“Stay here! ”
Review of Villa Echo Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canggu
Villa Echo Beach
Ranked #53 of 259 Speciality Lodging in Canggu
London
“Stay here! ”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

A great spot for a family holiday away from the hustle & bustle of Seminyak & Kuta, yet a short drive with friendly and hospitable driver, Nyoman, should you want to shop or dine at the plethora of amazing restaurants Bali has to offer.

We were a group of 6 in a 3bdrm villa. The open plan living area created a relaxing and social area to hang out by the pool. Our daily visit from manager Ketut was always a laugh! Nothing was ever too much trouble for Ketut or any of the amazing staff.

Like most of Bali, the outside appearance is no indication of the oasis that awaits you within the high and secure walls. The beach is only a stones throw from the villa (great for surfers!) and there are a handful of casual eats (Old Mans, Grocer & Grind) within walking distance.

We dined-in for about 50% of our stay and took advantage of the chef (and cheap food cost!). The food was great and authentic. They were willing to accommodate any food wishes we had- above and beyond what was published in the menu.

The villa was cleaned daily- the team of staff would get in and out very efficiently, always with a smile polite gestures.

We enjoyed the in-villa spa treatments, and also treated ourselves to the more glamorous treatments at Therapy Spa (also walking distance).

For the yoga-lovers amongst you, Serenity is about 100m from the villa and has many classes daily. My mum and I enjoyed the 8am class before heading back to the villa for a healthy breakfast & fresh juice.

I have no hesitation in suggesting this Villa to future travellers. Caroline was very helpful with our 101 booking questions and arranged for our family's staggered arrival times/days from the airport.

A big thank you to all the staff at our villa. You made for a great holiday. We're now in Ubud soaking up a bit of inland culture! It's my first time in Bali and I'd imagine not the last!

Stayed April 2014
5 Thank Rissasunshine

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Gold Coast
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This villa is 100% worry free. From the moment we booked with Caroline nothing was a problem. We stayed with my parents and our two young boys. The villa was great, we have been staying in Canggu for the last 10 years and I have never managed to book a Villa Echo Beach, but I'm glad I did.

Our driver Nyoman was wonderful, he was extremely kind and a very careful and considerate driver. He is an asset to the villas and took us to a few great places we never knew about.

Well, what can I say about the villa manager, Ketut. He is a gem..... He is super happy, friendly and full of great ideas on places to go to see. Ketut will do anything to make your holiday spectacular, you just have to ask him.

The staff at the villa are all great, they do their best to clean the rooms when you are out so that they don't intrude on your space.

If you stay at the villas, can I suggest that you have dinner or lunch made by the staff. It is amazing and the chicken betutu is to die for! Some people may think that it will end up being quite expensive but it is about the same as eating out. The picture of dinner that I have added cost $30. For those of you not familiar with Canggu, it is much quieter than Kuta/Legian/Seminyak but is only a short walk to many local restaurants and shops. Because Villas Echo Beach come with a car and driver for 8 consecutive hours per day, you aren't stuck out in Canggu, you can go exploring everyday, simply relax in your villa or go surfing about 250metres down the road it's up to you. The in-house massages were amazing - don't miss out on this wonderful relaxation by the pool. The only downside was the water pressure in the showers, on one night the shower literally dripped and that was it. It wasn't an issue for us as we understand that power and water pressure can be unreliable, but it may be a deal breaker for some people. An outdoor shower to wash off the sand after a surf may be a good addition to the villa in the future.

So, to Caroline, Ketut, Nyoman and all the villa staff THANKYOU, we had an awesome time with you and we'll see you again. For those of you considering just staying in hotels in Kuta, you are mad, do yourself a favour and stay here!!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with small children, you may wish to pack a baby monitor so you can keep an ea...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WeLoveBali
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Our stay was in Feb 2014, with a group of friends, travelling with children also. This is the fifth time to these villas and we will return due to the staff and villa quality. The drivers are wonderful, knowledgable and speak extremely good English considering it's a second language for them. I cannot express how highly we think of them now not only as drivers but friends who will take us anywhere we ask and wait patiently until we are ready to go to our next place. Service is outstanding.
The head chef and his staff also need to be congratulated as the more we return the more we get the staff to cook for us. We enjoyed everything that was prepared, it's fresh, delicious and so reasonably priced. The staff are extremely honest and reliable.
Cleaning and housekeeping staff as well cannot be forgotten. They only come in when it's convenient to us, they work around us and nothing is ever too much hassle for them.
We had again a wonderful stay and next time will need to stay longer.
Highly recommend as one of the best places in Bali to stay in a group or family travelling together. I have been travelling to Bali for over 25 years and in recent years one and two times every year and can still say after many different varieties of villas, hotels and resorts style accommodation stays this is the pick of them.
Mary & Scott
NSW, Australia

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed at echo beach villas back in January and we had a beautiful stay, with close proximity to the beach and restaurants and the lovely friendly staff we had a ball. Having the convenience of a driver who was always more than willing to assist us in advising popular spots to go to and lovely restaurants.
We stayed for roughly 10days and always felt very safe and secure, the staff were always there to assist us when we needed help or suggestions. The rooms were lovely and spacious and very clean.
Breakfast was always a pleasure and I highly recommend eating in at the villa for lunch or dinner if you get an opportunity to.
Overall highly recommended for families with children or groups of friends wanting to stay together the privacy of the villas is amazing and would definitely stay there again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We recently stayed a Villa Echo Beach, in January. The Villas are amazing , the pool was heaven. Location I luved. The staff couldn't do enough for you. If you wanted it, they got it for you. Putra was our driver who spoke fantastic English . Ketut came by most days to see if we needed anything , fantastic bloke heaps of fun. Would I go back to Villa Echo Beach, in a heart beat

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RachHerz
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 February 2014

When we arrived at our villa we were greeted by a happy man called Ketut (our villa manager). Nothing was ever a problem for Ketut to organise. Day trips, dinners, phone calls for transfers... Anything and everything we wanted, he provided.

The villas were kept with impeccable cleanliness. The cleaning staff were so efficient and we hardly noticed them entering the villa to clean. They could teach my husband a few cleaning tricks that's for sure!

The breakfasts were perfect. Just the right amount of food to fill you in the humid weather. A choice of nasi goreng or poached eggs and bacon were my 2 favourites.

When booking our accommodation online, it was one of the most easiest online transactions I've ever had. Caroline (the owner) was prompt with emails and invoices.

Location wise it was perfect for us. Out of the hussle and bussle of Kuta yet not remote where there is nothing around.

This is our second stay at Villa Echo Beach and certainly won't be our last.
Thank you for providing value for money with lovely staff who made our holiday so wonderful.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Georgieandchris
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at Villa Echo Beach and all (6 adults 2 children) had a great time. The villa was clean, spacious and safe. The pool was great and made even better with the addition of the pool fence which Caroline arranged despite our last minute request.

What made the trip most memorable for us though was the fantastic staff, warm, welcoming, hard-working, caring and friendly. They were by far the highlight of out trip (Ketut the cook, our wonderful driver Ari, friendly Jimmy, caring, smiling Dodik to name a few) and they would be the reason we would return.

However, I am sad to say we are all still undecided if we can bring ourselves to return, we loved the staff, the spot and the sites. But we were deeply saddened by the glaringly obvious tyrant like order boss ketut runs over the beautiful staff. It is clear the staff are fearful of him and not always treated well by him despite their tireless efforts and through it all they wear a smile. We felt hesitant to give our large tip to ketut as do not trust he would share it. (This we suspect is why he as he states is so "rich and could retire now" and the staff are so poor) we recommend if you stay you give individual tips to the staff incase our
suspicions are correct.

We are sad to say that because we cannot support such treatment of staff we may not return. We hope we are wrong and all the staff are soon recognised for their hard work and no longer living in fear of their rich boss. It's a great Villa with great people so it's a shame the experience was ruined for us by what we witnessed towards the end of our stay.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Mettyco
LiveCanggu, Owner at Villa Echo Beach, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Mettyco,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Villa Echo Beach. I am pleased that you liked the villa and appreciated the last minute efforts to organise your pool fence. I am also glad that you very much like your private driver as well as your cook and housekeeping staff.

I am sorry that you were under the impression that Ketut, your villa manager, had acted like a tyrant but I am fully aware of the circumstances surrounding the events that have lead you to this conclusion, albeit misguided. There was a member of staff that has had his punctuality managed quite closely by Ketut and it is a shame that this member of staff gave you the impression that Ketut's actions were inappropriate and unfair. Ketut is one of the most humble and kind people I know and he always ensures that all staff are cared for, especially when they are sick or in need of any financial help. On the other hand, Ketut makes it a priority to ensure that all staff show up to work on time, especially the drivers, as it is Ketut's job to ensure that all our guests have excellent service and aren't left waiting around for staff who are regularly late. Ketut has worked with my family for over 10 years now so I feel that I have a very good understanding of his character and nature.

I am also concerned that you paint a picture of Ketut bragging about being rich and the other staff are poor. I can give you my personal guarantee that if Ketut said something along these lines it was either meant in some kind of jest or needs to be put down as a total misunderstanding. Ketut is humble and very respectful to everyone (guests, staff, etc.). Fortunately, this is the only review we have ever had that paints Ketut in this light and I am sure other Tripadvisor visitors can read any of the other mentions of Ketut and draw their own conclusions.

On a very serious note - There has never been an incident where Ketut has kept any tips or accused of such a thing, so i can't stress enough the importance that if you are going to accuse someone of stealing tips without any evidence, perhaps keep these comments to yourself. These forums are not for sharing completely unsubstantiated claims and are here for you to share your experiences, not dubious suspicions. If I have missed anything regarding this matter, and you have solid evidence, then I encourage you to email me caroline@villaechobeach.com so I can further investigate.

I am always open to hearing suggestions about how we can further our guests' experiences but sometimes, without information to the contrary, some comments are unfounded and malicious.