I would warn anyone against staying at LV8 purely on safety grounds. Paid top dollar for a family suite with my daughter and her young family. The first incident occurred when the electric cord on the bottle steriliser they supplied started to melt and burn! Second incident - my daughter was plugging her mobile phone in to charge and got an electric shock that threw the phone out of her hand! Third, yes third, incident plugged a new steriliser in ( different power point) and it 'blew' with sparks and smoke reaching the ceiling! Thank God none of the children were nearby especially the baby.
Managements petty solution: you can change rooms (a mission when there is only 2 days left and you're moving 7 people); an apology cake and a paltry 20% discount off of the room service charges! Insulting to say the least! There are no RCD switches in the hotel and on one day the power kept cutting out throughout the whole hotel so there is obviously a very real problem with the electrics.
Staff are FANTASTIC although they didn't seem too happy which is not surprising given the management they work under.
Food and drinks overpriced and average for what you would expect of a so called 5 star property.
I've stayed in a variety of accommodation in Bali from 3-5 star and to be honest I would go back to the 3 star any day before going back to LV8.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lv8 Resort Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Lv8 Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lv8 Resort Hotel Bali/Canggu