“very charming place...”

Ranked #25 of 255 Speciality Lodging in Canggu
Essen, Germany
“very charming place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

I stayed for 5 days and enjoyed it so much! The rooms are pretty small, but mine was new and clean. A bed, a wardrobe and a save, i dont need more. Bathroom for single room was shared, but no problem for me,. The atmosphere is really cool, a mix of architecure, very creativ and charming. You can have privacy in the garden, enjoy the pool or sit together for a bintang. I met so many interesting people there! The stuff also was absolutely friedly and they helped to organise everything so fast: Motorbike, massage, food.. I enjoyed also Yogalessons every morning, a good start in the day. Its outside at top of the building and the price of 50.000 was very fair! Hope to get there soon again! Thanks for the nice stay!! ;)

Room Tip: singleroom 4 was small, but fine, and nr9 had two beds and an own bathroom, that was great!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank HeikeSch83
DanielfromBali, Front Office Manager at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Greetings Heike
Thank you for staying at the Villa Serenity-Canggu and for taking the time to share your feedback in Trip Advisor. I would like to thank you for your kind comments about the hotel services, that is very much appreciated. Will welcome you back again in the not too distance future

Kind regards,
Yeni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

This was a guys surf trip to Bali with two other friends. I stayed in the Harmony Room, it was on the first floor by the pool.

First off, I loved staying here.... All three of us had a great time!

The room was large, bed was comfortable, AC and fan kept the temp very pleasant. I always had a nice hot water shower in the large bathroom. The only downside to the room was the hardwood ceiling/2nd story floor transmits a lot of sound from anyone walking above.

The pool is very nice, it was clean, large and just the right temp.

The staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant, very friendly and helpful.

The crowd was a nice mix of couples/singles/friends there for yoga and surf. We had a great time meeting people from all over the world.

The surf can be pretty hit or miss quite honestly, for the hard core surfer the other side of the island is better. But if you're more casual about your expectations regarding surf, the place is good.

It is quiet, but Deus and Echo Beach are two of he coolest places on the planet as far as I'm concerned. But having a scooter around there is a must, which the staff hooked us up with.

Basically this was our favorite guys trip to date... We have been to Bali, Panama, Fiji, Maldives, Mentawais.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
DanielfromBali, Front Office Manager at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Greeting James

First of all we thank you for selecting our hotel as your holiday ( with your two others friend) destination and being our long staying Guest. We appreciate your valuable comments on Trip Advisor of your experience with us.
We were very happy to read that you enjoy your stay with us especially with the activities around the pool,beach and friendly SERENITY Players/Staffs. Your positive review is the Best Reward to the team.On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for choosing Villa Serenity. We hope to welcome you and your other friends back to our Villa in a near future. ( Say hi from me to : Jason and Cenzo :)

Friendly Regards
Taoyuan, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Close to the beach, and nice staff there. I like the swimming pool and the meal.
I went by myself, the people are good and willing to help the tourist, I still thank them so much.
Relaxing style hostel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Greeting Win Han
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit in our hotel and appreciated the assistance and politeness of our staff as well as our facilities. Your kind words will be passed on to our team

It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every single day.

Again, I do thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

Best personal regards

Best personal regards,
Robina, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

If your looking for a friendly place with a nice atmosphere, with staff that end up being your mates, this is the place to go to!
Right on the beach and some Yoga classes to mix up your day. Great food and Deus (Restaurant with live music once in a while) just round the corner.
Creative owner, who will build a plastic bottle Christmas tree so that everyone feels just like at home.
Nice pool to cool down in from the extreme Bali heat and even a little library, TV room and comfy common areas to exchange stories with other backpackers/travellers.
All in all a place that I and all the people that I met there kept coming back to inbetween our little adventures on Bali. ;)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
DanielfromBali, Manager at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this review, 27 January 2013
Warmest Greetings

On behalf of Staff and Management Villa Serenity, we are pleased to learn that you so enjoyed your stay with us recently.

We look forward to welcoming you again at our Villa on your next visit to Bali.
Your kind concern and cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Management
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

Very clean, easy going, beautiful and relaxed place! The staff is very helpful and friendly. They offer yoga classes, scooters and bicycles are for rent. It's just close to the main village. Their kitchen (warung) is clean, very tasty and fresh.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us during your holiday.
Your kind concern and cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Have a great day, Your valuable input and comment is greatly appreciated.

Warm Regards
Management
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

If you're traveling on a low budget and you want to feel like you're at a spa, or the closest thing to it that you can afford, this is the place! The pool is the main reason I'd come back. The pool has salt water so you can float. And float I did! My fingers looked like raisins when I got out of the pool. The service is excellent and the people working here are super friendly. I want to go back!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
DanielfromBali, Manager at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this review, 26 January 2013
Greeting Susanna

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. We are glad to learn that your stay has been enjoyable, & had a great time with us.We look forward to having you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
Globe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

I will keep this sweet and simple:

Pros (Goods):

- The pool is amazing
- The food is great
- The location to the beach is also sweet!

Cons (Bad):

- The villa rooms are high priced, and are not so private. You get to wake up every morning to the sound, and smell of the people in the rooms next door taking there morning poo.
- You can here the next room snooring, even in the private villas
-The staff are o.k, but most don't care to help you
- If it rains, you will get wet in bed
- Open concept bamboo means lots of bugs in the room.

Conclusion:

This place is nice, but WAY over priced. Also the photos on the website make it look much better then it is.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GlobeWorldWide
DanielfromBali, Owner at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Hi Globe World Wide
Thank you for the compliments on the pool, when I built it I was sure people would enjoy it! Yatna, my wife, who is taking care of all food and beverages, says her thanks. As we are located only 150m Canggu beach, we feel our room rates are justifiable : 400.000IDR (or $40) for double bedroom and 150.000IDR (or $17) for Backpacker ( dormitory/single room). All room rates are breakfast included and I'm sure you enjoyed the home-cooked breakfast!
Villa 1, the bamboo lodge is an eco lodge, we are very proud to have built it of bamboo material, hiring local labor and maximizing on natural ventilation; all in the purpose of reducing our carbon footprint. However, regarding the comment, I will discuss this with our maintenance team, on how to improve it, especially during the rainy season. We do have air-condition rooms on the floor below in that same Villa 1, maybe next time you can stay here?
We are a family based accommodation, our staff are locally hired to provide them with income, I believe that the staff were not unhelpful but more shy, so next time just ask with a smile and they will enthusiastically help!
Finally the website, this is a difficulty for me as my generation is not technology - orientated. Nothing to fear! My son who is studying in Singapore will soon come home and help!
Thank you GlobalWorldWide for the reasonable review, thanks to this we know where to improve!

With Serenity