“Family atmosphere”

Berawa Beach Residence
Ranked #165 of 290 Speciality Lodging in Canggu
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I walked in without knowing what to expect, the hotel looks nice, clean and well-maintained. Then I discover the manager and later on the staff. It was an extremely nice surprise, it feels like home, I would recommend it to anyone and will come back to stay there again this coming July.
You have the best service any grand hotels could offer, plus the personal touch and attention that the manager Adi makes sure that everyone gets.
Lydie BERTRAND
French Embassy in Australia

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 0Lydie
Premier Hospita... A, Marketing Communications Manager at Berawa Beach Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear 0Lydie,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you had a memorable stay with us at our Berawa Beach Residence.

I will personally commend, Adi, our Villa Manager on your kind words. I am sure that it will inspire him to try even harder to serve our guests in the future.

On behalf of our entire team, we wish you all the best!

Kind Regards,
Ni Putu Riska Wandira
Marketing Communications Manager

Reviewed 30 December 2013

If you are looking for 4 star usual hotel this isn't it. What it is, is real Bali in a village atmosphere. Miles away from anywhere but an inexpensive taxi ride anywhere. Staff as always were great and would help with anything you needed, you just have to ask which most people seem to be afraid of. The room was a little on the rough side but more than adequate especially for the price.It has a pool with a gazebo.Daily cleaning service for your washing at approx. $2.00 or less There is no restaurant but 2 Warungs with good food within a 5 minute walk. The Cafe Rafara deserves a mention as the guys there were great company and the food excellent and cheap and Raf has his own Rock Band to boot. If you wanted a top restaurant you couldn't go past Aravina at the Bali Equestrian Centre less than 5 minute walk 5 star luxury. All the people there seemed to be Surfers from mainly Europe. A little tip for taxi. Tell them the place they are looking for is at Canngu 4 my, not spelled like this of course and Jalan Semat they seem to find it easier to find then.My partner and myself would have no hesitation with staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank review649
Bali P, Manager at Berawa Beach Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Valued Client,

Warmest Greetings from Premier Hospitality Asia,

Thank you so much for your kind review towards our property.
It's really nice to hear your comment and we're happy because you're happy :)
We would have no hesitation to welcome you back at our Berawa Beach Residence:)

Warm Regards,

Villa Manager

Reviewed 19 December 2013

What a great time we had staying at Barawa. The room was great and breakfast was good. Staff were fantastic. Will miss them very much. Suking, Gade, Kadek, Rahmat, Harry, Eric and the lady's who look after Audrey and Audrey herself. The guys who drove the cars.

Room Tip: We had a Deluxe Studio Apartment. for the 2 months we stayed it was perfect.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Client,

Warmest Greetings from Premier Hospitality Asia,

Thank you so much for your generous review towards our property.
We do hope you enjoyed your stay during your holiday and we will be very happy to welcome you back to our Berawa Beach Residence:):)

Have your blessed day
Warm Regards,

Villa Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed 10 nights breakfast. Pick up was waiting for me driver waited while I picked up supplies at bintang very obliging.Yes was a way out,but taxis available and staff happy to drop you at local restaurants spas etc on back of their bikes,also offer to pick up.Pool small but adequate and clean. Breakfast limited choices but always good .Not a first timer to bali so negotiating with drivers for day trips was ok.room was clean and comfortable loved the pillows,great size fridge ,nice and cold too. Staff helpful and always smiling.
Have no complaints,enjoyed my stay a nice change. Some great restaurants nearby and they are happy to deliver.....try green ginger.vegetarian also Mexican ,but only have indo or club sandwich.

Room Tip: Pool area rooms suited me,close to reception area and breakfast area .
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ENASydney
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We booked through Expedia, they told us that it was in Legian, close to the beach, had a gym and a restaurant....

Sadly it a 20-30min taxi drive into Legian, the hotel only do breakfast, 3 option omelette, scrambled eggs or pancakes.

The gym, consists of 2 walking machines.
Taxis can not find this place either we ended up taking a brochure everywhere we went so we could show the driver where to go. Still had a bit of confusion.

This place is defiantly for long term stays.

Staff are very friendly

Room Tip: We got a 2 brdm villa, was a good location out of the main room area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nicole B
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed for four nights at Berawa Beach Residence in early April.

We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Though light on options it was consistently delicious. The small buffet offers orange juice, toast, watermelon and either Mi or Nasi Goreng. Furthermore you are given an option of scrambled eggs, a spanish omelet or pancakes cooked fresh (avoid the pancakes, but everything else is great). The highlight, however, was the staff who served it. They are polite, welcoming, helpful and genuinely up for friendly and animated conversation.

The rooms are adequate, featuring comfortable beds and balconies with pool access. However, my main issue was that the cleanliness standards were simply not up to scratch. The bathrooms were actually quite dirty and, despite the fact they were serviced daily, there seemed to be no real effort to improve this fact. There is also a general air of shabby and unkemptness about the entire facility (our rotten pool chair collapsed the first time I sat on it).

However, the main downside of this place is that it is quite out of the way. It's not particularly close to any of the main commercial hubs and is, at times, a pain to get to. If you're planning on using a taxi service (as we did) make sure you have the address AND a map. Without at least one of these things the chances of you finding the place are slim and it can become very frustrating. The place is well signposted once you reach Canguu but the taxi drivers still won't be able to find it so give them the directions as dictated by the signs. Also remember to tell the it's near the Changuu Club (that should get you close to where you need to be).

For a budget price Berawa Beach Residence is certainly worth a punt. However, it should be noted that you can find better accommodation, closer to Kuta and central Bali for what we paid (around $50 a night). For us the lack of convenience was a significant issue and we chose to leave half way through our proposed stay (despite having already pre-paid).

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I know Bali well but this place is not in a well known area. I booked it on a booking website and the deal included an airport pickup. I emailed them twice and got no reply. I emailed them again 2 days before I arrived and my email was returned saying the mailbox was full. I then contacted a driver I use regularly. He made inquiries, including ringing and speaking to the staff, and told me he would never be able to find it in the dark. I then emailed the management company mentioned on their website and got a flurry of replies saying it wouldn't be a problem. Then I got an email saying their driver would be there in the morning - my flight was in the evening. I crossed my fingers and sent another email. When I arrived there was no pickup. I got a sim card and rang the hotel, they said they would ring the driver, 10 minutes later he appeared. When I arrived I was put in a normal room although I had paid for a poolside room. The guy said, "maybe tomorrow". The next day, after many conversations and a lot of persistence I was moved into the room I'd paid for - which was empty all along. Every time I went out - for shopping or eating - I had great difficulty getting a cab who was prepared to try to find it. And they always wanted double the money!
Having said that, if you know the area and have your own transport, this place is pleasant and clean with friendly, but inexperienced, staff. The breakfast is adequate. Apart from that, the staff were always sitting down to delicious smelling meals but nothing is available for guests.
Is a stay here worth all that trouble? Not for me.

Room Tip: The poolside have a nice outlook but the other apartments are bigger.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canggu
Legong Keraton Beach Hotel
Fare Ti'i  (Villa Ti'i Bali)
Villa Coral
#15 of 250 in Denpasar
Tis Villa Seminyak
Tis Villa Seminyak
#103 of 423 in Seminyak

Been to Berawa Beach Residence? Share your experiences!