“Beautiful views”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Melbourne
“Beautiful views”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We've been there several times and the food is always good. It's relaxed dining, with stunning views out over the ocean. I would definitely say that it is worth tourists making the trip for.

In saying that, here are a couple of pointers...stock up on beer and keep it cold. I am not quite sure what the manager does, but he is regularly there studying his laptop and not chatting to guests. Sorry, has to be said. We should be the primary concern and if there is work to do, do it elsewhere.

The food is delicious and a credit to the chef, and staff always friendly. Tidy up a bit on the above pointers and you will ensure longevity.

• Visited February 2014

• Indonesian first
Chicago, Illinois
“So great!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just spent a week at Tugu. What a great experience!

First, the hotel is stunning...filled with Balinese/Indonesian antiques in every corner of the hotel...from the lobby, to the rooms, to the public bathrooms(!)...Balinese history is everywhere you look.

The rooms are tastefully decorated with a choice of ocean view rooms (upper level) or ground floor rooms with individual plunge pools. Both are fantastic, depending on what you prefer. The Spies Suite and the other suite (I can't recall the name) seem like a wonderful and worthwhile splurge too.

What really makes Tugu special, though, are the people! So kind, welcoming, and pleasant. I really can't emphasize this enough. I wish so much that I could remember everyone's name...unfortunately I'm horrible at remembering names! Both managers we dealt with were absolutely top notch. Irma, whom we met first, was so kind and helpful with whatever we required. Our first room we checked into had a shower head that wasn't working properly, so Irma credited us with 2 hours of massage for the inconvenience....which frankly wasn't an inconvenience to us at all...even though we changed rooms. Maggie, the other manager we dealt with was equally kind and helpful. She took us on a tour of the hotel explaining the significance of the beautiful antiques that fill the hotel. She was so knowledgeable and nice as well!

We celebrated Valentines Day at Tugu and our dinner was out of this world! We were given an amazing special dinner in an amazing room built around a a 300 year old (I think) Chinese temple that the hotel's owners transported to the hotel. The table inside probably seated 30 people, but we had the entire room to ourselves. We sat across from one another at a candle lit table and were just spoiled to death by the service. Just amazing. We both agreed that it was probably the best Valentines Day we have ever had!

I could go on and on about this hotel. Now, it may not be for everyone. If you are looking for a Western, sterile, chain type experience...like a Westin, or St. Regis....this hotel may not be for you. Tugu has 10 times the character/charm and is equal the class in every way, shape and form.

The people (not in order of importance): Irma, Maggie, Widia, Sri (1), Sri (2), Mayen, and many others who we just weren't able to catch their name (we feel terrible about this!). All the wait staff for our meals just bent over backwards for us.

They really do make your vacation special....and we can't wait to return again soon!!!

2 Thank CalbertC
RoshanFernando, General Manager at Tugu Bali Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear CalbertC,
Thank you for taking time off to write a lengthy review. I & my team were delighted & inspired by your wonderful comments & sentiments expressed under the topic of " So great". All of us at Tugu Bali will say “big thank you" from the bottom of our hearts.
You have mentioned & described about the rooms, food & the “Tugu touch “experience , most importantly of our staff, we will be grateful & truly delighted to have such wonderful comments.
I shall personally covey your appreciation to all our staff members in general & specifically for the ones you have mentioned the names. I am sure they will be inspired, will be so happy to serve you again any day. We are always committed to create only positive memorable experience for all our guests.
We do hope that with all the experience you had with us will bring you back to your favorite place in the near future on your next visit to Bali.
Thank you once again for well written & the experience expressed in your recent visit to our resort.
With warmest and fondest thoughts of you,
Ahmedabad, India
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We went to a party hosted by friends, we a big group and they did a fantastic job of preparing an awesome spread. The banquet hall was old oriental style typical Indonesian Temple look with red and black colour combination. Very quiet and serene. Gives you a Zen feel. Must go place if you are in Bali.

Visited January 2014
RoshanFernando, General Manager at Tugu Bali Restaurant, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Ahmedabad,
Thank you so much for taking your time off to post a review in the TripAdvisor. What a pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed such a wonderful time in Bale Sutra - the dining experience! We thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for recognizing our effort.
We will be happy to welcome you again anytime. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance you may require from our end.
Our best wishes,
Bali, Indonesia
“All Class”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The minute I walked through the door I was blown away, this place is gorgeous and has a lovely ambience in the evening. The menu was extensive showcasing all of the traditional indonesian delights as well as a few I was not aware of. There is also a western offering of food which is great as I plan on coming back many times and trying everything on the menu given it's only 10 minutes from my house. This is the place I would take friends and visitors to Bali when they want a gorgeous setting or when they want to try Indonesian food cooked to perfection. I had the Ristaffel which had a little bit of everything and was absolutely delicious. The drink menu is extensive and the service is fabulous. I also love the little private dining rooms you can sit in, they are gorgeous. It's my Birthday tomorrow and I've asked my husband to take me there as out of all of the great places to eat, this is my Birthday choice.

• Visited November 2013
RoshanFernando, General Manager at Tugu Bali Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear CindyM,
Thank you for your great review and generous compliment. We are known for our gorgeous ambiance and sunset view and it is always fantastic to hear that back from our guests.
Looking forward to welcome you back to Tugu Bali restaurant soon and please do not hesitate to contact us directly whenever you decide to make a booking; as you may know we have the option of "Aphrodisiac Picnic in Bed" served on an 18th century antique bed on the beach, illuminated by oil lanterns and ending with two blindfolds desserts!
We thank you again for your review.
Our best wishes,
Canggu, Indonesia
“Best Traditional Restaurant. ”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Spent a New Year's eve there with the kids, they had a special attraction-Reog. I love the surrounding of this hotel-full culture, the food which is so traditional, and I always recommend this place to everyonewho would like to see what is traditional dinner could be, and all people will be amaze as I was...
Also the reason I visited their Tugu Hotel in Malang, different but the same interesting and unique. Should visit another Tugus.

RoshanFernando, General Manager at Tugu Bali Restaurant, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Weedeeblue,
We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your new years eve at Tugu with your family.Looking forward to welcome you back to Tugu Bali restaurant soon and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance.
Thank you for taking some of your time to share your comment with others, we truly appreciate.
With best regards,