“We will be back!!! Again and again. ”
Review of Saba Villas

and 1 more site!
Saba Villas
Ranked #11 of 267 Speciality Lodging in Canggu
“We will be back!!! Again and again. ”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This is the 2nd time my fiance and I have stayed at saba and must say the whole experience of this amazing villa has been just as fantastic the 2nd time around. The villas are absolutely beautiful, the bathrooms will blow your mind and the staff are absolutely wonderful!!!

The food was delicious, the gradens were stunning and the private pool was so very relaxing.

This villa is the is the place for you if you are looking for absolute luxury for a great price. If you are going with someone special we highly recommend the romantic dinner option...you will not be disappointed.

I also feel that I must say that I read the 1and only terrible review of this place and while everyone has a right to their opinion I really feel this person has got it so very wrong.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed in Saba Villas for the first time in 2012 with friends. I have been back to Bali on many occasions since then but have stayed in other hotels. On my last trip to Bali I decided to stay at Saba again and without any doubt Saba is the best of the best. What a wonderful relaxing experience. The hotel is just so pleasant to the senses and the staff are just so nice. Thanks Saba

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank budgiespencer
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My partner and another couple stayed in the Nakula Villa for a week for our first visit to Bali. We fall in love with the staff, the food, the villa and with Bali. SABA was an amazing place to stay. Situated close to the fabulous Seminyak shops and only an $4-5 AUD taxi to Kuta. My favourite thing about the villas had to be the outdoor bathrooms and the pools. I cannot recommend SABA highly enough and have already planned another trip. Thank you to all the lovely staff for making Saba an unforgettable stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Nakula Villa which was fantastic but from family that have stayed before they rave...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We have just had 12 nights at Saba and have been thoroughly spoilt rotten. If you need to relax then this is just the place.

I renamed it the "Oasis" as that is just how it feels. From the moment you walk through the doors it just has the most calming atmosphere. We stayed in the Yudhistira Villa (2 bedroom) with our 2 children and we all loved it.

The villa has a beautiful pool, set in a balinese style of garden which is just stunning.

The staff are so professional but friendly at the same time without being intrusive and were there to help the whole time with a smile. They make you feel like you have known them forever.

We ate out a couple of times but all agreed that the food at the Villa is a 10/10. I really do think you can't get better. We tried most things but for us the standout was the Pork Ribs - I seriously think the best we have ever tasted!!!! The Chilli Crab was also amazing, the Chef is an absolute star. The Western breakfasts were also perfect.

Would highly recommend if you need to get pampered and spoilt!!!!!!!!!.

Room Tip: Villas are a complex but are divided and closed off/on by a sliding wall/door, so perfect if you wan...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank angelag195
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is our second time at the Saba Villas and it was even better than our first time. Bagus and his team could not have been friendlier - everything about our stay was exceptional. We were even upgraded on arrival to a larger villa. The villas and grounds were stunning, the service and food top-notch and the location - a 5 to 10 minute taxi from the hubbub of seminyak restaurants and bars perfect (you are close enough to eat out and shop, etc as much as you want with the benefit of being out of town where it is quieter when you just feel like lazing about your private pool and deck).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lismore, Australia
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Bali with friends for a week and we stayed at Villa Saba, it was amazing. The villa was amazing, the staff were excellent, the food was great, the service was A1. The whole lot was fantastic. I can't forget to mention Sammy's shop down the road, Sammy helped with everything from supplies to transport and so friendly. If ever you need to be dropped off somewhere or wanting a car and driver for the day Sammy's husband Jaye is your man, a great guide.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

My family, friends and I were counting down the days until our much awaited Saba experience - i was having my 40th at the villa as friends had stayed there previously and so it came highly recommended. We were not disappointed. To be met by the friendly, smiling faces of the staff who so warmly greet you is a wonderful start to ones holiday.
We stayed in Villa Bima, one of the 2 bedroom master villas - WOW! The rooms so spacious, the gorgeous bathrooms, (my kids loved the little fish pond in their own bathroom). We slept like babies every night, beds so comfortable.
We travelled with 4 other families, so we rented out the entire compound of 5 villas- each one of them unique in their own way, just as beautiful as the other..you cant go wrong with whichever villa you choose. The stunning pool areas are just a really gorgeous part of these villas to unwind & watch the kids play around. The gardens are maintained superbly also.
Anything you need or want can be organised by the Saba staff...in-house massages, day trips, shopping tours, lunch & dinner reservations - nothing was ever a problem or too hard. We also took advantage of the complimentary use of the nearby Canguu Club, literally 5 minutes away and a great facilities.
We're real foodies and were really looking forward to checking out some of the great restaurants that we'd heard had popped up since our last Bali visit. We didn't get to half of them as nobody wanted to leave the compound- once we'd sampled Chef Made's outstanding cuisine there really wasn't a need to go elsewhere. His pork ribs are divine-better than the local Naughty Nuri's ( Bali regulars will know what I mean!). The daily breakfast sensational, my kids still talking about Chef Made's banana pancakes!
Bagus, the Villa Manager, is all over your every need, as is Made and the rest of the team. I just cannot rave enough about the professionalism of everybody that works there. It's evident they genuinely love their jobs and thats what i think makes this place so extremely special.
This was my 9th trip to Bali, I have stayed all over and in many 5-6star accommodations- Villa Saba, Canguu is BY FAR THE BEST value for money. I won't waste my time googling, searching Bali accommodation ever again.
Bagus, Made and the Villa Saba team made my 40th celebrations so, so special - I will be forever grateful and I have such fantastic memories of this special occasion. THANKS VILLA SABA, THE BROWNS WILL BE BACK.
Stayed September 2013

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle B
Andrew Y, Owner at Saba Villas, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Michelle,
It is very kind of you to respond in such a genuinely glowing manner...thank you. We are extremely proud of the quality and attention our staff provide all guests. This attention is both in the service to our guests and maintenance and up keep of the villas themselves. We do hope you return before your 50th birthday party!...Cheers Andy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canggu
THE HAVEN SUITES Bali Berawa
#12 of 35 in Canggu
The Kunja Villas & Spa
The Kunja Villas & Spa
#1 of 143 in Seminyak

Been to Saba Villas? Share your experiences!