“Wow this place blew me away!”
Review of Pantai Lima Villas

Pantai Lima Villas
Ranked #46 of 304 Speciality Lodging in Canggu
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Our friends had their wedding at Pantai Lima in September 2013, and booked Villa Melissa, Villa Waringin, Villa Sound of the Sea and Villa Mary for 3 nights.
I stayed at Villa Waringin in one of the rooms in the larger front house that faces the pool and beach, and although I normally stay at lower budget places when travelling, staying here was such an amazingly splendorous experience with my friends! Our room had a four poster bed with sheet mosquito netting, a walk-in wardrobe, a big copper bathtub and outdoor balcony shower. The staff service was very comprehensive, and I felt a little over-indulged at times! The food prepared by the staff (after consultation with us about what we wanted) was delicious. When you're in the pool it feels like it extends out onto the ocean, simply breathtaking.
I would recommend staying at any of these villas for a special family or group holiday or event like a birthday or wedding for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Vixdebiscuit

Reviewed 7 September 2013

My family and I spent a wonderful week in Villa Waringin in August 2013. Our stay exceeded our expectations. Villa Waringin is amazingly located. The spot is simply incredible between the rice fields and in front of the sea. The villa is welcoming, well decorated, very charming and perfectly maintained. The indoor and outdoor furniture are both sophisticated and in touch with Balinese tradition. The quality of the food, the experience and kindness of the staff clearly shows the standard of a 5-star hotel. The butler is available 24/7 to recommend outdoor activities and sightseeings (Tanah Lot temple, water rafting, field trips in Ubud, surfing).The spa and the home cinema are two musts of Villa Waringin if you are looking for an entertaining and relaxing stay. I highly recommend Villa Waringin for anyone who wishes to spend an incredible vacation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Thibault M
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We just spent 6 days at this Villa. This would have to have been the best Villa experience we have ever had in Bali.
Property is amazing and staff are more than amazing. They could not have done anything more for us if they tried. I can highly recommend this property and you certainly will not be disappointed. If you are tired of staying in the hectic parts of Bali this is definitely a winner. Cant wait to plan our next trip back

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel T
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We were very diappointed in the run down villa we chose to spend celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary with our teenagers.
The walls were mouldy & paint peeling off the walls. Dirty covers on all couch covers -inside & out - we didnt want to sit on them - the entire villa needed a good clean.The septic smell in our ensuit kept us awake & there were holes in our moissie nets.Three door handles fell off when we first arrived.The toilets were not cleaned the entire time we were there (7 days)We complained about all of these things & although the staff were very friendly, did not seem to be able to fix anything. The spa did not work as well.
We were so looking forward to our stay - But now would definely not recommned this villa to anyone. The other villas in this group may be nicer-
they certainly looked better maintained. I could not find any reviews on Wangarin- maybe this is why.I think they are privately owned & it is up to the owner to keep it up to date.
Position was amazing right on the ocean - as was the pool.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
geoffreyft, Owner at Pantai Lima Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thanks a lot for your review; this situation was unacceptable and I understand your disappointment. I would like to apologize for that. It is an exceptional case, as we have always received very good comments from our previous guests. We are fixing all the issues you have listed in order to deliver again a great service.
I would like to contact you to better understand how we can welcome you again in the villa for a new stay.
Best regards,
Laurent Lautier, owner of Villa Waringin

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Its taken me a while to do this but Ive wanted to write a review of our wedding to provide some helpful insights and recommendations for future destination weddings. Firstly if you are choosing bali because its cheap think again. They have all cottoned on to us expat travellers and the prices i found were the same as Australia in the end but the venue and experience incredible, well worth it. We chose Pantai Lima estate after going to Villa Melissa for a friends wedding a year prior. What we didnt know was it was an estate of 5 houses so perfect for us to rent the lot to house all of our friends and family. We rented 4 of the 5 properties as one was not available and hosted our wedding at Villa Melissa with the ceremony on the lawns of Villa Mary as we had 62 guests and 10 children. What was a little disappointing was the new management of Pantai Lima (Bali On) - they require all villas rented out for a min of 5 days which we did (at a high cost) and then charge for hosting the wedding based on the size which had not linked to cost per head but just a random cost over 50 was deemed a large wedding and therefore was a cost of $4000 management hire, where as under 50 was $2000 - as I just scrapped over I was hit with $4000 which was disappointing and poorly managed by them.

That aside the venue is STUNNING i love villa Melissa so much and choosing Villa Mary for the ceremony venue worked out perfectly.

Some recommendations:

1. Island Events - I used Susan and her team to coordinate absolutely everything for us and they were incredible - even down to prior accommodation, cars for the week, recovering lunch, site seeing for guests - the list is endless. I cannot recommend them enough.

2. Bali Catering - the food was INCREDIBLE! and so reasonable, the cost also includes all the tables and chairs, we even tasted the meal and wines a week before all were awesome.

3. Blooms - flowers were AMAZING, the decorated both villas for us and it looked stunning. I did a simple powerpoint slide of what I liked and on the day was blown away it was better than I could have imagined (see photos).

4. Cake - I used Ixora cakes and opted for one with lots of cupcakes which went down well for desert the next day.

Other tips:

- I got all the guests to bring a bottle of verve, this even lasted the next day and was a great idea.
- I would highly recommend a good photographer - ours wasnt great and think its worth the investment
- we checked in on Friday and hosted a weclcome cocktail party at the W hotel - this was awesome. The wedding was the next day which was good to get it all done and recovery BBQ on the Sunday.
- September - the weather was perfect, not the usual hot sticky bali weather so would recommend this time of the year

Im sure I will think of more to ad. But please ask away if you have any questions. All in all, I would highly recommend Bali and Pantai Lima, the venue is so breathtaking every guest now wants to go back. And having Island events to manage it all for us was so worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank live2travel12
Reviewed 7 May 2013

There are not many bad things, I can say about this place, though it is on the high end side, but it's worth it. The lush grounds and the beautiful seaside settings makes this an ideal place to get away and forget the world. With wonderful staff attending to your every need and all your meals covered and grounds filled with every facility, there really is no need to leave this place.

And you won't want to. The ocean side infinity pool and the multiple cabanas and beach side BBQs are enough to keep you locked in this tucked away complex. Oh and there is a gym and tennis courts.

No matter what, you are guaranteed to have quiet relaxing undisturbed rest in a place like this. Your own joy is fully in your control.

Room Tip: It's bloody hard to find by Taxi, but they have their own cars to take you around town if you ne...