“Too pricey for basic food and lazy staff”

Bu-Ba-Q's Barbeque Bar & Grill
Ranked #44 of 245 Restaurants in Canggu
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: BU-BA-Q'S Echo Beach BBQ Restaurant & Bar at Echo Beach in Bali is set in an ideal location just a few meters from Echo Beach, enjoying fantastic views and cool ocean breezes. BU-BA-Q'S is proudly Australian owned and operated, and has been open since June 2013. With over 15 years' experience in hospitality and sales/service we are sure we can provide you, our valued customers, great food, great value, a great atmosphere, and legendary Balinese service. BU-BA-Q'S Echo Beach BBQ Restaurant & Bar invites you to enjoy a great range of BBQ meats, and famous Indonesian dishes along with autehntic Asian meals, coupled with a large range of house and international wines, beers and spirits all at great prices and service. BU-BA-Q'S offers strict western health and hygiene standards, whilst at the same time providing a mixture of modern, contemporary design, with traditional Balinese warmth and hospitality. Our Restaurant & Bar at Echo Beach can cater for any function, large or small. We have successfully done Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, Christmas staff parties and Kids parties. BU-BA-Q'S Echo Beach BBQ Restaurant & Bar is the perfect location for BBQ or Indonesian food . Parking, and free WIFI
Bali
“Too pricey for basic food and lazy staff”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Let me paint a picture. Sunday, 2pm.

We were the only 2 customers in this cafe serviced by 3 waiters, cashier and some people in kitchen. We ordered tom yam goong and asked to make it no spicy, mild, plus fish and chips for one of us. For me I ordered chicken Caesar salad and Pad Thai, plus strawberry juice.

First meals arrived fast. Juice was sooo sweet like a sirup - at this days staff in pricey places ask if you want it with or without sugar.

Meals came first, all together. Soup and main course. Just placed on a table. Tom Yam was crazy spicy, simple question to make it mild they just ignored.

After I finished my very very basic and small portion of Caesar, and my friend ate his meals (fish&chips was with a sauce with chemical taste means they use cheapest ingredients), we started to wonder about my second course, Pad Thai.

Guess what? All staff had so nice time chit-chating with each other that 3 waiters, cashier, and guys in kitchen forgot about my meal.

Tam-ta-ram. The bill. 267,000 Rp!!! Without Pad Thai which I wasn't happy to wait.

It is US$ 25 for basic meals (there are plenty of street eateries who offer cheaper and much much better meals), 2 cans of soda water and one juice. For the food with no taste and quality.

And very very smiling and friendly, and completely useless staff. Wish the best this guys and will never come back!

2 Thank Vasily_Pr
EchoBeachCafe, Manager at Bu-Ba-Q's Barbeque Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for response. I have discussed this matter at length with my staff as our ratings are 88 % recommended, so of course this came as a real shock to us. I am sorry to say that the information you have provided is not accurate or a real picture . Maybe because you work for direct competition to us. On the day in question we were short staffed and only one waitress and one cashier/Waitress filling in . I went back to our CCTV and watched and listened to the entire event . We acknowledge that one meal was missed and we offered to cook immediately at no cost but you declined. I also acknowledge that the juice did have sugar in it, and my staff does usually ask. For both mistakes I apologise. However when you were asked how your drinks and food were – on two separate occasion’s, both times you responded “good” If my staff had been made aware of any issues they would have immediately replaced the drink. I am not sure if you are aware that Tom Yum is a Thai dish and very very hot/spicy . My chief assures me that it was made milder than normal, and the CCTV footage shows it was finished completely. The Caesar salad is one of our popular dishes so I cannot understand your concern here, accept to say that again it was cleared in full, with no complaints. Our fish is mahi mahi and snapper – so clearly not cheap ingredient’s. Again the dish was completely finished with no comments. Our prices are inline if not cheaper than any other ocean view restaurant in Echo Beach, however if you frequent roadside local warungs, then of course they are cheaper.

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Bali, Indonesia
“Love the staff spirit”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The place is awesome, facing the beach with selection of fresh seafood available (your preference to be grilled). The staff was just awesome. They all have great customer service, and you can feel the positive atmosphere happen. I would say great management,great team work, the food we have on second visit (lunch time) rather be plain, but still edible. But definitely recommend to anyone to visit.

• Visited August 2013
EchoBeachCafe, Manager at Bu-Ba-Q's Barbeque Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review . So pleased you loved the staff. we try very hard to provide excellent customer service . Kindest regards, The management and staff.
“staff is so kind”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

yes, the staff is so kind and smily. and i'd try fresh coconut. really big and fresh.

1 Thank Unique H
EchoBeachCafe, Manager at Bu-Ba-Q's Barbeque Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Hi Unique H .
Many thanks for your wonderful review . We are so pleased you found the staff so fantastic - We strive for excellence in customer service, food value and atmosphere so your review is very important to us and we certainly hope we see you again . Kindest regards from the management and staff.
perth, western australia
“Good location but food needs to improve”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Restaurent is very clean and has a good view to Echo Beach. Our group ordered many different meals; some were ok but others were not so good. We found prices to be on the high side but perhaps this is because of the location. Probably wouldn't go back. Service was very good.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank bassbin
EchoBeachCafe, Manager at Bu-Ba-Q's Barbeque Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hi Bassbin, Many thanks for your recent review of the café. We are very focussed on providing excellent food service and value for money. So of course I am a little concerend that you feel the food could be improved, as our ratings are usually very high in this area. If there was something specific you feel needs addressing please let us know and I will address it immediately. Kindest regards from the management and staff.
Melbourne, Australia
“GREAT FIND AT THE BEACH IN BALI”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Great place- great view. Best iced coffee. Very on the ball staff. Cleanest toilet in Bali. Highly recommend this place. Thorough menu- just what u need after a month on rice.

• Visited January 2014
Hi Juliamary, So please that you enjoyed your experience with us. We pride ourselves and cleanliness and hygiene as well as great food and service of course. So always very pleasing to get such positive feedback. Kindest regards from the Management and Staff.