“Perfect pool at Vue Beach Club and Eight Restaurant”
Review of Lv8 Resort Hotel

Lv8 Resort Hotel
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Canggu
Kuala Lumpur
“Perfect pool at Vue Beach Club and Eight Restaurant”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

LV8 has one of the best infinity pools overlooking the beach and sea in Bali. Ambiance is perfect for chilling and also for lap swimming day and night. Sea activities were also available upon request.
The General Manager went out of his way to ensure the guests have a wonderful stay at this relatively new resort hotel. Food range and prices were average but the friendly services from the staff made up for it. Front desk and room services were also attentive and fast.
Building quality can be better as some areas are showing rust and wear and tear, probably from the salty winds. The landscaping is also mediocre and can be improved.
Overall, a good experience and worth another visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Although my husband and I travels regularly, it was our first time to see Bali and so we are excited. We arrived very late evening but we didn't feel the tiring flight because everyone was so warm and friendly, from the staff who picked us up at the airport, front desk, and to the housekeeping. It was a jaw dropping experience when we entered the room! The room and bathroom were so huge, comfortable and fresh smelling! What's good about the room was they paid attention to small details like all the plugs are universal so you don't have to worry in case you miss your adoptor. They have 2 tv's so you dont have to fight over one tv remote control! There are several light switches so you can really set the light mood you want in the room. The pool is heated and very clean! Even the sofa chairs at the lanai smells good which is a rare case because usually the sofa outside is being neglected. To top it up, they have the best tasting nasi goreng i have ever tasted which they do serve for breakfast!! I will definitely stay again in this hotel given the chance i would come back to bali!!! Really worth experiencing!

• Stayed January 2014
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I and our 2 children stayed at the LV8 hotel in July 2013. We were the hotel's first guests. The then management and staff were superb. Our stay was so enjoyable that we decided to return for our 10th wedding anniversary in January 2014. We mentioned this to family and friends and we did return in January 2014 accompanied by 13 family members and friends (including "Christine R" and "missmurray88" (see reviews below). Our stay in January 2014 was very disappointing. I was not going to write a review but have been driven to do so because of the responses received by my sister and niece to their reviews below. Given the seriousness of the fault which each of their reviews deal with, it is deplorable that a pro-forma response has been provided. This perfectly sums up the contemptuous attitude of the management (and perhaps owners) of the LV8 Hotel. My niece did not suffer the inconvenience of, say, no toilet paper or blown or faulty light globes/fittings (although those faults were suffered by other members of our group family), she suffered an electric shock and 3 electrical faults. In response to her and my sister's reviews, the same meaningless, insincere, public relations response has been provided. The management's attitude towards my niece, including avoiding speaking with her, was terrible and contemptuous. We will not ever stay at the LV8 Hotel again and will not ever recommend that others do. We regret this because the staff of the LV8 Hotel (including some who were there when we first visited in July 2013) are absolutely fantastic and are an absolute pleasure to be with. It is a shame that the staff are not supported by a caring management.

Room Tip: Consider safety in choosing a room at this poorly constructed and managed hotel!
4 Thank Julia R
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The room is big and nice , building quality is not too good . Staff hospitality is very helpful and nice. Swimming Pool is perfect . Vue Beach Club ambiance is good for hangout . The beach is quite and private

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jantwid0601
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I would warn anyone against staying at LV8 purely on safety grounds. Paid top dollar for a family suite with my daughter and her young family. The first incident occurred when the electric cord on the bottle steriliser they supplied started to melt and burn! Second incident - my daughter was plugging her mobile phone in to charge and got an electric shock that threw the phone out of her hand! Third, yes third, incident plugged a new steriliser in ( different power point) and it 'blew' with sparks and smoke reaching the ceiling! Thank God none of the children were nearby especially the baby.
Managements petty solution: you can change rooms (a mission when there is only 2 days left and you're moving 7 people); an apology cake and a paltry 20% discount off of the room service charges! Insulting to say the least! There are no RCD switches in the hotel and on one day the power kept cutting out throughout the whole hotel so there is obviously a very real problem with the electrics.
Staff are FANTASTIC although they didn't seem too happy which is not surprising given the management they work under.
Food and drinks overpriced and average for what you would expect of a so called 5 star property.
I've stayed in a variety of accommodation in Bali from 3-5 star and to be honest I would go back to the 3 star any day before going back to LV8.

3 Thank Christine R
Lv L, Director of Sales at Lv8 Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback which posted on Trip Advisor review at the same time it is regret to hear the uncomfortable situation that you experienced at the resort.
We very much appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the quality of the “in-room electricity power points / plugs”
Please be rest assured that I have personally discussed this with the department heads concerned to ensure immediate improvement and rectification is made accordingly. I could not agree more that the issues you raised were valid and need full focus from our side to improve them and bring our standard of service and facilities to the next level. These are not what we expect from Lv8 Resort Hotel and your feedback has greatly contributed to our efforts of improvement.
We can not thank you enough!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We arrived at Lv8 with high hopes, as it claimed to be a 5 star hotel and we paid big bucks for our family suite. On the surface, the rooms seemed nice. However as time went on, it was evident just how poorly constructed this hotel was for a supposedly 5 star hotel.
We had 4 children in the family suite ages ranging from 11 months to 7 years. The hotel kindly provided us with a bottle steriliser, but when it was plugged in the electrical cord started melting onto the table runner, which then started smoking. HUGE fire hazard. I just thank my lucky stars we didn't leave the room or go to bed with the steriliser running, and could unplug it as soon as we smelled the smoke. We advised the staff and they changed the steriliser, which we were happy with.
The next afternoon, however, I went to plug my adaptor and phone charger into the power point, and it gave me an electric shock and the phone and charger I was holding in my hand went flying. My hand was buzzing for some time after.
The manager was informed, and came up to the room with an engineer who inspected the adaptor and power point, and I was informed that it was a faulty power point and they apologised.
It did not stop there. The next day, I plugged the new steriliser into a different power point on a different wall and after 30 seconds of operating, there was a big BANG, sparks flying and smoke.
I dread to think what could have happened if one of the children had been near it. Again, they apologised and sent us an 'apology cake' that evening. We just did not feel that was good enough. There had now been 3 seperate electrical incidences that were life threatening. A cake was not going to cut it. We queried them on their RCDs in the hotel, as they should have shut down the room's entire power supply at the first incident. We were told 'I don't know'. Not good enough!
We requested compensation for what had happened; for the room service bill to be wiped. Each and every time we wanted to talk to the manager, they faffed about trying to avoid us. When we finally tracked one down, he said they'd give a 20% discount off the room service bill. We tried to negotiate, and requested 50%. A different manager was sent to our room and told us that anything above 20% needed the permission of the owners, and they'd need to call Singapore. We told them to call Singapore, but they did not want to and said that we needed to help them as they'd done everything they can and sent a cake!!!
On the morning of check out, we demanded to speak to the manager to try and negotiate an outcome. He refused to come out of his 'meeting' many times, until we became more insistent towards the poor girls on reception.
Again trying to negotiate, we suggested a 35% discount. Still, they would not budge. In the end, we were threatened with security if we did not pay for the bill with a 20% discount and because they'd dragged this on to the morning we had to leave for the airport, we had no choice but to pay it.
For the 7 nights we stayed here, it cost us close to $3000 and it has left an extremely bitter taste in my mouth. I have been to Bali many times before, this was the first time I stayed at a ;5 star resort', and I was counting down the days until we went home to Australia.
The waitstaff and housekeeping staff were great but they did seem unhappy there and I can see why. The management is just terrible.
Take my word for it, if you want a 5 star resort experience then do yourself a favour and take your money elsewhere and steer well clear of Lv8. I would not be surprised if this hotel is closed within the next year!

4 Thank mrs_stewart713
We can not thank you enough!
Perth,Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed at the 3rd floor for 2 rooms , for the 5 stars the hotel are very poor,leaking hot water. The furniture,the service and decorations. Then we went to VUE beach club, which is what we saw it will be very excited and give this hotel one of the positive point of view after our dissapointed for the rooms. But it is all the same, the service are very very poor, the drinks are very expensive which no worthied with what we got. so we only stayed for 5 minutes and continue to other beach club in Bali in seminyak area. That place are worthied the price and what we got.

This is the worse experience i got since i stay in Bali!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Talitha C
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at Lv8 Resort Hotel on TripAdvisor.
We very much appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the quality of the hotel and the service provided. The alcoholic drinks in Bali and Indonesia are relatively expensive, because we have to pay luxury tax for them.
We do hope that your less than perfect experience will not keep you from returning to Lv8 Resort Hotel when you will notice a significant improvement.