“wonderfull room, feel like home.”

Homestay Bali Starling
Ranked #44 of 173 Canggu B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

close the beach ,wonderful room and view. very clean all,feel like home. nice owner. i'll sure come back.many dvd choice and tv cabel and wifi too never bored at room, air port transfer too, is not big road but you can use motobike to travel around surrounding area.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evawijaya

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I enjoy my time at bali starling. I love the room.. the kitchen.. the services.. the owner was so kind n friendly. Once I complain to my bf why the bfast a bit late.. I wrote that I want bfast at 9. N they start to cook a bit late. But its ok. We are in holiday. I recomend this place..

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at the Homestay Bali Starling! Clean, friendly, excellent breakfast, fast internet, super comfortable and helpful in every way! What more can we say, we will return!! The informal atmosphere and eating together at the same large table made it a friendly experience to share.

Room Tip: All rooms looked lovely, the deluxe double was great and the others just looked even bigger and nice...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Suzanne G
BaliStarling, Manager at Homestay Bali Starling, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Hi Suzanne,

It was a real pleasure meeting you and Anya. It's so nice that we'll be seeing her a couple of times during the next weeks. Hope your legs healing well.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My Son and I stayed @ The Bali Starling for 4 nights. Mike arranged for swift airport pick up for us. We arrived to a nice clean modern room with good internet WIFI service and spacious Bathroom. Centrally located in Canggu, close to the beach, great places to eat and the Canggu Club. Mike cooks up a great breakfast everyday included in the stay and will happily sort you out with a rental motorbike, maps and any local travel advice you might need. When I return to Bali, I will certainly be staying at the Bali Starling Homestay!..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Siamjason

Hi Jason,

It was an absolute pleasure having you and Kona at our place. Glad you also enjoyed it!
Hope everything worked out with the harvest. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have never been good at following through and writing reviews of the numerous places I have stayed in the past but I make an exception now. Moving to Bali knowing it was going to be my home for the next few years and the uncertainty that comes from such a big change was quashed by Mike and Marcella and their gorgeous homestay. They are fantastic hosts who have mastered the fine balance of good conversation and knowing when to give you privacy. The breakfasts are phenomenal, I did not have a favourite and wished I stayed longer to go through all the choices twice over. The homestay is a perfect combination of hotel quality but with the comforts of home. Large, bright and extremely clean rooms. While I walked everywhere, Mike did offer to help arrange transport alternatives even assisting me himself after checking out and heading to my next destination. Mike also gave me some tips on great places to eat that were delicious and reasonably priced. Marcella gave me the privilege of seeing their gorgeous two month old baby daughter everyday. A wonderful family, a fantastic homestay and I wish you guys well for the next phase of the business. Semoga sukses selalu.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Corie W

Hi Corie,

Thank you for staying with us. And thank you for writing this review. We hope that you and your family found a nice place to live and that your enjoying your live & work here on Bali.

Take care,

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Our days at Balis Homestay Starling were great, unbelievable, nice, comfortable and unforgettable.
It was the best start in Bali we could imagine! ... and of course the best breakfast we had on our tour (it started 6 weeks ago)!
The rooms are big, with a cosy bed, TV, some DVDs, a small fridge, (and all the time fresh, cold water). The bathroom is also quiet big and the rooms were all the time extremely clean!
Every evening we could choose one out of 7 different breakfasts for the next day. In the morning Mike prepared the breakfast for us additionally with fresh juice, selfmade great cappucino and a fruit salad. He and his girlfriend were all the time so helpfull, friendly and never to tired to answer our question or giving good advices.
If we have the chance to come again to Bali this would be the first adress we like to stay!
Thank you for the great time Mike and Marcella!

All the best - Elly and Luise

• Stayed: September 2013

Hallo Elly und Luise,

Vielen dank für ihren schönes review. It's really appreciated. We wish you all the best.

Marcella & Mike

Reviewed 14 September 2013

It was a very pleasant stay. The rooms are absolutely newly fitted out, very comfortable beds and nice bathrooms, everything was neat and clean, and very well planned. The property is very well located, 2 min by bike to the beach. The surrounding area features many nice restaurants, owned be expats and offering high quality delicious food. The surrounding area is not so dusty and crowned as Seminyak or Kuta, also much cleaner. Breakfasts were fantastically delicious, made personally by the owner Mike at your choice. Believe us this was not a continental breakfast, this was a very nutritious and homy breakfast that will give you energy for the whole day. Fresh granola done by Mike in professional oven with fruits and real yogurt were our favorite (you should see , how big were the portions) and fantastic BLT sandwiches (everything roasted just a second before serving) and pancakes and much more!!! These breakfasts could be successfully sold to neighbor hotels, all our friends were jealous! And what's more, Mike assisted us with bike rentals and taxis and car rentals, places to see and to eat at, helped us with many other personal questions (what delicious to bring home back etc). You feel like staying in a very comfortable hotel, but being independent from the crowd and guided by locals, feels like you came to visit friends.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Olga,

How's that 'inburgeringscursus' going? Already moved to Amsterdam or still in Moscow?
Many thanks for your extensive review. Hope you're happy & healthy.

All the best,