“Perfection”

and 1 more site!
Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga
Ranked #21 of 304 Speciality Lodging in Canggu
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Villa Serenity is perfect. It's great value for money and offers lovely single rooms for solo travellers. Perhaps because they offer single rooms, it's a great place to meet like-minded, solo travellers. The vibe of the place makes you feel comfortable on arrival; it's very chilled and social, but without the late night parties. Yoga classes are held every day, which only adds to the great vibe of the place. The beach is visible from the entrance way (only 150m down the road), it's a short walk along the beach to Echo Beach for surfing, and there is a great restaurant called Beatlenut Cafe close by. Villa Serenity lives up to it's name - Villa Serentiy is serene.

Room Tip: Dream and Joy are at the front near the road, they are lovely single rooms but some find them noisy...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DanielfromBali, Front Office Manager at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Hi Leoni
Thanks a lot for the great review, we are very happy you had a good time here and enjoyed the beach. Yes, there are lots of good restaurant near by. Looking forward to see you again for another experience in the Island of the Goods.

Serenity Crew

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I miss this place.Ican clearly remember every experience i have here is so meaningful.I spent here our first honeymoon and staff here are so warm and helpful to make our stay so meanigful it brings me to tears.How can i not remember such memories.The view the pool is just perfect at night so romantic.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
DanielfromBali, Manager at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Greeting Kyle

We appreciate your valuable comments on TripAdvisor of your experience with us, and proud that our pool is one of your pleasure epicenters, we try to make it in a way that people can easily interact in a positive surrounding
We hope to welcome you back to our guesthouse in a near future.

With Serenity

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at serenity for over 5 weeks. You couldn't keep me away. It is a simple Eco friendly home away from home. The staff make serenity what it is, it won't be long before you'll be part of the family! Close to the beach and a scooter ride to seminyak so a great location. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this accommodation made and run with love. I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank tinafreake
DanielfromBali, Manager at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Hi Tina

First of all we thank you for selecting our guest house as your holiday destination and being our long staying Guest. We appreciate your valuable comments on TripAdvisor of your experience with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and appreciated the assistance and politeness of our staff as well as our facilities. Your kind words will be passed on to our team
We will be pleased to welcome you and your boy friend (Daniel) back to our guest house in a near future.

With Serenity

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is the sort of place you want to keep coming back to. I got to know the staff and their friendly smiles and daily chit chat made me feel very comfortable and 'at home'. I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to support an accommodation provider that gives back to the community. Likewise, it attracts many other like-minded travellers, so it's a fun place to be. The kitchen is also fantastic. Overall, very well priced, clean and tidy also. Thanks!

Room Tip: Single rooms are great value.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Greeting Paul

How very nice of you to write such a delightful review about us! seems you already fulfill your promise ;)i will compliment all the staffs on the job well done
anyway thanks again, and please return, we're always upgrading and adding new things here so there's always something new going on!

Warm Regards

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The place is close to the beach and a good spot for surfers. They seem to do a lot on recycling and you have lots of signs to explain what you can do to help and what they do for that. the environment is nice and peaceful but too kitsch for me and the signs everywhere is polluting the view in my opinion. The swimming pool is great and not very often used so you can often swim on your own. The room we had yin was for a family since no other room was available. It was fairly dark and close to the reception so you may hear noises from time to time, we have also seen. What the japan room looked like and it was the size of the bed ! villa serenity is a quiet place in general and this is relaxng too. They offer yoga classes and are a great help should you need anything. The breakfast is relatively small but you can order extra if you want at your own cost and you may have to wait between your order and your breakfast. Once i waited 25 min, so take a shower in between ! They have a kitchen where you can order all day long a large choice of food. For a low budget holidays, i would definitely recommend the place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
DanielfromBali, Manager at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Greeting Valued Guest

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for choosing Serenity. We hope to welcome you back to our guesthouse in a near future.It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every single day.
Yes, to avoid many sign that will be annoyed the view around, for sure we will selected which one is a most important for hanging.
Again, I do thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

Best Personal Regard

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I spent an entire week at Serenity and I am more than happy of my choice of stay. I found great and very helpful staff, great food, well organised and a different guesthouse! I travelled on my own and I wanted to meet people and Serenity's shared rooms helped for that purpose and so I met people. Yoga lessons were great and you didn't have to bother to go far for them having in the same hotel! The hotel also provides for massages and all of stuff you can need. The friendly staff made me feel very comfortable even when sick! I wanted a quiet holidays and I had them. True enough Canggu and the Serenity location can be far from the typical touristic attractions or towns but if you look for some peace and quiet this is the best place! Later if you want to do some sightseeing in other towns, Canggu it is an easy distance by taxi from Kuta, Seminyak, for instance. I enjoyed my stay very much! I just wished I could stay longer!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Greeting Maite

Really nice review, thank you for your highly recommended.
Also, Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, highlighting a number of our team members. Rest assured, we will convey your kind words to them. Thank you for the fantastic comments and we will keep up the good work.We were very happy to read that you enjoy your stay with us especially with the clean & lovely swimming pool and friendly staff

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for choosing Serenity. We hope to welcome you back to our guest house in a near future.

Friendly regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Arrived to unfriendly welcome, room not ready, problem with booking through hostel world they said, would have to move me after one night. Be aware the yoga is NOT included although their websites give you the impression it is. They also did not apply the deposit I paid through hostel world to my bill and said they do not get the deposit (which is not my problem) so it wasn't applied to my bill. Worst place I have ever stayed. Be aware also this is definitely a backpackers stay and not anything like a serene villa. Very cramped quarters and noisy.

Room Tip: Don't come here
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
DanielfromBali, Manager at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Greetings from Serenity!

thank you so much for putting an effort in writing a review. It really helps us improve ourselves, and jolt ourselves to work harder.

We apologize if you feel our receptionist were impolite, it would've been great to know on what way they were impolite and perhaps the person?

Alas being a guesthouse, you are perfectly in reason to want a room ready upon arrival and to obviously not be moved. I will of course find out what happened and rest assured i am sure there was a valid reason for such action. Nonetheless, i apologize for this occurrence.

Yes for hostel-world, we have been having technical difficulties, we are working as quick as possible to rectify the problem!

In the end, i totally agree that the word "Villa" can be misleading, that is our old name, we are undergoing a name change to Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga. It is who we really are, a down to earth, Eco-friendly and relaxed place to stay.

We will and always will improve, so once again, thank you.
in the off chance you would like to return, please ask Yeni for a discount :)

with Serenity,