“An amazing family getaway and personal celebration”
Review of Ametis Villa

Ametis Villa
Ranked #7 of 283 Speciality Lodging in Canggu
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Ametis - you made our family getaway and personal celebration unforgettable!
We stayed for a week at Ametis earlier this month. I found it on the net and Tripadvisor and I must say the reviews and raves here are spot on. I can't add much new to everything that has already been said, but I must jot down some things.
First off, I must say I was very impressed by the pre-sales work done by Ametis in offering deals, assistance, and information before and during my email based booking. As soon as that was out of the way, the inimitable 'Astawa' wrote an email introducing himself as our butler and offering any help that we might need -- a very nice touch I thought.
Our actual arrival and welcome was very hearty and greatly appreciated. We were two couples traveling together and had thus booked interconnecting villas (which is highly recommended for larger groups) -- they give you privacy when you want it, and the two villas join to make a mansion when you want by sliding the wall in between (pics uploaded). Astawa and the entire staff made sure we were pampered no end, served very well, and taken care of every step of the way. They arranged for whatever beach, shopping, sightseeing, spa, surfing we wanted to do in a blink of an eye. On the first day in one of our villas when wi-fi wasn't working properly, at least 4 different people spent over 2 hours ensuring it was fixed!
The villas themselves were huge, luxurious, and comfortable -- a first luxury villas experience for us and hence no comparison point, but I don't know what more is possible without being obscene or wasteful (pics uploaded). The area of Canggu itself is very serene, quiet, and relaxing compared to most of the popular tourist/residential areas we saw. I hope it stays that way for a long time. The restaurant and chefs were excellent not requiring us to step out of Ametis if we chose (pics uploaded). And who can forget those scented cold towels everywhere :-).
I complained to Astawa and Eko that the reviews and pictures did not do justice but I understand why I can't do better. Perhaps it is best left like that. Some things should be experienced. Needless to say I recommend Ametis very highly and will go back in the blink of an eye.

Room Tip: If travelling in larger groups, make sure you ask for interconnecting villas
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank solzaire
There are newer reviews for Ametis Villa

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Ametis Villa is the Best! My wife and I where looking for a relaxing 7 day break and the team at Ametis delivered on all fronts.
From the moment we arrived at the airport we met by our Butler “Astawa” who was brilliant, the perfect balanced combination of complete attention and privacy.
We stayed in a Imperial Villa which was fantastic the villa is perfectly open planned designed for relaxing, great private pool too, we had to force ourselves to leave the villa so they could make our room up.
Astawa advised us on all our siteseeing, eating, and educating us on some Balinese culture, we where very happy and lucky to meet his family.
The Spa was a highlight, we became addicted to the Balinese massages!
I recommend to ask your Butler about a romantic dinner in your villa, we also had some friends staying near by, and the Ametis staff treated them like ametis guests and arranged a unforgettable suckling pig dinner for us and our friends and even surprised us with Balinese musicians!
The head chef gave us a great cooking class, his food is exceptional, fresh fruit everyday and comprehensive menus, every meal we had has great, we ate to much it was so tasty.
Our plane home was cancelled because of the volcanic ash cloud over Australia, the management team at Ametis came to our villa and assisted us with rebooking flights and giving us a great deal on the villa the 2 extra nights we were stranded in Bali (poor us two more nights in heaven).
Brilliant service we are planning to return next year.

3  Thank PaulSyd_63
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Great to see all the reviews. There were none when I booked these villas But I definitely wasn't disappointed. The most amazing villas filled with quality fittings and furniture. The staff anticipated your every need - a big thank you to Agus who looked after us so well. The spa treatments were beautiful and at the suggestion of Agus we finished the treatment with a relaxing bath made ready for us in the privacy of our villa. Bikes are available for guests with plenty of sights to see in this quieter part of Bali. The beach is only a 5 minute walk away. Shopping at Seminyak is only a short drive away, with a driver ready to take you and pick up when your ready. Thoroughly recommend Ametis.

3  Thank Kazza3762
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I was all fired up, ready to write my first ever review as I was THAT impressed by Ametis Villa...then I read all the previous reviews (when I booked the villa, it then had only 2 reviews) and seriously, it's all been said - all very good. Had a fabulous time (with special mention to Eko for his fabulous service and impressive service and attention to detail). As most of us who reviewed here, I just wished I'd stayed longer.

Oh yes, I came with my two kids (9 & 6 yrs) and they were definitely included in the special service - kid-sized kimonos and sandals for both of them, special smily-face cookies and a special yummy cake for my daughter (the trip was a reward to her for her hardwork at school).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank leehsuhsia
Reviewed 24 June 2011

On our first trip to Bali for nearly 20 years we stayed in this terrific very new complex. Beautifully conceived and executed the villa was stunning and our charming and helpful butler Astawa did a great job looking after us. Canggu is much quieter than nearby Seminyak, with a much less busy beach only 2 minutes walk from the villas. Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank david_lambert
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My husband went across this place by coincidence and we have seen their promo rate which equals the price of Nusa Dua/Jimbaran 5stars hotel's Club Room (our initial preference). After reading TripAdvisor users' reviews and comparing the package they offered with other places, we decided to have it a go. What a brilliant decision!

We have been upgraded from a Premiere Villa to Imperial Villa... our villa named Emerald.

We love the place, it is truly luxurious and feels like home at the same time.
It is spacious... the dining and living area are in one entity, bedroom and luxurious bathroom in another (see the pictures), with a private swimming pool in between.
The photos shown on their website are for real, the real ones are even better as they put maximum attention on every single part of their villa, every surface down to each corners are quality made.... however I do think they should show more photos as the recent ones are only a few and don't do justice.
It is hard to explain how beautiful the place and the surrounding, my advise is that you should try it, give this place a go for at least once in your life time, to really know what I mean!
Beside our villa (Emerald), I really love the Ametis' entrance, the library/lounge and the overall ambience of Ametis. The beach is only 5 minutes away by walk. Beside providing car to go to Seminyak area, the villa provides bicycles to ride around the area - we were accompanied by our buttler Agus seeing rice fields, the beach, Batu Bolong temple and local villages in between.
The service is excellent, the food are splendid with very reasonable price, all the staff from the GM Budi, his Assistant Akiko, the buttlers down to the general hands are friendly and very accommodating; our butler, Agus, especially, always trying to make sure we have got all we need (if not more than we expect... thanks, Agus! :-) you did a very good job!)
I really love their Chinese Breakfast... that's my favourite! My husband, who's usually prefer the comfort of European food, was even enjoying every single Balinese/Indonesian food off their menu... thanks for making him able to savour them, Ametis!
Beside Chinese breakfast, they are also providing American, continental, Korean, Japanese, Indonesian or vegetarian breakfast.
The villa service includes afternoon coffee/tea with snacks between 4-6pm, then afternoon cocktails with canapes between 6-8pm... Daily coffee/tea, soft drinks, local beers and snackbars are provided throughout the day in your villa.
The kitchen is fully furnished.
The private sunken bath and open-air rainshower are a luxury!
Location is not in the area where you can party (such as Seminyak), but Seminyak is only around 15 minutes away, you can always use villa's car which is provided for you at any time (however you should inform them about your plan 1 hour in advance, to allow them to allocate their drivers' shift properly for you). The advantage of having them to drop you off and pick you up is that you shouldn't be worry of dealing with traffics and routes, you can just relax and enjoy the ride.

We took nice 2hours Balinese massage in their spa... I think we should have taken 3hours instead!

It is the best time for us, even better than our 1st honeymoon! It is relaxing, luxurious and unpretentious, and a grand home away from home... We love everything about Ametis, we definitely will be back when we visit Bali next!

1  Thank ArieR
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We really enjoy our stay with Ametis! The villa was big, clean and modern with impressive pool that is big enough for lap swim. The hotel location is great for couples who really want to spend some quality time together amidst the serenity of Canggu, away from the bustling and crowded seminyak and kuta areas.

The staff, especially our butler Eko, were always so helpful and attentive to our needs to make our stay a memorable one. We were totally rejuvenated after our stay in Ametis. We would definitely choose Ametis again on our next visit.

2  Thank DebnJac
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canggu
Hotel Tugu Bali
Aston Canggu Beach Resort
The Samaya Bali Seminyak
The Samaya Bali Seminyak
#3 of 147 in Seminyak

Been to Ametis Villa? Share your experiences!