The Adnyana Villas & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsdeluxe roomsrice fieldsprivate pooltransportvillabali
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Stayed here for about a week with my gf for our first time in Bali. Unlike other places I've stayed they required the whole payment upfront which was a bit annoying but fair enough. The hotel transfer was easy and the trip to the villa was almost an hour. The villa itself was nice although I felt a bit mislead as the lounge room and kitchen area is all outdoors without Walls so we got bitten like crazy by mosquitoes. I asked for something for this and they weren't able to provide anything so I had to buy an electric unit from the market because there are plenty of mozzies. The bed and room was really nice and clean. The toilet was outdoors and was pretty cheap and old looking which I didn't like. The shower was outdoors and nice as you stand on paved blocks surrounded by white rocks. The service wasn't as fantastic as you'd imagine for the price paid for this place. The main lady her name was Putu I didn't find helpful at all. I asked for an adapter so I could charge my mobile she said they don't have any then about 4-5 days in I asked one of the cleaner guys who gave me on straight away so I could have been taking photos with my phone from the start but I didn't because I wanted to conserve battery life. The second afternoon we left and we stayed the night in a friend's villa so we came back the next afternoon after 24 hours of not being at the villa and it hadn't been cleaned and beds made until we got there Putu decidedit wasnt needing to be done? So we had to sit on the lounge waiting for place being cleaned when we wanted to sleep in bed!! The towels weren't changed every night and I had to ask them to swap them over. Also rubbish and dishes were left after they cleaned they didn't bother cleaning that or tidying up they just did the beds and bathroom sink area. On 2 occasions when taxis were called by Putu they both tried to rip me off. One time I came out and she was talking to the driver, when he told me a ridiculous price I said turn on the metre and he got angry and said something to putu as if she told him to rip us off as were stupid tourists. The other guys who ordered us taxis got us bluebird taxis which were proper and didn't rip us. They were very helpful including the security guard was nice. The lobby area was unattended about 80% of the time and I had to go running around the premises to find someone to call a taxi or anything. The phone in the room didn't even work so I had to walk all the way to the desk and there was never anyone there so it was a lot of wasted time and energy that I shouldn't have to have to incur. All in all I rate the service friendly except the main lady putu. She told me first night breakfast is 8am to 10am and you have to order the night before and one night we asked for it early at 8am and she tried to say its served earliest at 9am which I argued to get that done at 8. I stayed at 4 other places after this villa which I rate very highly but this place was the worst and was not expected by the photos and pricing so I wouldn't go back, that's for sure!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Lance G
theadnyana, Manager at The Adnyana Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay to The Adnyana Villa and Spa .

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies, we have a note some points from you and please rest assured that appropriate action has been taken by our staff, to handle and we will definitively continue to improve our service to make your next stay with us will be at a higher level of satisfaction

We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of being of service to you during your recent visit to Bali and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Adnyana Villa and Spa,Canggu in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I m staying at adnyana for two night,7-9 June 2013, at the room
The idea does make make sense to me,try to provide a luxurious style villa, but i affraid that there are a lot of cutting corners when building the villa,so you can find at here and there that feel not right, for exsample the in room jakuzzi is a good touch,but the bathroom is really a let down,the toilet is to close to the glass wall that you cannot sit properly..
The other things that really got my attention is how this place is only run by two staff per shift...
the estate is to big for two staff,and the result that a lot of maintanince job not been done because they just dont have time to do it.
The staff really try hard to do their jobs,i think that they deserve more the what ever they earn now considering the load of work.
For the owners, please look around,even spend one night,you will understand my points.
to summ it up for now, the place have potensials, but the managements really have to improve and invest more for the maintanance.
one more thing, the rice paddy is really nice,but it also mean alot possibility for the animal to be around,like gekco,birds,frogs ect..so just beware.
will i recomend adnyana villa?.... i think i will with all the warnings above....and make sure that you get a good price....
if they add more workers and maintain the place better,i think i will give high recomendation...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daniel-malang

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great suggestion to us and hopefully in the near future we will make it better and more better.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stayed in the adnyana villas for two days. It was a nice villa with very friendly and helpful staffs. It's a kind of private villas in quite rice field surrounding. The villa equipped with modern facilities. The pool is large and clean. It's very nice that we have jacuzzi in our room. But if you plan to stay here, you must prepare everything before arriving in this villa. It's better you buy snack and everything first. This villa is located in isolated area, in a very narrow street.
Overall, it's worth it to stay here. You can get a nice villa with reasonable price, but not good in location.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rahmizikra

Reviewed 8 January 2013

We lived at the Adnyana villas för a couple of days, REALLY BAD SERVICE. took all day long to get in contact with the stuff. And they were not really helpful. NOT very nice.
If you have to go somewhere the stuff needs to drive you and they must for sure need to know that a day before , and as i said its very hard to get to contact them, I think the stuff were very suspect.
The hotel is cuite nice it self, beside all spiders and worms and insects at the bathroom.
They serve breakfast in morning that they order from some nearby granny and its not good, taste is not what we hoped for. and the breakfast they leave at your room for hours so its lots, LOTS of ants crawling around the table. and floor. We told them several of times to come take the breakfast away but nothing. they just ignore it.

NO THIS is not a trip we will remember as a good one. We are glad we booked another hotel for the last days in Bali. But its awful that we spend our money and time at the Adnyanas.

NEVER AGAIN.

dissapointed

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank martin e
theadnyana, Owner at The Adnyana Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your second comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay to The Adnyana Villa and Spa .

Wayan Susila Adnyana

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Don't judge the villa by its street :) If you drive to this villa for the first time, you might think that your chose is wrong. After traffic jam in a narrow street (Jl. Raya Canggu), turn left to a narrower one (Jl. Pantai Berawa), and then turn right to a very narrow street (Indonesian call it "gang" or some kind of alley) to find this excellent villa!!! Cozy and realxing with helpful staffs. A jacuzzi is provided in every room.

If you like crowded and "commercial" area like Kuta, this is not for you. If you want to relax in a villa (maybe for honeymoon), this one is perfect. The beach in surrounding area is perfect (at least for me)... not too crowded, and not too quiet. Not many local tourist visits Canggu area.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom villa is facing a paddy field. 2 bedroom villa is perfect for family.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family