“Great example of the VFM if you stay away from...”
other travellers have booked this property
Road view Bed room
Dosa,Chutney & Sambar
Puttu & Chick Peas
Appam & Egg Curry
Bread, Toast, Butter, Jam,Omlet & Black Tea
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Steven__B...
London, United Kingdom
“Great example of the VFM if you stay away from the beach.”
Reviewed 31 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018
people found this review helpful

If I could only judge on rooms alone, this place would get 5 stars, the photos don't do the place justice, very well (purpose) built, 100% effective protection from mozzies, very comfy mattress, plenty of storage, clean bedding/towels every couple of days, air con and fans both work very well, very clean, shower works well, plenty of (solar) hot water, plenty of sockets, and my personal favourite, loads of switches, as always in India, you think you finally know what every switch is for, then you forget again, always fun.

Here's a challenge, take the room charge, double it, now have a look on trip advisor and see what you get close to the beach for that money, if you can get a room half the size (& build quality) of a Little Paradise apartment for double the money, then you've done very well, I can say this because I was happy to go to £70 a night, but couldn't find anything that excited me, Little Paradise seemed too good to be true, but I researched many of the reviewers and took a chance (my Wife is so difficult to please, and our last villa was a super luxury Bali honeymoon villa at £250 a night)

Now, I mentioned only judging the room, that's because everything else is a bonus, everything people say about Joseph is true, he's super helpful in every way, today he got us a taxi for 6 hours of running around, cost Rs1800, try asking a taxi driver at the beach for a price just to take you to Trivandrum and you'll see what a great price this is, 2 days ago he got us a (Uber or some other app) taxi to Trivandrum for Rs300, he gives great advice regarding eating & shopping (in Trivandrum as well as Kovalam), and he is a fascinating man who'll give even experienced travellers a run for their money, as him about Jaipur and surrounding areas.

His wife and daughter are nice and do amazing breakfasts, personally, I'd like a bit more chilli in mine, but I'm a chilli nut, my wife adored the (real Keralan) breakfasts, a real surprise as she's normally reluctant to eat anything she doesn't know how to cook herself.

Any negatives......at this price, no, but if I had to advise....

WiFi works very well in sitting room/kitchen, but not in bedroom (not a problem)

Little 1 inch step to/from bathroom, needs a piece of wood attached to prevent injury, but Joseph has already said he'll do this.

TV works well, but even if volume reduced to 1, there's a really loud tune plays when TV turned off, there's nothing Joseph can do, but just remember to turn TV volume to 0 before turning off.

Make sure you try Curry Leaf restaurant, it's a nice quiet walk down to a lovely little beach. (ask Joseph)

If I had to describe Little Paradise in one word......underpriced.

A final word for another amazing experience with an Ayurvedic doctor (Joseph can contact him), 2 days before we flew to Trivandrum my wife slipped, fell heavily and hit her back on a sharp marble step, fortunately nothing was broken, but the pain and discomfort was awful, we only decided to still go on holiday when I upgraded to business class so she could lay down for most of the journey, when we met Joseph he told us about this doctor, and I have to say, although many friends have told me how good they are, neither my wife or I were believers in this type of thing, but, we had nothing to lose, so went for it, the man was amazing, to this day my wife can't remember most of what he done, but she walked out of that room with a straight back, could put on her own shoes, could lay on both sides, and walking was so much easier, of corse there was still some pain, she had a lot of bruising from the fall, but whatever he done, she'd still feeling the benefits 4 days later, and the cost, Rs1500, about £16, very highly recommended.

25 Apr 2018
Thank You dear Gill and Steve for such a gorgeous review of Little Paradise Homestay. We are so much encouraged and really feel extremely satisfied of our work when we get such excellent reviews.. You have very highly motivated us to serve everyone coming here better than the best.Yes me and my wife take our work as a commitment to provide the best vacation and the the best service to the optimum level to every guests who stay here. So we have always good bookings and good clients. Large number of them are back and sent their friends here for vacation.From last October till this day we have optimum bookings and all our guests were happy. They come here as mere guests but go back as our close friends We have good drivers, excellent doctors. suggest good quality shops for any purchases, goo contacts boat owners of backwater trip and such other and can provide trips at moderate prices.We try to provide the best advice to all our guests to make their vacation enjoyable, pleasant, meaningful and within the means.Yes I agree that Little Paradise is ....under priced. Many have told us the same. But for the time being we are not increasing the prices because we want to reach as many guests as possible. We have everything used here are of high quality such as service, furniture, equipment, beds and such other similar to a five star hotel but with very personal care in a homely atmosphere. Yes our rooms are very spacious and you have a private kitchen and a hall as a bonus.Thank you for your nice words. You are welcome
Davidos G
“Mr”
Reviewed 23 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

Fantastic hospitality here, Joseph is a great guy and so welcoming. He has saved us money on various trips and given us great recommendations for place's to eat and things to see and do, he is so focused on making sure that our stay is remembered, I will definitely return on my next visit to kerala, the accommodation is so quiet, clean and peaceful, and only a 5-10 minute walk to the beach. Enjoyed every minute of the stay. Thanks so much Joseph, there is no wonder you keep a proud 5 star review. Dave

23 Jan 2018
Thank you Dave for your great review of Little Paradise Homestay. Yes we are empathetic towards our guests and every guest is our family. We do everything possible to make sure your vacation is great, enjoyable, pleasant, meaningful and less expensive and worth the money you spend. Thank you and very happy to know that you are coming in July for Ayurveda and rejuvenation. You are most welcome.
Yulia T
“Little Paradise for our family”
Reviewed 5 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Thank so mush Joseph and his family for our staying in Kovalam beach! It was great! We have a beautiful room with kitchen, very clean and very modern. Joseph could decide any questions , he is very helpful. We are happy to spend this time at Little Paradise!

7 Jan 2018
Thank you Yulia for your great review of Little Paradise Homestay.Yes we provide very clean rooms with the necessary facilities for a great vacation. You are most welcome again. Thank Thank you
emma_nair...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The name says it all as it is a Little Paradise”
Reviewed 1 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

I have just spent the most amazing 13 days at Little Paradise. Joseph and his family are so welcoming and make you feel part of their own family. I have never met anyone as kind as Joseph. He will help you with anything! The work he does here and in Kovalam is truly outstanding! The apartments are spacious and well equipped with fridge, kitchen, dining area, balcony, spacious bedroom and it also has hot running water, comfy king size beds, AC and the breakfasts are delicious!!! Fresh fruit everyday! and keralan breakfast but they will cater to your taste. I would highly recommend this place to stay and I will definitely be back as you don't get this experience anywhere else!!! Many thanks to Joseph and his family for having us over Christmas and New year. Memories I will treasure forever

4 Jan 2018
Thank you Emma for your gorgeous review of Little Paradise Homestay and your nice words about us. We are really humbled by you and are motivated to serve better than the best and living fully as per our motto. Yes most of our guests comes back again. You too are welcome. We provide everything possible to make sure your vacation is, challenging,pp pleasant and enjoyable and most relaxing. We were proud to have you our Christmas and New year family. Thank you
harvinder...
“A memorable stay”
Reviewed 22 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Very nice stay at little paradise. The rooms were spacious and clean. The apartment has a small kitchen . The owner and the host of little paradise, Mr Joseph was very kind and always ready to help. He guides the guest about the tourist destinations and ensures a very relaxing stay

24 Dec 2017
Thank you Havinder for your excellent review of Little Paradise Homestay. We really enjoyed your presence at Little Paradise Homestay. We did everything possible because you deserve a great vacation. You are welcome again.
Jan D
Izegem, Belgium
“Little peaceful paradise in the middle of Touristy Kovalam”
Reviewed 1 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017

We arrived at Joseph's Little Paradise during the middle of a cyclone causing lots of rain, which isn't ideal for a beach destination like Kovalam. Nevertheless, Joseph made sure that we had all possible comfort and all possible means to relax. He also arranged a great tour for us through Trivandum with a great and responsible driver.

If the weather is good (which is the case way more often than not) than this place is also ideal for some relaxing beach holiday as it's only 500m away from the beach, entertainment and some nice restaurants.

Joseph is an interesting personality that knows a lot of people in the neighborhood and loves to help out with planning activities and follow-up steps for you travel.

Your age range 18-24
3 Dec 2017
Thank you Jan for your great and authentic review of Little Paradise. Yes we try to do everything possible to make sure that you have a pleasant and great vacation here. It's our duty to act positively overcoming all possible hurdles. Yes we are problem conscious and solution minded in our approach. Jan, you and your mom were great guests. Your sister is also welcome. Thank you
Marnieyog...
“Welcoming host & most enjoyable stay 😊”
Reviewed 11 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

We stayed at Joseph’s house for 3 nights, Joseph is a helpful host who is willing to assist with advice, taxi bookings & everything else you may need support with during your stay in Kovalam. Little Paradise is a 30 min drive away from the airport @ around 700 rupees in a pre booked taxi, organised by Joseph. His house is clean & tidy, everything you need is to hand & the location is perfect, 50 rupees to the lighthouse beach in a “tuc tuc “ or a short 10 mins walk away. I felt safe & relaxed at Joseph’s Little Paradise & I will recommend his home as a good value homestay to others.

12 Nov 2017
Thank you Marnie for your great review of Little Paradise Homestay. Yes our place is very safe and so you can have a relaxing stay here. We do everything possible to make your vacation pleasant and enjoyable. You too were excellent guests and so it was so pleasant to be at your service. You are welcome again. Thank you
Joseph
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;