Villa Infinity Bali
Ranked #57 of 302 Speciality Lodging in Canggu
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Unfortunately, our stay at Villa Infinity was a memorable one for all the wrong reasons. The first thing that I cannot get past is that we had over $1000 in cash stolen from our room the night before we left. The cash was from our wishing well from our wedding that took place 2 days earlier.

When I reported this to Putu, he told me it was my fault for not putting the money in the safe. I understand that I should have put the money in the safe BUT, it was underneath a scarf that was inside my handbag AND my handbag was hidden underneath a pile of clothes. So, the only way anyone could have seen the money was if they went searching for it. All of our family members went out of the villa on Friday evening so it was only the staff that were left at the Villa too. When I told Putu, I simply asked him to speak with his staff about it and then he came back and accused me of not wanting to pay my bill and that's why I had said the money was stolen. This was the most unprofessional conduct I have ever experienced from any Manager in my lifetime. Putu suggested he call the police and I agreed. In the 2 hours since I reported it to Putu, he did not contact the police and we had to leave to catch our flight. He then tried to convince all of my other family members that I was lying and I didn't want to pay the bill. Absolutely appalling. I was willing to wear the loss of the $1000 due to my own silly decision not to put the cash in the safe, BUT a customer should never be accused by a villa manager of lying.

I sent this in an email to the Villa's owner, Joost after he had contacted me in regards to my family's comment left on TripAdvisor. In an attempt to get me to take it down, he apologised, told me he had fired any of the staff who could have done it and said that its never happened there before but had the police come over anyway. Then he offered my husband and I a stay in his resort in Thailand.

I hadn't shown Putu where the money was so I asked Joost for a copy of the police report for my records and so that I could possibly make an insurance claim. He told me to stop making this more difficult than it had to be.... clearly all they wanted me to do was shut my mouth.

This was a huge amount of money for my family to spend on accommodation so I expected it to be a luxurious, pain-free experience for them all. Unfortunately, this was not the case at all. The staff always seemed to be around 'looking busy' but they constantly came into our rooms unannounced, even into our bathroom when we were getting dressed. My sister and her husband had a 6 month old baby with them and the staff never even cleaned their room! The staff would stand behind us during meals and float around when we were eating and drinking in common areas in order to facilitate us but any request that was out of the ordinary' for them, they simply replied "oh sorry, we cannot!" My husband and I asked to get some washing done at 3pm one day to be returned to us by 11am the following day and it was all too hard. They also never had any other suggestions for restaurants or things to do besides the Echo Beach café! After visiting my Aunty in a 4 bedroom and much cheaper villa just around the corner, I was so disappointed with the service the staff provided. At their villa, the staff went out and bought them groceries to cook for them, bought all of their alcohol and did all of their washing every day without being asked! When we asked about your staff getting groceries, again it was all too hard!!

I am true to my word so I have put this up here. Its really sad as this was my wedding venue and it was gorgeous on the day. Its just unfortunate that the poor management skills when something goes wrong need to overshadow our whole experience.

Room Tip: ALWAYS but your valuables in the SAFE!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank JetFlight_QLD
Anastasia V, General Manager at Villa Infinity Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Mandy,

Thank you for your feedback here on TripAdvisor. All comments are important to us! After your experience the manager have changed and we will be very glad to welcome you again at Villa Infinity Bali and make sure that your stay will be memorable for all good reasons!

I sincerely hope we will welcome you back in future.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My friends and I were staying at Villa Infinity in Canggu. We hesitated at first because we wanted to go out often and were afraid of the distance to Seminyak, but with the private driver included in the price everything was easy and it was great to relax during day in quiet Canggu!

The pool was stunning! We enjoyed having our cocktails there, chilling and having massages.

The staff were so helpful, friendly and very accommodating - they are an asset to the villa.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this as an amazing place to stay if you want somewhere quieter to escape from busy Seminyak (while being very close)!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Andorrans
Anastasia V, Directeur général at Villa Infinity Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2015

Dear Andorrans,

Thank you very much for your feedback! Its always a pleasure to read guests satisfaction! We are looking forward to welcome you again!

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The Villa is amazing and the staff are exceptional. My Wife and I had our wedding + Reception there and we had such a great time. We had 24 guests stay at the villa in the dates of Oct 3rd to Oct 8th 2013.

Now to the *Warning*. If anyone plans to stay in this villa and chooses to have kids, friends or family sleep on the upper bunks in the room that sleeps 12, think again. I had a family member climb onto the top bunk and the whole bed collapsed instantly throwing him into other bunk bed to the right. It left him his hospital for 2 days with large lacerations to his face, 3 broken teeth, and a possible neck fracture. We are currently in Australia now so tests are still being done.

After the ordeal we examined all of the bunk beds and found them all to feel like they were about to fall over with a touch of a finger. Some staff mentioned they have asked for the owner multiple times to put some money into fixing the bunk beds in the past but nothing was done. Due to the negligence, we felt it was the villa/Owners fault and responsibility. After asking for compensation for small claims such as flight changes because he was unable to leave the hospital and a few nights extra stay to rest before flying home the owner said he had no insurance and he wouldn't pay a dime now or in the future for any costs incurred to my family members health.

So as a warning, don't let anyone stay on the upper bunk beds and plan to make sure you have good travel insurance because this place wont cover anything even if its their fault.

On a lighter note, we still did love the place and staff. The minor upset was unfortunate but it didn't ruin the integrity of the staff. They always wanted to help even when we were very upset from the ordeal. My issues only lie with the owner.

I still would consider returning but now knowing that the room that sleeps 12, really only sleeps 6 safely.

If anyone wants more information regarding the villa please don't hesitate to contact me at: fastfwd@lanaddicts.com.au

Reece

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Reece V
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Now we can say we have stayed in Paradise
We went in July 2013 for 7 nights. We were warmly greeted by the staff as soon as we came in the Villa. The place is really peaceful and quiet. The villas were well maintained and modern. The food was really good and we enjoyed a lot of massages so cheap !
We will come back and recommend you to all our friends!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sophia c
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We recently went to Bali for my sister's wedding, and it was a truly special experience. Everything was just amazing! The staff were friendly and the language barrier was minimal. All in all an excellent trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed at Villa Infinity from 5th September to 10th September with 15 family members from Australia.
We had our wedding there, which was organised perfectly by Beyond Events, but for the entire 5 nights the staff at Villa Infinity made our stay so comfortable and were so accommodating to every need of ours. We arrived on the Thursday and had not booked any food or drinks and were expecting 50 people to turn up from around the world. Putu, Anastasia and their staff had no problem with arranging beer, soft drinks and organizing finger food for all our guests - actually the kitchen staff cooked the best fried calamari we had ever eaten! Everything was taken care of with no problem and little notice. The rooms and the grounds were kept impeccably clean all the time, and the pool is sensational. The kids spent most of the time playing in it. The master bedroom is larger than most peoples apartments and was perfect for the girls of the wedding party to get ready in. The setting could not have been more perfect for a wedding. It is such a beautiful Balinese villa with all the mod cons too. But most of all the staff were so great in organizing everything from breakfast to dinner, drivers, and nannies, nothing was a problem. We could not have asked for anything better for our wedding. Thank you to Anastasia, Putu and the team for being so great! We will be back for sure.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AmandaLegaz
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We fell madly in love with the island and this villa, and we will be back again next year.
Bali my favorite Island because the experience is like no other.
Villa Infinity offers amazing views, in a private serene setting. The rooms are large and the beds are cozy. We just cant wait to come back again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends