Booked the hotel through Makemytrip.com and had no hassles in checking-in. Stayed in the garden-view room and didn't have any glaringly bad experience.
1. Vicinity to the beach: They have a back entry connecting to the Light House beach, which we found pretty convenient (walk right out of the sea into your hotel room for shower!)
2. Co-operative staff: Any room service we called for was attended to promptly. No complaints there.
3. Cleanliness: Rooms were clean, towels were changed daily, housekeeping was good.
4. Amenities: Both adult & kid swimming pools were well-maintained and clean. A/C in the room was functioning.
1. In-house dining: On the menu the prices are same as any beach side restaurant, but the final bill gets taxes, service charges etc added on to it, which makes the dining quite expensive. We just had one lunch and found the food little bland. We has b'fast included in our plan. B'fast was good enough. Much better options of eating are the beach-side restaurants.
2. Confusion over check-out timings: Our makemytrip voucher mentioned check-out at 12 pm, but hotel insisted that it is @ 11 am, which created some confusions.
3. Bleach-smell: The 2nd day of our stay, housekeeping staff cleaned up all the stairs, and common areas near the garden using some horrible smelling bleach and the corridors continued to smell awful for rest of our stay!
4. Ayurveda packages: The spa/ayurveda packages they offer at the hotel are unreasonably expensive, and you'll get much better options in terms of facilities & prices outside.
Wouldn't mind staying here again, but I do feel that rates & tariff are over-priced.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Sagara Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sagara Beach Hotel Kovalam
- Sagara Beach Resort Kovalam, Kerala