“Good... but value for money?”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Oazia Spa Villas

Oazia Spa Villas
Ranked #85 of 255 Speciality Lodging in Canggu
London
“Good... but value for money?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights recently as part of our honeymoon. I enjoyed the 1 bed villa, but I'd offer some advice as my new Mrs wasn't as impressed.

It's very expensive compared to other accommodation in Bali. We also stayed at the Mulia (Nusa Dua) - very good, Kamandalu (Ubud) - awesome!, Villa Balquisse (jimbaran) - good.

It's not really close to anything so you have to use the driver to take you places. It was a nice surprise when they said they'd take us to Ubud to the next location on our trip :-). They are also really happy to take you and pick you up from Kuta etc. They supply a local phone for you to call them when you want a pick up which was unexpected and really good.

Coming from the Mulia it was a bit of an anti-climax, and what was meant to be a highlight wasn't really as great as we expected. Spa prices where quite high (as we had come to expect) compared to the more local venues. If you really want a villa and are going to spent a lot of time in the villa then this is good but if you are going to explore then you'll be using the driver a lot and won't get value for money.

Basically, it was good, but for 2 days here we paid a similar price for 4 days at Kamadalu in Ubud. No contest.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jfstephe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I were here for a long weekend without the kids to celebrate our birthdays and wedding anniversary. This was our first trip ever without the kids (aged 3 and 5) so we wanted a place that was private, peaceful, free of screaming children and with a good variety of spa treatments on offer. Oazia fit the bill perfectly.

I had booked the Orchid Villa (1br) but was kindly upgraded to Villa Aqua (2 bdr). We only used the downstairs bedroom - I am not sure how much use would one would get out of the second bedroom as the stairs up to it are quite steep and the room itself is hot.

LOCATION .SETTING. VILLA DESIGN.

Positives
-Wonderful and tranquil location at the end of a "gang" but only a short drive to Seminyak or Canggu.
- Beautifully and thoughfully designed (I believe the owner is an ID and this is reflected in her choice of furnishings) in what I would label as "shabby chic European" style which makes a refreshing change to the dark teak often found in many of the traditional Balinese villas.
- Huge, great use of space, bright and breezy (note there is no ac or ceiling fans in the pavilions but we found them to be unnecessary), lovely garden and pool with lots of interesting design pieces.

Not so positive
- Aqua villa is starting to show its age (but not the common parts which were wonderfully maintained), particularly in the master bedroom where there stains on the wall under the ac unit and the wardrobes looked old and smelled musky.
- I personally am not a fan of open air bathrooms but I appreciate that this is Bali and this is part of the attraction for many. The bathroom needed more surface space to put toiletries. Towels on the first days were tattered and had a small hole.
- I found the bed to be very uncomfortable. Not sure why but everytime my husband moved just a fraction the whole bed moved. Neither of us slept well but this could simply be because we are used to our very firm bed at home. So not really a negative.. ?
- Cleanliness of the bedroom could be improved. I noticed marks on the walls (I think lizard droppings), the floor felt a bit sticky under foot and the big one - when we left I opened the bedside tables to check I had not left anything behind only to find six boxes of condoms lying around. Some boxes were opened but thankfully there were no used condoms in the batch! Either these were a welcome gift from Oazia (!) or the bedroom had not been properly cleaned between guests!!!

SPA
Amazing, amazing, amazing. I think this is what Oazia is all about. Hubby and I had a treatment for each day of our stay (so total 6 treatments ) and they were all excellent. Miss Ayu and her colleague were excellent therapists and the spa pavilion itself is just lovely - imagine having a massage with the wind blowing, the river trickling in the background and birds singing. It was really like out of a movie.

FOOD
Breakfast was included but apart from that we didn't eat at Oazia so I can not really comment. Breakfast was simple and good: eggs, fruit and yoghurt. We also had rice paper rolls and zucchini pancakes as a snack one day and they were good. Note there is no meat on the menu at all. this was not an issue for us but meat eaters might be disappointed.

SERVICE
Excellent. From Miss Ayu who handled my reservations swiftly and efficiently (and who is an equally excellent spa therapist) to Ketut the friendly and knowledgable driver to the smiling pool man.... All the OAZIA staff really deserve a mention.

HOW TO IMPROVE?
All in all we had a really enjoyable and relaxing short stay at Oazia but I believe there are a few minor things that could be improved to really elevate Oazia to excellent:
- general cleaning of the bedroom (see my comment above)
-attention to detail (I noticed that the fresh flowers were dying) also it was my hubby's and my birthdays and our anniversary and I mentioned this at the time of booking. Of course, we were not expecting any rose petals on the bed, champagne in the bath etc but in my experience most hotels would bring a small cake or a bottle of wine or something without you having to ask. Not a deal breakerbut, again, it's the little touches (like making sure flowers are fresh) that go a long way.

I would recommend Oazia to spa going couples looking for a peaceful and private break or honeymooners. I do not think Oazia is suitable for families with young children or those with mobility issues because of the layout of the villas and the steps.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank c00kiemonsters
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

What an amazing week myself, my wife and our 4 kids spent in this tropical paradise .
Our luxurious 4 bedroom villa had everything we could dream of and more.
Our youngest 2 boys enjoyed the beautiful pool and my wife and 2 girls became addicted to the sumptuous treatments in Oazias award winning spa.
The staff included our own private chef, housekeeper and chauffeur, all of whom made this the holiday of a lifetime !
We will be back

David

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank davewelsby
Denpasar, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

very nice villa, silence place, with friendly service from the staff, they have very nice spa with river view, really feel like in heaven. free stransport service around seminyak, canggu and kuta area. complimentary a bottle of wine during arrival. i was stay here for 5 days, i really enjoyed my holiday. The place is very clean, the room is fantastic set up, with beautiful garden and big swimming pool.

Room Tip: for family is better take aqua villa, with 2 bed room, up and down stairs
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KetutNik
Denpasar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Unforgetable spot ! From we enter the villas we are wondering how this will look like, as it is located in the end of village road. But soon, we amazed for the beauty of every spot it is designed. After spending some time and through the night, we are realize that the villas has unique atmosphere and the nature river which is flowing in the middle of villa bring more exotic.
All staff gave us excellent service and simplicity during our holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

After traveling for 4 weeks, we ended our vacation at Oazia for a few nights. We were blown away by the beauty of this resort. The minute you arrive onto the grounds, you are transported to a different world filled with peace and harmony. I've never experiences such a relaxing atmosphere before. I've stayed at many 5 star resorts, but this one is the most unique experience and most enjoyable experience I've ever had. We were upgraded to Villa White from Villa Aqua. The breath-taking, chic design was a true Balinese experience. We craved the delicious food after we left the resort, and the fresh juices were amazing. The staff was so calm and caring for you every need that we felt like royalty. Because there are only 3 villas on the property, you are given true service at any moment. Overall, this hotel is such a great value for everything you get - private car service, cell phone, breakfast, and massage treatment! Our personal assistant, Ketut, was so kind and always available to drive us to where we needed. The entire staff made our experience unforgettable, and I was so sad to leave this resort. If only I could live here...

Room Tip: Bring bug spray. Don't be afraid of nature's creatures as you will find them throughout the...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ricci P
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

My partner and I really needed a place where we could leave the world behind. Both executives in stressful jobs, we left all decision making to the most wonderful caring and divine staff. Set in old Bali, down a little street off a bustling local road, Oazia Spa Villas is like a parallel universe. Our 5 night stay wasn't long enough. We ventured out on a couple of day trips but really just wanted a retreat from the world. Spa sessions daily in our own beautiful and expansive villa. We felt like we were a world away. Beautifully and artfully decorated, Villa Aqua just breathes escapism and tranquillity. It took us a few days back at home to snap out of our reverie.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maree S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canggu
Theanna Eco Villa and Spa
Kalapa Boutique Resort and Spa
Villas Canggu
Villas Canggu
#127 of 255 in Canggu

Been to Oazia Spa Villas? Share your experiences!