First impression: Great!
I arranged airport pickup, advisable since taxi’s might have a hard time finding the location. Trip to the villa is half an hour.
Very friendly staff waiting at reception, they were a bit "lost" since the boss was not around to show us the villa, but they managed to do so theirselves.
We decided to take the linen from one of the beds upstairs to turn the daybed in the bedroom into a bed for our 3-year old, which was very easy to do. The daybed is as big as a bed, and it sleeps comfortable. The staff made the bed the next days, and we ended up not using the upstairs bedroom.
The big plus from the villa is the private pool! Really private, no neighbours could see your pool. We all loved it, and every morning @ 7.30 we were swimming. The pool is cleaned daily and is big enough to play and swim. It's not a sport-size pool, we who would expect that? It even has two levels of depth.
Another plus is the huge semi-open living area, with a seating area and dinner table. In the kitchen you can find a frigde with freezer compartment, a microwave and even a stove with 2 hoods. Also pans, crocks and cuttlery is available.
One evening it was pooring down, with thunder and lightning and all, and we lowered the bamboo roller blinds which kept the rain outside, it felt very cosy actually. Although it doen not keep the noise out of course, it was nice. Rolled the things back up in the morning and it looked like nothing happened.
We didn't have see view, maybe the villa's 1 to 6 have see view, villa's 7-12 don't. But it did not bother us at all.
The breakfast served in the villa is nice, choice of fried rice, noodles, toast with eggs as you like. If all villas are fully booked they do not serve breakfast in the villa, but in the restaurant at the reception area. We preferred the serving in the villa, but you can go and order breakfast at the restaurant and ask then to bring it to the room.
I would advise the manager to put something in the bathroom, or the outside area, where you can hang your swimwear to dry. When you use the outside shower, you have to go inside to get your towel afterwards. A hook or rail would be sufficient.
On three days of our five day stay we experienced problems with the watersupply; apparently this was due to a problem with the pump of the villa’s, and usually it was solved within half an hour after we called the staff. But of cource if you’re planning to take a shower you don’t like to have to wait for water half an hour. We never filled the wooden bath tub, because the waterpressure was not very high and it would have taken hours. (we tried once, and after 10 minutes the water stopped running totally)
The manager is very friendly and willing to help and take good care of the guests.
They have a dog on the premises, but they will keep it away from the guests as much as possible. It's a rather old and very friendly dog, called Johnny.
The location is rather far from anything, so you always need to take a taxi; hard to find one when rain is pooring down.
The airco in the bedroom is not strong enough to cool it down properly, this should be taken care of to make it an even better place.
When we were going back to the airport after our stay, we asked to arrange for a normal taxi, which was way cheaper than the fixed price of the airport pick-up.
Renting a car + driver for half a day is very cheap anyway, it costed about US$40.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lalasa Villas is an exceptional villa resort nestled within the tranquil and stylish area of Canggu. It is the perfect location for the holiday maker looking for a peaceful retreat within walking distance of the popular Berawa Beach and comfortable driving distance of the fine restaurants, clubs and bars of Seminyak and Kuta. Lalasa Villas can accommodate small and large parties. Lalasa Villas consists of 12 villas, each with 2 bedrooms making 24 bedrooms in total, offering guests a combination of double and twin rooms. Each villa has its own private swimming pool and all of the villas are identical. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lalasa Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buddha Garden Villa Hotel Canggu
- Lalasa Villas Bali/Canggu