All reviewssingle roomsmall hutvegan foodprivate bathroombreakfast includednearby beachthe main housecleaned every dayswimming pool isbig smileguest housesurf schooleach morninghome away from homealkalineclassesyoga
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I've stayed in Villa Serenity a couple of times, both as a couple and solo, for in total two weeks I think. Its the perfect spot for a budget traveler but I would recommend it to anybody who is looking for something different. Bali is full of villas and resorts and most of them are very similar. There is no copy of Villa Serenity, its atmosphere is magic, its like the Best Exotic Mary Gold Hotel. I'm not giving away any details, discover it yourself! I've stayed in 10 different apartments and rooms around the Bukit, Ubud and Seminyak but Villa Serenity is one of a kind and made me feel like home.

Villa Serenity has many rooms (all very different), very friendly staff, a great pool, good breakfast and.. a welcome drink! During my staf I only had one day without wifi (but thats what you can expect in Bali), usually the connection is good. Surf breaks are on 100mtr and they give yoga classes almost every day.

Room Tip: For couples, the Japan or Coco room could feel a bit too small.. Go for Love, Freedom, Om or Harmony.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
DanielfromBali, Owner at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Hi Tim,
thank you for putting forward on how unique we are, i will definitely show this review to all our staff, each department is very proud of their work.

the title "best exotic mary gold hotel" really caught my curiosity, i searched online, watched the trailer and in the end watched the movie. wow what a movie, i really enjoy British comedy! thanks

yes correct every room is unique, so tell all your friends, when they come to Villa Serenity, tell us what room you prefer

anyway thanks again, and please return, we're always upgrading and adding new things here so there's always something new going on!

with serenity,
Daniel Chieppa

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I stayed for 5 days and enjoyed it so much! The rooms are pretty small, but mine was new and clean. A bed, a wardrobe and a save, i dont need more. Bathroom for single room was shared, but no problem for me,. The atmosphere is really cool, a mix of architecure, very creativ and charming. You can have privacy in the garden, enjoy the pool or sit together for a bintang. I met so many interesting people there! The stuff also was absolutely friedly and they helped to organise everything so fast: Motorbike, massage, food.. I enjoyed also Yogalessons every morning, a good start in the day. Its outside at top of the building and the price of 50.000 was very fair! Hope to get there soon again! Thanks for the nice stay!! ;)

Room Tip: singleroom 4 was small, but fine, and nr9 had two beds and an own bathroom, that was great!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank HeikeSch83
DanielfromBali, Front Office Manager at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Greetings Heike
Thank you for staying at the Villa Serenity-Canggu and for taking the time to share your feedback in Trip Advisor. I would like to thank you for your kind comments about the hotel services, that is very much appreciated. Will welcome you back again in the not too distance future

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 January 2013

This was a guys surf trip to Bali with two other friends. I stayed in the Harmony Room, it was on the first floor by the pool.

First off, I loved staying here.... All three of us had a great time!

The room was large, bed was comfortable, AC and fan kept the temp very pleasant. I always had a nice hot water shower in the large bathroom. The only downside to the room was the hardwood ceiling/2nd story floor transmits a lot of sound from anyone walking above.

The pool is very nice, it was clean, large and just the right temp.

The staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant, very friendly and helpful.

The crowd was a nice mix of couples/singles/friends there for yoga and surf. We had a great time meeting people from all over the world.

The surf can be pretty hit or miss quite honestly, for the hard core surfer the other side of the island is better. But if you're more casual about your expectations regarding surf, the place is good.

It is quiet, but Deus and Echo Beach are two of he coolest places on the planet as far as I'm concerned. But having a scooter around there is a must, which the staff hooked us up with.

Basically this was our favorite guys trip to date... We have been to Bali, Panama, Fiji, Maldives, Mentawais.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
DanielfromBali, Front Office Manager at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Greeting James

First of all we thank you for selecting our hotel as your holiday ( with your two others friend) destination and being our long staying Guest. We appreciate your valuable comments on Trip Advisor of your experience with us.
We were very happy to read that you enjoy your stay with us especially with the activities around the pool,beach and friendly SERENITY Players/Staffs. Your positive review is the Best Reward to the team.On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for choosing Villa Serenity. We hope to welcome you and your other friends back to our Villa in a near future. ( Say hi from me to : Jason and Cenzo :)

Friendly Regards

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Close to the beach, and nice staff there. I like the swimming pool and the meal.
I went by myself, the people are good and willing to help the tourist, I still thank them so much.
Relaxing style hostel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Greeting Win Han
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit in our hotel and appreciated the assistance and politeness of our staff as well as our facilities. Your kind words will be passed on to our team

It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every single day.

Again, I do thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

Best personal regards

Best personal regards,

Reviewed 26 January 2013

If your looking for a friendly place with a nice atmosphere, with staff that end up being your mates, this is the place to go to!
Right on the beach and some Yoga classes to mix up your day. Great food and Deus (Restaurant with live music once in a while) just round the corner.
Creative owner, who will build a plastic bottle Christmas tree so that everyone feels just like at home.
Nice pool to cool down in from the extreme Bali heat and even a little library, TV room and comfy common areas to exchange stories with other backpackers/travellers.
All in all a place that I and all the people that I met there kept coming back to inbetween our little adventures on Bali. ;)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
DanielfromBali, Manager at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2013

Warmest Greetings

On behalf of Staff and Management Villa Serenity, we are pleased to learn that you so enjoyed your stay with us recently.

We look forward to welcoming you again at our Villa on your next visit to Bali.
Your kind concern and cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Management