Jeevan Beach Resort
Golden Sands(Kovalam)
Patrick Villa(Kovalam)
  • Room Service
  • Beachfront
All reviewsde la merlighthouse beachsea viewnice roomlight housepleasant staypool sidecleanersdecmrdoctor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I traveled to Kovalam along with my family on 31st January till 2nd Feb 2014. I had booked the Wooden Suit for 2 days via agoda.com.

But when i reached there , the receptionist mentioned that the room is not available.When i questioned the hotel manager Mahesh, how this could be possible as I booked it well advance of my journey, he informed me that the room is available but the A/C not working and told me that he will upgrade to Private room with a terrace view.
But to my horror , the room was on 3rd floor without any lift , and even the stairs were very narrow. Without having a choice, I opted the the room.
The A/C in the hall didn't work at all . There was power failure on second day. Even there was no running water. I had to call the reception multiple time for the same. They took almost a day to fix that even tough i informed them in the morning .
The boys working there was rude . I had to call hotel manager Mahesh for the same.

Breakfast was even more horrible. Dirty plates . They were serving coffee in cracked cups.

Only good thing was the location. It is right in-front of the beach with a very nice view.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Washimz
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Jeevan Beach Resort - Kovalam

I had visited Kovalam and Kanyakumari form 23rd January to 25th January with my wife . My tour operator had made arrangements for our stay at Jeevan Beach Resort for 2 nights. I travelled from Bangalore to Kochuveli by Kochuveli express (16315) and reached there in the morning of 23rd. and drove down to the resort. To our surprise we were told that car cannot go to the resort and we had to walk a good 20 minutes to reach the resort. Since the tour operator (Kerala Holidays) had not sent the booking voucher there was quite a problem in checking in. Ultimately after talking to our tour operator a room was given.
We walked into our room which was having a stale smell but we had no option but to quietly settle down so that our planned programmes were not disturbed. The beds were so small with torn bed sheets and uncomfortable. The bathroom with leaky taps and not so clean bath tub made us regret having checked into this resort. There was mini fridge in the room which had fungus all over and was quite repulsive. One good thing was we could have a view of the beautiful sea. After freshening up we went for lunch in the restaurant and ordered food. The food served was of very average quality considering the price charged.
After our sightseeing we returned in the evening and ordered for coffee and tea only to be told that it was not available. The resort serves coffee / tea only from 8.30am to 11am and later only wine/beer/juice and soft drinks are served which was frustrating. We went out to another resort nearby for coffee and returned to the room. Though there is a TV in the room most of the channels were only Malayalam and you have no choice. For night dinner we could manage a table where we could sit and watch the rolling sea which was nice. The service is so slow and no serving manners followed by servers , dishes were served without plates and we had to inhale a lot of passive smoke and since we did not want to go out we were forced this upon us. The next day breakfast we had in the resort which did not have much choice.
If one is choosing this resort one should be prepared to forgo the morning cup of coffee/tea and also the pleasure of reading newspaper. The restaurant becomes live only by 8.30 and nothing is available to eat or drink till that time.
The lobby/ reception area has sweat stained sofas since the staff sleep on them which made us reluctant to sit on them. Most of the staff appears to be not trained for service at resort/hotel.
Except for the sea view, Free Wi-Fi we did not find anything good about this resort. I can hardly recommend this resort to any of my friends planning to visit Kovalam.

Room Tip: If you like sea side resort and not particular about comfort levels this resort might suit.Please do check out my personal review on the resort before deciding.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Govindan60
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My family and I have just got back from four nights at Jeevan Beach Resort. The rooms were a good size and they were clean which is good. My reservations lie more with the staff behind the desk, who I felt could have been more helpful. The young lads who take the suitcases etc could not have been nicer and were always jolly. Also the price had been increased considerably for the high season which made value for money very poor. My daughter was staying for £12 per night per room in the autumn, and I think we were charged something like £60!!

The swimming pool was bright green and there was no way any of us were going near it. It didn't matter because the sea is just yards away and beautifully warm although quite rough which we loved, but be careful with small children.

The breakfast was really terrible, I'm sorry, but I have not a good thing to say about it. The cups were filthy, the glasses if you could find one had just been rinsed under the tap and no dried. The plates were dirty. The toast was like warm bread and the only addition to that was hard boiled eggs - every day!!

We had a good time in Kovalam, and would go back, but I'm afraid I'd look for somewhere else to stay next time.

I'm sorry Jeevan, but with a very little bit of effort, I think you could improve things immensely.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank clare p
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Jeevan Beach Resort is located at the sea feet and offers you a pleasant view of the sea. The reosrt rooms are big enough and spacious with big bathrooms. The hospitality by Mahesh is something that one would appreciate.
However, there are some things that may disappoint you whilst your stay at the resort. The ACs do not work properly. Bathrooms are not 'very clean'. I found it a bit overpriced when I compared the services to its rate.
Restaurant serves good food but the complimentary breakfast had the same menu on both the days.

Room Tip: i actually would not whole heartedly recommend anyone to stay here
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Swati M
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I had a great experience at Jeevan resort, The view is great and Silva and Mahesh and the whole team were always pending of all our requests and recommended us places where we could go and the nominal prices so we may not be cheated. The hotel is clean which is a very important thing for us. Thank you for the great experience. Having the chance of going there again I'd stay at the same place.
Rodolfo Hidalgo Zumbado from Costa Rica