“Best holiday ever”

Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Canggu
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Best holiday ever”
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I am a young person who recently stayed at Bali Amore Villas, and I absolutely loved it.
I had not been to Bali before but could not think of a better place to visit, or a better place to stay.
The rooms were amazing and we did not want to leave.
All of the staff at the villas were lovely and would do anything to make us happy.
The villas were so convenient, being situated right next to the deli, and very close to the Canggu Club- which is perfect. The Canggu Club is huge and had everything you could want plus more. The best part is use of the Club is free to guests in the Villas.
I cannot understand how people say they have security issues, as there was a safe in the room and the villas are almost impossible to break into- the thought didn't cross my mind the entire trip.
We would highly recommend staying here- you will be blown away.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rachel367

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 May 2011

i read about bad review of this villa few weeks before i stayed, there was a bit scarry to stay there with my wife. as soon as i arrived on the villa and i found out they had 2 security mans that helped me. i felt little bit relax finally. on the morning i saw the staff were coming to clean out villa, they were so kindly, working good and quiet, it made me really happy because me and my wife planned to have relaxing moment without any disturbing. the villa architecture was really good, so modern and sophisticated. me and my wife had really good time and it was unbelieavable. i was wrong to feel worry about this villa, it seemed they learn from the mistake and developing to be better day after day. so what can i say just what a perfect villa.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Jakarta
Reviewed 5 May 2011

No matter what others say there are serious security issues at Amore Villas - genuine posts on TripAdvisor keep getting removed and covered by glowing reports all mentioning security - no way! There are so many other beautiful places to stay in the Canggu area. Always ask about security when you book villas especially - are there safes in every room, is there police nearby, etc.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Travel_MadJakarta
Emerald Beach, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We travelled to Bali in March and we stayed at Amore Villas and what an amazing place it was.... Twas My Hubby, Myself and our 9yr old son. When we entered our villa we were blown away by just how private and lugurious it was. Firstly our rooms were huge and the beds were choice as my son said, and the open air bathroom was gorgeous. Top notch linen and towels, which I loved. The entire villa was decorated perfectly...then we went to our lounge room/kitchen/dining area and it was sooo beautifully set up. My kind of kitchen....We spent most of our time in the pool and cabana area..It was so private and the gardens were immaculate..Amore is very central and the little deli across the road kept us well stocked with food. The staff were fantastic and couldnt do anymore for us if they tried.. We hope we get back there.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Davendeni
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We stayed at Amore Villa for 2 nites and it was so special. Wish we had of booked more nites as we didnt want to leave. The Villa and the satff were great... the Villa itselft was pure heaven...Just beautiful. It is surrounded by Rice Paddy's a deli/ Supermarket across the road and the Canggu Club a 2 minute walk...It is clean, safe and a pleasure to be there. I will be definitely back there next trip in August. So if you want a beautiful relaxing place to stay ..Spoil yourself and book yourself into Amore Villa... We loved it...Thankyou very much!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I had really great time with my family on Amore Villas. we spent 7 nights after got cheap rates from wotif.com. i didnt expect too high before i arrived on the villa, but since i saw on the first time, it was blowing my mind n eyes. very perfect n modern villa. i really recommend this villa for family with young children because they have private swimming pool, so private villa, so quiet on the night but there was security and another staff that work n helped us. very wonderful place.

Room Tip: villa 4 are the best villa
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 3 May 2011

With beautiful villas and private swimming pools set in landscaped gardens this was promising to be a great retreat , however only a few hours after I checked in my handbag was stolen from my room while I was sleeping.
I was awoken by the thief beside my bed during the robbery, who managed to get away with all my cash, passports and camera. I was alone in the villa with my friends due to arrive in the very early hours of the morning, thus all the outdoor lights had been left on and the villa gate left open (although my room was locked). However the thief had turned off all the lights and locked us into the villa before entering my room. The guard who was no more than 20 m away did not apparently hear my screams during the incident and was very reluctant to act after the robbery, later claiming he was too scared. The next morning a chair was found in the garden of the adjacent villa - on the other side of my bathroom wall along with an empty milk container. The keys to many of the lower bathroom doors were missing and all the safes had been locked (so unable to use). It seems that the thief was very familiar with the villa layout and had been comfortably waiting while I showered and prepared for bed, checking I was asleep before using the key to enter my room.
So instead of a restful holiday I spent my time at the police station and embassy, and the seeming good value for money of the villas was quickly outweighed by the cost of the robbery. The charm of the open air bathrooms lost their appeal with the thought of someone lurking behind the wall. And my friends and I were unable to sleep peacefully during our stay with the prospect of the villain being in the employ of the villa.

Room Tip: sleep upstairs and get a cricket/baseball bat
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends