“short stay in kediri”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Kediri
Malang, Indonesia
“short stay in kediri”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

i stay in this hotel at december 2013 on a bussiness trip, i stay just for one night.
the hotel location is good, in the center kediri town.
the room is old builded hotel, the light is low and seems spooky for the backyard room. but the bathroom and shower is good. they serve indonesian food for breakfast,
the worst part is Air Conditioner room machine in my room produce loud sounds when i switched it on. i already asked the room staff to fix it but still the sound is noisy,
the other is, this hotel has sky disc discotique that also produce noisy sound until early morning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank issanaya

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Back in Java again and our first selection for a hotel was easy - Hotel Merdeka provided us with a great location - friendly service-and fantastic value for money - will always come back to this hotel- only issue that wifi is not available in most rooms - must use the lobby

Room Tip: room prices cater for all
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathleen B
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel only for one nite when me and my bike clubs event to Selopanggung for the next day. We arrive late nite about 11PM and was quick checking in, but there's no bell boy who help our luggage. That's not big deal even we are light traveller.
This hotel have a clubs beside the lobby, and that was little bit noise. But, the music played not heard from our room in second floor.
The room little bit small and the bath room with shower is renovated. One thing need to improve was the bed, is creaky and the pillow not to comfort. And it's accepted with the price we get, only for USD30 a nite for room only.
The best part for this hotel is we can used facility of Grand Surya Hotel (hotels group), so you can swimming, gymming, sauna, etc. at Grand Surya. Just only 10 minutes walking by.

Room Tip: please request for second floor at the right side.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sugiphang
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I never expected to see a "money-face" hotel management at Merdeka Hotel, without any flexibility & tolerance at the city of Kerdiri. I had a very late check-in at the hotel at 12.45am due to my extreme long driving 10hrs journey, the counter staff had good courtesy when I check-in. Due to my tiredness I woke up late at 9.30am and took breakfast at the ground corner floor coffee house, at the same time to finalize my works with the coffee house wifi since there is no wifi connection inside the room. Unfortunately, I could only finalized my works at 1.30pm so I requested a late check-out at the counter, the lady staff was not friendly to inform that I hv to check-out at 12 noon latest otherwise I would be entitled for surcharge 50%!!!. I tried to explain I was a regular customer normally most hotels extended this tolerance but she refused to accept by saying that was the hotel policy. I was so angry to rush to my room to pack all my belongings to hv immediate check-out and I insisted to see the duty manager but she refused to arrange. I don't like such "money-face" management in such not even a 1 star hotel & yet I noticed the hotel was not fully book. This is not a matter of money I refused to spent but it's absolutely not logical especially for hotel business.

So I better warn all traveller to beware of this tricky trap of Merdeka Hotel Kediri !!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lousy, damn noisy with the disco at ground floor until mid-night hours...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
15 Thank Jackson K

Travellers are raving about these Kediri hotels

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Nice clean hotel with old charm style- Staff are great and food really good- Just around the corner is the Hypermart (Matahari) you can get the best coffee and great selection of stores- All visitor I am sure will enjoy their stay- Great value for money

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathleen B
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3D/2N during a business trip. The reception desk looks gloomy. i was check-in by 11 am, earlier than the actual check-in time.. They gave me, a small glass of cold orange juice as a welcome drink. To get to the room, I had to cross the fish pond by bridges.. That was the nicest part. My room was at the second floor. The interior really looks old, except for the bathroom. The bathroom was so clean, a standard for Surya hotels chain. The bed was also clean. But I've found like 'mold' stains on the floor just below the air con. This hotel has a night club beside it and the musics really disturbed my sleep. If you prefer calm and quite night, I suggest you to stay at Grand Surya Kediri (but more expensive also). The breakfast was standard. They include traditional menu on the breakfast buffet, such as surabi (traditional pancake) and pecel (mixed veggie with tofu, soybean cake, and spicy peanut sauce).
Overall the hotel was nice, except for the night club. I would come back if I had another trip to Kediri and also recommended it (if you don't mind sleep with musics of course)..

Room Tip: They had rooms that facing the fish pond.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank miu85
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Arriving at the Kediri Rail Station in early morning, we simply hired a 'convertible rickshaw' to reach Hotel Merdeka.
The hotel is fairly simple but they have employees with very good manners.
They also have a lovely koi fish pond with waterfalls and a bridge that connects front building (lobby, receptionist, restaurant) with back building (rooms).
So, choose a Deluxe Type room at the 1st floor with fish pond view.
Do not forget to bring a lot of koi food... ;)
Bedrooms (including bathroom) is also quite simple but it's very clean and neatly arranged.
There is not many option for breakfast but everything was tasty and delicious.
The rooms is quite cheap;
Rp500000/night (+-US$54.35) Deluxe Room w/ Breakfast
Rp350000/night (+-US$38.05) Deluxe Room only
And there are still Standard Room with a much cheaper then Deluxe...
So, when I came back to Kediri, I would definitely stay here again :)

To Hotel Owners:
- Please give more pillows at the rooms (two per room is not enough),
- Keep all the original features, or better yet replace your modern room equipment with equipment that does the same function but with an antique-look,
- Can you make a waterways for air conditioning so the room back terrace is not always wet and tarnish,
- How come there's no scrumptious Brotoseno Coffee at your hotel??? :p

Room Tip: Deluxe Room at the 1st floor with fish pond view. 123, 125, 127, 129, 131, 133 (have nice back terr...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends