“Wonderful, exciting and relaxing stay at...”
Avalon II - View across garden from guest suites Avalon II - Pool and garden
Avalon II - Guest suite one view
Avalon II - Guest suite two with pool view
Avalon II - Guest suite two
Avalon II - Guest suite two ensuite
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Lisa T
Melbourne, Australia
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 22 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Not sure about the luxury experience? We arrived from Ubud having stayed in a far more luxurious villa with a 14 metre pool (cheaper) with a very personal butler, chef and staff service. They could not do more for us. They customised the menu each meal and every meal was cooked in our villa. Avalon was dirty when we arrived. The fridge had large milk stains on the shelf. The personal butler and chef never introduced themselves. We ordered dinner. My nasi goreng was almost inedible due to to the extreme amount of chilli... regret leaving our decadent villa in Ubud with such attentive and professional staff... This has not initially been an elite or luxury experience. More like a three star experience!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
6 Jun 2018
Dear Lisa,

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment in your recent stay at Villa Avalon II. The property is part of a villa complex together with Villa Avalon I and Villa Avalon III. As such, the staff is shared across the entire estate and for Avalon II specifically, there is no dedicated staff quarters. Our villa manager has explained upon arrival that the staff will be on standby in the main kitchen but can be easily reached through a phone call from the living room or bedroom. Any of the meals prepared from the main kitchen can easily be customized upon discussion with our staff. We’re sorry if you found the Nasi Goreng too spicy for your tastes, our villa chef confirmed that there was only one chili on the side so our guests can customize the spiciness to their preference. We thank you for your feedback and we’ll do our best to continue improving our services to all future guests.
Australia

Reviewed 10 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Sydney NSW
Reviewed 10 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing