All reviews single room small hut vegan food private bathroom breakfast included nearby beach the main house cleaned every day swimming pool is big smile guest house surf school each morning home away from home alkaline classes yoga
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Spent over a week here — found it to be the most perfect spot to practice yoga (hourly classes to choose from every day; various styles), eat at their yummy plant-based cafe and relax by the pool...or walk a few minutes down the road and take a dip in the ocean! Special shout out to Anya who took amazing care of me when I was sick. She made sure I was well equipped with all the essentials. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to relax and reset during their time in Canggu! Or even stop in for a day of yoga and pool time.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Serenity E, Front Office Manager at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Greetings Jessica,

Thank you for taking your valued time to write down the review. We all feel honored by your kind review and sharing your experiences during your stay. We are definitely more than happy to know that you had a memorable stay and loved daily yoga classes which are for all levels, the tasty vegan food at Alkaline Restaurant and also our pool to relax. Serenity location is strategic which is close to the beach. Only 5 minutes walk away, guests can enjoy the beauty of the beach.

It is a pleasure to share your compliment to our staff, especially on behalf of Anya who took care of you and she did her best to ensure you were getting better. We keep trying to serve well and further improve our service for guest satisfaction.

We much appreciate of your awesome feedback and thank you for recommending us to TripAdisor's reader to visit and spend their great holiday with us!

Hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

If I could give more stars, I definitly would. We just stayed 3 nights and 4 days but we will sure come back at the end of our bali stay. I can‘t write something negative so I will just say what was positive: the stadf was super friendly, they greeted me everyday with my name and with a really big smile. The restaurant is amazing. I was never vegan but with that tasty food I definitly think about going vegan. The rooms are amazing, we stayed at serenity 2, a guesthouse a little bit more away but they have a transport for free. The yoga classes are awesome, one teacher better than another. The hotel is just love, it spreads love and happiness. I can really recommend the hotel to anybody who wants to have an amazing stay!!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Greetings Hanna,

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to share your memorable stay and choosing us to spend your holiday. It was a pleasure to having you at Serenity and also glad to know that you had a wonderful stay with incredible service from the staff and the friendliness of the staff who greeted you every day with a big smile and calling your name. Guest satisfaction is our priority. They will be happy to hear your nice comments. We highly appreciate your positive feedback on the foods at Alkaline Restaurant that makes you think to be vegan because of the tasty vegan food. May our food be your medicine.

We are also very pleased with your other positive feedback on our room, especially at one of our branches at Serenity 2 which is 500 meters away from the main building. Although the guests are staying in our branches, we provide shuttle service from and to Serenity. This makes it easier to get to the main building or the branches. It is an honor to receive a compliment for the daily yoga classes and the teachers. We will pass on your kind reviews to all the yoga teachers.

Once again, thank you very much for the nice reviews and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

I visited serenity for one night only but I wish I could have stayed for longer! The dorm rooms are spacey and nice, the yoga classes are AMAZING, the breakfast is yammy and healthy, there is free drinking water available, atmosphere is lovely and the staff is super helpful and nice! High recommendations to chill & practice yoga here.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Greetings Johkujojo,
Thank you for kindly taking time to write reviews and sharing your experiences during your stay. We are definitely more than happy to know that you loved the atmosphere of Serenity and made your one night stay was amazing.
It is a pleasure to hear that you also loved the daily yoga classes which are for all levels, the Dormitory Room is one of the favorite rooms of the guests because the price is affordable and of course, guests will stay in one room along with other travelers. We also just opened a new Dormitory Room in the main building (at Serenity 1).
We would like to thank you for your compliments about the breakfast which is a vegan breakfast, then the refill drinking water that we provided in the lobby. It aims to make our guests easier to get drinking water, especially at night.
It is an honor to receive your compliments who are satisfied with the service of our staff. We will make sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. They will be happy to hear that.

Once again, thank you very much for choosing us to spend your holiday and hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Oh I don't even know where to start. Perfect location (you can see the ocean while you stand in front of the entrance), wonderfull yoga classes & techers, super friendly and welcoming staff, delicious food at their cafe (Alkaline) and very clean & comfy rooms. After traveling with a friend I had a double room for myself with attached bathroom for $38 AUD / night.

That's the general stuff; but the fact that they build the whole thing out of bamboo and recycled material & the permaculture garden idea really got me. So did the non-chemical and worm farm approach. This place needs all the visitors, attention and money it can get since it's helping Bali to become so much better, cleaner & healthier. Next time I get the chance I'll plan a trip to stay here for 1 or 2 weeks and to have my own 'yoga retreat'. Way to go guys, much love.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Greetings Kjbooij,

Thank you for your awesome review. We are so glad that you enjoyed staying with us with our yoga class and our concept here with eco-friendly. We will pass your comment to our staff, they will be really happy to hear that you enjoy staying at Serenity.
We really hope that you will come back and hopefully stay with us next time!

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Sereneity Eco Guesthouse has a very special place in my heart as well as my husband's as we had a very special experience in this amazing place. As my then fiance and I were looking for a place to hold a traditional Balinese wedding vow ceremony, we discovered this place when we ate at their superb and flavorful Alkaline Restaurant as we inquired for a Mangku (a Balinese Priest). To our amazement, they offered us an amazing package for our wedding. The very special and kind person who offered us was Dewi and she is the most amazing person who helped us organize the special moment of our life as we got married at Echo Beach, complete with the traditional Balinese dresses for me, my fiance and our small family. The package was complete as this was the first time that they have also done this wedding at Serenity Eco Guesthouse. We are very taken good care of as we had a spa before the ceremony to help us relax and I would like to give a very special thank you also to Findi and all the Serenity staff who shared the moment with us. I would also never forget the Mangku who did our ceremony and it is the most wonderful experience that me and my now husband had in our lives- plus, they gave us the Top Honeymoon suite as a gift and we had the wonderful view of Canggu. Indeed, if you are looking for wonderful food, a place to stay away from the busy touristy places and a place to embrace nature, the beach and friendly staff to help, Serenity Eco Guesthouse is the best place to be :) Much love- Pat and Michael

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Krishna C, Front Office Manager at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Greetings Patricia & Michael,

Thank you very much for taking time to write down the beautiful review and making us part of your special Wedding as well as for sharing your stay experience with us. Happy to read that you liked our vegan foods at Alkaline Restaurant and you had a memorable experience at Serenity. Dewi who you mentioned in your review would feel grateful because you were satisfied with the Wedding Package that she offered to you. Once she heard that you would like to have a Traditional Balinese Wedding and inquired for a Mangku (a Balinese Priest), she really wanted to help in organizing your wedding. It was an honor could help in organizing your wedding where you wanted the sanctity of a typical Balinese Wedding. You looked very beautiful and your husband was handsome in the Traditional Balinese dress. It was our first time having the Wedding at Serenity Eco Guest House and held the wedding at the beach which is our Guest House close to the beach. We really appreciated that our guest was attracted to the Balinese tradition especially the typical Balinese Wedding. Our staff who accompanied you were also touched and happy when watching your wedding.

We also have arranged that you and your husband had a spa before the wedding so you felt relaxed. We would also pass your kind feedback to Findi and our staff. They were excited to welcome you from the beginning to the end of your wedding ceremony.

Once again, thank you very much for recommending us to our TripAdvisor’s reader for a visit and to spend a holiday at Serenity.
See you in the near future!

Crew