“Excellent place for calm and quite holiday.”
Review of Golden Sands

Golden Sands
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Kovalam
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I’m a frequent traveler, and when ever I visit kovalam my place to stay is at golden sands I feel like I’m at my own home and this is really a home away from home. It is really worth for the money you spend , they provide wonderful services. I could see lot of satisfied customer and happy face there. They have really specious rooms and the room service are really good compare to other indian standard hotels. If you request you can rent a satellite television and a small refrigerator for a reasonable amount of money and if you are booking a superior room then all included. I never see such a clean pool in my life anywhere. I could see they clean the pool everyday and keep it very well. They have a wonderful garden and it so good compare to all other hotels near by. Staffs are very friendly and ready to extend their help at anytime even at late nights, the first person I could easily remember is Mr. Saji ,Oh this man is super and the manager Mr. Pradeep, we can learn lot things from these two people. Always they have a smiling face and they talk to all most all the guests and making sure that they enjoy their stay.

Next thing is the food, oh my god my mouth is watering just by remembering about the food I had. I had experienced a wonderful time and I’m really looking forward to stay there on my next visit. Very calm and quite place, this place is ideal for all except some physically challenged and very old people. Need to walk not more than 2 to 3 minute.

And there are people coming and unnecessarily making troubles not only for the staff and management for other guests as well. They behave as same as how they are behaving at their home. Such kind people should keep in their mind that this is a budget hotel and they won’t get the luxurious which a five star hotel offering. And don’t blame the management and staff for others mistake.

Ramsamblr . I’m completely disagreeing with your comments, who said they don’t have a car parking? They have covered private parking and it is just 2 min walkable from the hotel and they have 24hrs running hot water. The management or the staff can’t do anything if there is no sunshine (you should complain to the god for a bad weather ;-)). I was reading all the comments from other people and I’m shocked why there is a comment like this. I feel this is very personal and you commented it just for your personal sake of saying. None of the hotels provide mosquito repellents in free of cost. Dude if you want a luxurious place then please chose a five star hotel next time and please tell them not accommodate any other guests/kids till you vacate (ha ha ha are you kidding) dude in Bangalore if you go to a normal restaurant you need to wait for more than 1 hour time, why don’t you complain about that and there in Bangalore also mosquitos, why don’t you complaint about that to corporation. Please don’t take this personal.

I recommend this hotel very well if you are looking for a nice budget hotel for a peace full vacation. And this is not a best place for those who really want to complaint on each and everything and want to do it intentionally. Not only this place none of the places in this world is not a best place for them, please be at home :-)

Those who wish to visit kovalam and looking forward to have a stay at this hotel, please go through the entire feedback and decide by you. Please don’t go with one persons comment.

Room Tip: All are good rooms,but i like the top floor rooms.specially pool facing
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sam_jhons
There are newer reviews for Golden Sands

Reviewed 25 October 2013

"A home away from home" is what I felt when I spend my Pooja Holidays with my wife and my 2 kids at 'Golden Sands Beach Resort'.
Its true that we had to walk a bit from road and beach,but it gave a different experience as it was full of greenery and no vehicles to pollute the air.It was a resort with calmness.
When we arrived at Golden Sands we had a warm welcome from the service boys. The hotel is an excelent choice for families. The rooms are spacious and - by indian standards - clean.
My Kids had made the rooms dirty,the cleaning ladies had cleaned the room without any hesitation.
The Pool is clean,which is an important factor when we move in with kids.
Regarding foods,I had ordered for some seafoods.Normally we see in the restaurants that the take the stuff from the refrigerator to make the service.But to my surprise I saw the guys moving out to the nearby market to get the fresh fishes to prepare the dishes,for which i can understand the orders may take some time.

Hence I totally disagree to this quoted review of Golden Sands by ramsamblr.

Room Tip: there are rooms with pool view as well as greenary
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

There is NO approach road to this hotel, 3ft walk way next to 4ft deep open drianage, dogs and drunken people is dangerous with kids, ladies and elders.
Reception guy was very un-polite and kept arguing that my booking which was changed from non AC to AC And have confirmation emails from both makemytrip and hotel is not changed and it is my fault that I booked hotel from makemytrip instead of thier website. Calling makemytrip support did not help, and the customer support person prpmmised me to call back with other hotel options did not call back.
There is no car parking in this hotel, you havecto drop the car in neighborhood place which in not guarded.
Room doesn't have hot water, staff kept lying tthat the hot water will come waste few buckets . I tried in multiple rooms non of them have hot water.
No telephone in the room unless you specifically ask for it. No one at front desk even if you walk down the stairs.
No toilet door bolt to lock it from inside., it was pretty embarrassing situation when kids open door not realizing that some one is inside the bath room. Mascqittos were very big and looks dangerous. And again no mosquito repellent unless you ask.

This hotel Rented it to 50 school kids, who kept knocking at the door throughout the night, could not sleep peacefully. Driving next day without good night sleep was terrible.

Food service was very late, took 1 hour to get it , waiting in restaurant with Mascqittos biting was very unpleasant. Even the curd rice tastes soar with two days old curd.
Finally after getting AC room for second day, realized that the AC temperature control does not work.
This hotel stay was a nightmare for my family and spoiled my holiday.
I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank ramsamblr
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at Golden Sands for about a week in january 2013 with my wife and baby (10 months).

The hotel is an excelent choice for families. The rooms are spacious and - by indian standards - clean. The decoration of the rooms is pretty odd, and pålain white sheets would be a big improvement from the floral patterns and Mickey Mouse sheets that they mix. But these are small details.

The pool is clean and nice, which is a big advantage when you are travelling with small kids. Hard to find elsewhere in Kovalam for the same price!

Food is decent, but service takes a long time.

The infamous walk from the beach is just a few minutes. We had no problem to walk with a stroller, even though there are a few steps at some places. Don't let that scare you - the location is good.

We will probably go back next year.

Room Tip: There is no lift, so a room on the top floors is not to be recommended if you find it hard to climb...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The location is not at all good. Its almost you had to trek to get there. Will take at-least 5-10 minutes to get to beach. Also your car can't go at the hotel so shifting luggage is a problem. The hotel rooms are not that good. They are big but cleanliness is an issue. Pool is fine. however what stands out is the food. For vegetarians I strongly recommend have all your meals here. Food is very good. Plus the management is good and hospitable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

A great place to stay at kovalam away from all disturbances. Nice management, staff and super location, but the location is not advisable for very old and physically challenged peoples as they have to walk a bit to reach the hotel. But when you reach there it is an awesome place fell like heaven..

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sam_jhons
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Back to kovalam again for a short vacation and stayed at goldensands. Awesome !!!

The management is doing a good work to keep up the beauty. Wow !!

Didn't feel that I came to this place last time all together a new feeling.
Thank you very much for the warm welcom

• Stayed: March 2013