“Blissful stay at Amore”
Review of Amore Villas

Amore Villas
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Canggu
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Amore Villas were recommended to me by a friend and something I'm extremely grateful for as I hate the trouble of trying to find accommodation. I was in Bali on business and would often find myself not wanting to leave my villa, the calm ambiance of the interaction between buildings and nature was particularly seductive and I would often struggle to drag myself away from the pool.

Facilities were top shelf, huge kitchen, dining and living area in one, lovely poolside thatched gondola - perfect for some outside dining, beautiful decorative elements - koi ponds, lily pads, orchids & ornate statues. All very authentic and well done. The villas are all very private and huge. The rooms themselves were great, aircon worked too well if anything, but was extremely grateful given the sweltering weather. Bathrooms once again welcomed nature in a way that I adored.

Other than that, no complaints, staff were super friendly, room had a safe which I used, so no problems there. Well stocked Deli with loads of western and local goods right across the road so always had supplies on hand, in saying that, had staff organize a chef to come and cook some colleagues and myself a private dinner and smiles all round, beautiful Balinese cooking, would highly recommend this option. Canggu Club membership comes with your stay so access to gym, sports fields for a kick around and indoor/outdoor tennis courts. I'm a bit sporty so great for me. Also lovely Western/Balinese restaurant directly across the road next to Deli at great prices.

Will definitely be back, had everything and more, plus Seminyak a A$3 cab ride away for Potato Head and Ku De Ta for sunsets and cocktails right on the beach. Do yourself a favour and stay in Canggu. As I said, Seminyak is A$3 cab ride for dining and shopping, Kuta A$5 if that's your thing, great for daytime shopping, but not mine at night and the extra space and romance of the surrounding rice paddies punctuated with towering palms really summed up Bali for me.

Thanks Amore.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Seanblu

Reviewed 12 February 2012

This was the second time my fiance and I were at Amore Villas and we love it so much! Its so amazing. Again the staff were beautiful and the surroundings are stunning. I just love walking down to the gym every day and cruising over to the deli. Our favourite spot for dinner was echo beach which is a short drive down the road! Cant beat $4.50 BBQ snapper!
Coming back to the villas at night is simply exquisite, the pathways are lit up and the swimming pool is so inviting! Though my favorite room in the whole villas was the bathroom! I would grab some balinesse bath salts and treat myself each night, then reward myself with a massage, the massage girls are amazing! They come to your villas and massage you in your own private massage room! (Bliss)
All in all we love Amore Villas and will go back again for a 3rd time!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed at this villa for two weeks in January with our teenage son. Other members of our extended family stayed in two of the other villas with their children. We had a fantastic time and contrary to some of the other reviews on this site, we had no problems with staff or security at all. The staff are unobtrusive and helpful - and always smiling! I found the rooms to be very clean (I am really particular about 'goobers' in bathrooms and no problems there) and safes were available in each room. One was not unlocking properly (rendering our valuables safe even from us!) however the staff quickly fixed the minor problem (batteries needed replacing).
We really liked the location (Canggu) as it was far enough away from the touristy areas that we were able to really chill out, but not so far in a car that we couldn't head in to do some shopping etc if we wanted to. Cabs are so cheap that you can go all the way to Kuta for about $4. Seminyak is ten minutes away and the new Deus Ex-Machina restaurant and bar is close by on the way to Echo Beach (loads of fun if you like motorbikes and cool music on a Sunday night). We also used the complimentary Canggu Club membership to visit the gym and their cocktail bar. The layout of the villas is not clear from the photos but they are huge. Each room is self contained and has it's own full size bathroom which was a godsend travelling with a moody teenager! The kitchen and lounge are housed in a separate building which helps if you have any night owls staying with you (see moody teenager).

We had a fantastic time and will definitely go back.

Room Tip: We had the room right in front of the pool - lovely to wake up to each morning. Our son slept upstai...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela P
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We stayed at Bali Amore Villas last month. Blown away with the gorgeous gardens, size of the private pool and spacious villa. So much to see and do in Bali - we had a great day with Halo Bike Tours (thoroughly recommend) and loved the Elephant Park - but our best memories are long lovely lazy days around the pool in the sun at Amore. Fabulous place to stay - excellent value for money - highly recommend.

Room Tip: Blackout curtains in rooms allow a great sleep in!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Amore Villas were everything we expected and more. The kids lived in the luxurious pool or used the ample space outdoors or inside. Adults get to lap up the luxury of the serene surroundings or entertain friends in the catering size living space. The beds were extremely comfortable super king, and the open spacious, semi outdoor bathrooms were second to none. Amore was spotlessly clean and the staff were unobtrusive and helpful.
Our stay was a family favourite 10/10. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I am a young person who recently stayed at Bali Amore Villas, and I absolutely loved it.
I had not been to Bali before but could not think of a better place to visit, or a better place to stay.
The rooms were amazing and we did not want to leave.
All of the staff at the villas were lovely and would do anything to make us happy.
The villas were so convenient, being situated right next to the deli, and very close to the Canggu Club- which is perfect. The Canggu Club is huge and had everything you could want plus more. The best part is use of the Club is free to guests in the Villas.
I cannot understand how people say they have security issues, as there was a safe in the room and the villas are almost impossible to break into- the thought didn't cross my mind the entire trip.
We would highly recommend staying here- you will be blown away.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rachel367
Reviewed 7 May 2011

i read about bad review of this villa few weeks before i stayed, there was a bit scarry to stay there with my wife. as soon as i arrived on the villa and i found out they had 2 security mans that helped me. i felt little bit relax finally. on the morning i saw the staff were coming to clean out villa, they were so kindly, working good and quiet, it made me really happy because me and my wife planned to have relaxing moment without any disturbing. the villa architecture was really good, so modern and sophisticated. me and my wife had really good time and it was unbelieavable. i was wrong to feel worry about this villa, it seemed they learn from the mistake and developing to be better day after day. so what can i say just what a perfect villa.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple