptionally friendly and accommodating and made every effort to go out of their way to make our trip comfortable and pleasant. Our room was kept immaculate, exceptionally clean and well organized. The food was uniformly very good in my opinion. Everyone in the group agreed it was outstanding food. Chef Prakash cooked the best breakfast we have had away from home. I enjoyed the appam-stew, sambhar, the best. I personally want to thank Manu and Rajeesh, who made our trip memorable. They were so attentive and kind. We had non stop attention both day and night, with great service and lots of smiles. It was certainly a birthday to remember for my brother-in-law !! Thank you team Niraamaya !

AJIT NAMBIAR

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My friend and I spent two nights and days at this fabulous resort and had the best time ever. The location is simply stunning - the grounds are superbly maintained and every path you go down there is something fascinating to see, whether it is view of the Arabian sea or the huge statue of a reclining Ganeesh or elephants and lions - very Balinese in decor and style. Best of all however, were the staff. What a joy to be greeted with such warmth everyday! The treatments at the Spa were heavenly and the staff went out of their way to organize yoga classes and even an Astrologer for us - we were initially unsure, but he turned out to be a really wise man whose words of wisdom still linger with us. The food was divine and the staff at both restaurants were really sweet and attentive. Our room was lovely, thanks to the upgrade they so kindly gave us. I felt so at home and would go back any day! I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: the Pentagon room is fabulous - great views of the sea and gardens. Really quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nadine K
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This place is amazing. Having stayed all over the world in Oz, Usa, Europe and SE Asia, this is the best.

It has a wow factor. Yes the location is magical, but the staff seem be genuinely enjoy their work, and this creates a nice ambiance. They are also exceptinally efficent and accomodating without encroaching on your private space - something that many places need to learn about in India.

I would happily come back here.

Room Tip: Place has only 32 rooms but there is only one Octagon Room -Just incredible to wake up to the roarin...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We spent a weekend at the Nirmaaya retreat in July which turned into one of our most memorable trips ever. The breath-taking cliff top location above the beach, the impeccably detailed rooms (which includes some all-wood cottages with out-door baths), the fabulous food and service and the available relaxing and rejuvenating spa treatments combine to create a Kerala experience that just cannot be beat.

If you can visit only one place in Kerala this is it.

Room Tip: Ask for the all-wood cottages, each cottage is one of a kind.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jawad A
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is my second visit to Niraamaya after a span of nearly 4 years, and believe me this place has only improved over these 4 years. The peace and tranquility that I experienced here 4 years back continued to today too. From a traditional reception to warmth of their hospitality to the cosiness of the rooms continued to enhance my happy experience during my stay here. What is truly great is the family like atmosphere of the staff, who have been retained these 4 years, still remember some of my specific choices, making it seamless. I strongly recommend this place for all those who would like to unwind themselves to come here and spend a few blissful days. I had the opportunity to stay at the Octagon, one of the best room that I have ever stayed in my life. Three large French windows open out to greet the sea and one can enjoy the perfect sunset just lazing in the room.

Room Tip: Try to book any of the many sea facing rooms. If you wish to have a quiet room, then you can opt fo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vramb
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We booked as a couple the Niraamaya 7 days Experience Package, which involves a stay in both resorts. We had full board menu with very tasty food and a chef who fulfilled us any wish besides the regular menu, a charming personal assistance and a gentle driver who brought us to interesting local sights, like the fish market and the Padmanabhaswamy Temple. We could learn a lot about the Kerala culture. The staff was enormously friendly and really interested in making our stay as comfortable as possible. In the Kovalam resort there are two adjoining beautiful beaches, a small infinity pool, a beautiful spa area, two restaurants with sea view and the property is full of hundreds of palm trees. Coconuts and most of the vegetables and fruits come from the garden. Fresh coconut water und fruit juices sweetened our days. We enjoyed three traditional Ayurvedic massages which were also included in the package and got some advice from an traditional Indian astrologist. We also had two private yoga sessions included in the package. Our days in the resort in Kovalam are going to be over, tomorrow we will head to the other resort Cardomon Club in Thekkady, which is a villa surrounded by spice plantations. We really are looking forward to some trekking in the wildlife sanctuary Periyar, elephant riding and river rafting. We want to thank the whole staff from Niraamaya who made us feel so highly welcome so far from home!
I know this sounds like a marketing text but I really want to recommend this lovely place :-)

Room Tip: all rooms are great, even the rock garden rooms are spacious and have a nice design. the wooden kera...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple