“Absolutely loved it”

and 1 more site!
Villa Aamoda Bali
Ranked #184 of 290 Speciality Lodging in Canggu
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed at Villa Aamoda in December 2012 for 5 days with my family and my sister-in-law's family on our 3 week Asia trip. We had 4 kids and 4 adults and the size of the villa was perfect for us. The Villa is really nice and clean and had all the amenities. The distance from the Airport and Kuta beach is about 45 mins...but this place is really peaceful and quite. This property is in Echo beach, which is opened up not too long ago I heard. The service is excelled and the made to order breakfast is really really nice and the staff are very attentive and super nice. We ordered local food almost daily and did cook a couple of times. Rooms were great. Pool was awesome. We called in for Balinese massage almost everyday (super affordable). We did hire a van for us to take around the volcanoes, Kuta beach, temples and other tourist attractions etc..Overall a GREAT experience for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Binaya M

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Villa Aamoda. Really value for money and comfortable and clean all throughout the property. Only small bugbear is the low water pressure in the room upstairs. And the floorboards at the pool which seem to be a little worn out & needs replacement. But excellent location near Canggu Beach & nice deco and comfy bed, luxury at a low price..
Would recommend it to families who would like peace and comfort, away from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

With 5 family and friends I stayed at Aamoda in May 2013.( for 7 days) We celebrated my daughters 21st here. It is about 45 - 50 min from Kuta and i must admit i was worried as we drove into the rice fields and away from the hussle and bussle. ( we had to take two cars for the six of us) As we drove down the lane way to the villa, the anxiety increased. However the lovely friendly staff met us as we disembarked from the cars, and escorted us through the twin doors over the pond, then the ..... Arh moment .... paradise!!!! It smelled beautiful, it was super clean, spacious, modern and COOL. Carmin( pint size pocket rocket) showed us around and was very gracious, soft spoken, polite and helpful. The kitchen is perfect, lounge with tv/ dvd ( ok lounge chairs), our rooms magnificent .. air conditioned and peaceful, ensuite perfect. Separate bungalow has a spa and outdoor shower ... WOW ! The pool was the jewel in the crown.. couldn't be any closer to the dining room door ..we all lived in the pool, night and day. Plenty of room for all of us to spread out and relax, on sun lounges too.
Breakfast was cooked for us ..ready and waiting for us each morning by 8.30am ( we are a little fussy .. so we end up cookin our own( after day three ..in the fully functional kitchen)
The night of my daughters 21st ( after we had been out all day) , we got back to a surprise, Carmin had put up balloons and organised a birthday cake, and cooked us all a aussie schnitzel meal.It was perfect.
We loved the spa a few metres down the road on the left , big glass front place( the ladies are soooo lovely ) we had a treatment each day, hair, feet ,head ..back , recomend !
We also loved The Beach House Restaurant at Echo Beach, 10 min walk ( on the beach) cheap, cool, yummy, chicken panini ( the best ).
Red Salt is another one, its inland ( not on beach) run by expat Aussies, its ok but no BYO !! Prob 20 min HOT walk from villa ( we got lift back as it was too dark / wet to walk back) more expensive than Echo beach, but its a different feel too. (Waynan will no doubt have his guitar and will belt out a few hits.)
Rooms and entire villa are cleaned every day , so it is always clean and tidy.
We had a few days of total relaxation. Stayed at villa the entire day, even had a pamper day in. Carmin arranged for us all to get treatments in the villa, ear wax, pedicures, thai massage .. it was such a lovely treat. We felt like hollywood stars or royalty.
We also had pizza delivered one night. On the last day we all had all of our clothes laundered, so they would fit neatly in our cases. SOOOO CHEAP, round $7 each to have all our clothes washed, dried, pressed and put into clear plastic covers. GREAT SERVICE !!
Two down sides ;
*distance to anywhere ... if you are GAME hire a car so you have freedom to go places without having to pay for drivers ..all the time.( and go to supermarket to buy food to cook yourself. )
* lots of bugs and frogs too ( but this is Bali and they are everywhere :(
We all loved our stay at the villa, maybe too long .. we got a little bored by day 5 !! not much to do, other than surf at Canggu. Only so much relaxing one can do. Unless thats your aim .. Aamoda is the place to be.

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect, however we did have one night when the air con stop working ( and we thought...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank akatj
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed in Villa Aamoda in Nov 2012. We loved the property.
Spacious rooms, very well maintained, sumptuous breakfast, well equipped kitchen. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday in bali, close to Echo beach (7-10 mins walk), then this is the best place to stay !!!
The only downside is the location, since it is far from restaurants etc.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed in Ammoda villa with five other friends.
The three rooms were spacious and the personal swimming pool was large enough for all of us to splash around comfortably.

The outstanding part of Ammoda's service was actually after we checked out.
I realised when I returned home to Singapore that I had left my camera battery charger on the wall socket. I emailed Ammoda and they responded promptly with the DHL courier charge.
A friend of mine was visiting Ubud Bali so Ammoda sent it to my friend's hotel. Unfortunately, she left a few hours before the charger got there. Ammoda brought back the charger and told me to update them if I had another friend going down.
Sure enough, a second friend was in Bali and Ammoda sent my charger down within two days of my notification.

Thank you so much for you help, Rolly and team.
Thank you for going out of your way to help reunite my camera charger and I!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Booked the Villa for a stay in August which was wonderful and lovely. There were only three of us so the villa was really spacious as we each had a lovely room to ourselves. All rooms come equipped with a bathroom which is great especially for three girls! The staff was always accommodating and warm. We felt so welcomed when we first arrived! If you need any help arranging transport or needing any food deliveries, they'll be most happy to help! My favorite part of the villa is the pool area which is a wonderful size for just doing some leisure swimming and just lazing around. We spent many hours at the pool and it was just delightful.

The villa is huge so it does have a few areas where a little maintenance needs to be done. I had a little trouble in the master room's bathroom where I could not get hot water for the shower and some furniture looks a little dated. You could lock each room with a key if you go out but keep in mind that housekeeping would not be able to clean your room or fix your bed. There is security 24/7 so not much to worry about. The staff enters the villa through a service door near the kitchen should you need any help. Breakfast is prepared each morning with a small menu that you could choose from and it was delicious. The villa is located nearby Echo Beach was is just a short walk away with a few cafes with amazing views to choose from. Echo Beach is a surfing beach with lots of surfing enthusiasts so great for those who love surfing! Some taxis may get lost finding the place as it is located right inside so you may want to ask the staff for help about that for more specific directions. Along the way to the beach we caught sight of a spa place called Therapy Spa and it was truly a gem! Very professional staff and wonderful massages and treatments. All in all, i truly enjoyed my stay with Aamoda and recommend it to those looking for a tranquil visit in Bali.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Villa Aamoda provided us with luxury living through beautiful interiors, plush bedding (master room + two bedrooms - all with bathrooms en suite), an amaaaazing pool area, and personal butler service for our every need! The villa is huge, but cozy at the same time. The place is extremely clean, and comfortable, and the staff are friendly and warm, and were more than willing to fulfil any of our requests (i.e. calling for taxis, ordering delivery, preparing breakfast, arranging airport transfers etc.). There is 24-hour security which made us feel extremely safe.

The location is good too, albeit a little difficult to find at night (no signage, and very little light on the streets). Not noisy at all, and just a few minutes walk to Echo Surf Beach, a wide range of F&B options, and "Therapy" Spa... I would definitely stay here again the next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends