“So good, i went back every week...honestly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homestay Bali Starling

Homestay Bali Starling
Ranked #24 of 105 Canggu B&B and Inns
Bath, United Kingdom
“So good, i went back every week...honestly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I was in Bali for four months and after staying at B S for the first time whilst travelling the island, I ended up booking a room once every week for the remainder of my time in Bali. The owners were lovely and really made me feel welcome; helping with anything they could (and even catching the occasional spider). I stayed in 3 out of the 4 rooms and all were super comfy and clean with good bathrooms, air-con, TV's + DVD players. The breakfasts for me were a highlight. I am a Coeliac so cannot eat gluten and Mike kindly tailored the menu to accommodate my allergy. Everything is home-made, all is fresh and it came with a PROPER coffee (I highly recommend the Latte) so it made a fab start to the day. It was near to the coast and was about 3 mins away from an excellent surfing beach. They were able to accommodate my surfboard over night which was very helpful. The WIFI was fast, it was a sociable atmosphere and for me, was over-all a really lovely experience. I highly recommend this place...you feel at home even though you might be far away. Thank you Bali Starling!! If I return to Bali I'll definitely be returning here as well!

Room Tip: All are great, so don't worry-you won't be missing out by being in the smaller ones.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Anya112

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Denpasar, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

close the beach ,wonderful room and view. very clean all,feel like home. nice owner. i'll sure come back.many dvd choice and tv cabel and wifi too never bored at room, air port transfer too, is not big road but you can use motobike to travel around surrounding area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Evawijaya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I enjoy my time at bali starling. I love the room.. the kitchen.. the services.. the owner was so kind n friendly. Once I complain to my bf why the bfast a bit late.. I wrote that I want bfast at 9. N they start to cook a bit late. But its ok. We are in holiday. I recomend this place..

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at the Homestay Bali Starling! Clean, friendly, excellent breakfast, fast internet, super comfortable and helpful in every way! What more can we say, we will return!! The informal atmosphere and eating together at the same large table made it a friendly experience to share.

Room Tip: All rooms looked lovely, the deluxe double was great and the others just looked even bigger and nice...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzanne G
BaliStarling, Manager at Homestay Bali Starling, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hi Suzanne,

It was a real pleasure meeting you and Anya. It's so nice that we'll be seeing her a couple of times during the next weeks. Hope your legs healing well.

Warm regards,
Sonoma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

My Son and I stayed @ The Bali Starling for 4 nights. Mike arranged for swift airport pick up for us. We arrived to a nice clean modern room with good internet WIFI service and spacious Bathroom. Centrally located in Canggu, close to the beach, great places to eat and the Canggu Club. Mike cooks up a great breakfast everyday included in the stay and will happily sort you out with a rental motorbike, maps and any local travel advice you might need. When I return to Bali, I will certainly be staying at the Bali Starling Homestay!..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Siamjason
Hi Jason,

It was an absolute pleasure having you and Kona at our place. Glad you also enjoyed it!
Hope everything worked out with the harvest. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Regards,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have never been good at following through and writing reviews of the numerous places I have stayed in the past but I make an exception now. Moving to Bali knowing it was going to be my home for the next few years and the uncertainty that comes from such a big change was quashed by Mike and Marcella and their gorgeous homestay. They are fantastic hosts who have mastered the fine balance of good conversation and knowing when to give you privacy. The breakfasts are phenomenal, I did not have a favourite and wished I stayed longer to go through all the choices twice over. The homestay is a perfect combination of hotel quality but with the comforts of home. Large, bright and extremely clean rooms. While I walked everywhere, Mike did offer to help arrange transport alternatives even assisting me himself after checking out and heading to my next destination. Mike also gave me some tips on great places to eat that were delicious and reasonably priced. Marcella gave me the privilege of seeing their gorgeous two month old baby daughter everyday. A wonderful family, a fantastic homestay and I wish you guys well for the next phase of the business. Semoga sukses selalu.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Corie W
Hi Corie,

Thank you for staying with us. And thank you for writing this review. We hope that you and your family found a nice place to live and that your enjoying your live & work here on Bali.

Take care,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Our days at Balis Homestay Starling were great, unbelievable, nice, comfortable and unforgettable.
It was the best start in Bali we could imagine! ... and of course the best breakfast we had on our tour (it started 6 weeks ago)!
The rooms are big, with a cosy bed, TV, some DVDs, a small fridge, (and all the time fresh, cold water). The bathroom is also quiet big and the rooms were all the time extremely clean!
Every evening we could choose one out of 7 different breakfasts for the next day. In the morning Mike prepared the breakfast for us additionally with fresh juice, selfmade great cappucino and a fruit salad. He and his girlfriend were all the time so helpfull, friendly and never to tired to answer our question or giving good advices.
If we have the chance to come again to Bali this would be the first adress we like to stay!
Thank you for the great time Mike and Marcella!

All the best - Elly and Luise

• Stayed September 2013
Hallo Elly und Luise,

Vielen dank für ihren schönes review. It's really appreciated. We wish you all the best.

Marcella & Mike