“Few days in heaven”

Desa Seni, A Village Resort
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Canggu
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We spent few days end of January at Desa Seni and it was so peaceful and relaxing place that we came back home full of positive energy! We stayed in 2 differents houses and both were beautifully arranged. A really big attention is given to details, the garden is so beautiful, the pool is perfect, the staff is so nice, everyday greeting you with few words and big smile! You cannot be in a bad mood in Desa Seni. The food is delicious! Not to mention that you can see the vegetables that you are eating, growing in the garden!
The yoga class were also very good! I will come back with no hesitation and dream already about my next stay :-)
If you plan to go out, you need a taxi or scooter as there is no places around for diner or a walk.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AudMau
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write - we are thrilled to read your review and to know that you enjoyed yourself so much. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Terima Kasih !

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed at Desa Seni for 3 nights in December. I was upgraded to the deluxe village house which was a charming antique cottage. The house was lovely decorated with a lot of colour and detail. It had a private porch with a couch and a table and chairs. The resort is located in a lush garden. The pool area has a nice layout. During my stay a group was doing a retreat, so they didn't use the pool area that much, but as outside guests are also welcome I assume the area can become quite crowded. I didn't have a car and the resort is located in a quiet area so I ate at the resort all three nights. The food was fresh and good, but I would have liked to be in walking distance of some restaurants. The road in front of the resort isn't inviting in that respect. Yoga was included in the price, but I didn't try it. I heard other guests who did and who were very content with the classes. Do try the spa once you're there, I had some wonderful massages. It is on the expensive side for Bali but still way less expensive than the prices back home. The house had a big bathroom, but do note it is an outdoor bathroom.

2  Thank Suzy737
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - it is very much appreciated. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Our philosophy at Desa Seni is one of openness. The pool is in fact open to the public but the pool beds are always reserved for our in-house guests. We do our very best to ensure a pleasant environment while still being an active member of the community here. To this end, if the pool area is busy we will close it to the public to ensure a quiet and peaceful atmosphere for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I stay at Desa Seni from 2nd to 4th January 2014 . I truly enjoyed the experience. I went to their excellent yoga and meditation classes, well managed. The number of classes per day is very sufficient to keep me busy. I like the Dewi Sri villa, but because it was booked by someone else before I made my booking, so I had to move to Rumah Gambuh, a 2 bedrooms villa shared with other guest. I dont quite like this villa, I think the bedroom is a bit too small. Anyway, that will mean I have Dewi Sri Villa again when I go there next.

I will definitely come back, and as a matter of fact, I plan to go at least once a month, for the yoga and relaxation.

The spa is also excellent .. Well done, Desa Seni

• Stayed: January 2014
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write - it is very much appreciated. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back. All our rooms are in unique one-of-a-kind traditional wooden homes that have been refurbished and modernized but are all unique in some way. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Terima Kasih banyak!!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I traveled to Bali and we truly enjoyed the time we spent at Desa Seni which is located 5 minutes from Seminyak and 3 minutes from the beach.

Very quiet and serene environment with yoga classes and healthy menu. The pool is also very

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marc0b88
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to come and to let us know. We greatly appreciate all feedback. Not sure what you were going to say about the pool? Wishing you and all the best of this new Year 2014! Terima kasih!!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

It's one of those few places that truly makes you feel relaxed and at ease. The village resort had beautiful people -- very hospitable and very friendly. The environment was really relaxing, with a yoga tent if you would like to do some stretching. The pools are marvelous, as they encompass almost the whole resort. Our cottage was homey and very much like a big garden. Speaking of graden, they do have their own organic garden at the back. I guess if there's one thing that could be improved, that would be the trees and the foliage. Somehow, they overshadow the beauty of the whole resort. If they are well-kept, well-trimmed it would be perfect. But overall, it was an excellent experience. I loved it here!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you! Matur Suksema! It is always a pleasure to hear back from people who have visited. Your information is extremely appreciated. the staff get such a joy when people write and let us know about their stay. We look forward to your return. Best of 2014!!!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I spent 1 week at this wonderful eco-village resort, in the beginning of December. My goal was just to unplug, relax and feel rejuvenated. This trip exceeded my expectations. From the minute I was met at the airport until the minute I was returned to the airport, I felt like I was cared for and that they truly wanted me to feel happy and relaxed. From the food (delicious, organic and generous!), to the beautiful grounds, to the yoga, spa and infinity pool -- everything was just perfect. No detail was left unnoticed. The yoga classes were wonderful -- a variety of classes were offered at all different levels and the teachers were all great. The spa was amazing. I can't recommend desa seni enough and hope to return someday. This was pure bliss...paradise. I'm still feeling rejuvenated even a week back at at a stressful job and cold weather. I'm thankful for this wonderful experience. Don't wait, just go!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for the review and taking the time! It is always a pleasure to hear back! We thank you and look forward to your next visit! Happy Holidays!!!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Lovely property set in lush gardens. The staff were warm and helpful. All in all I had a wonderful stay with them. And I will definitely stay with them again if I were to visit Bali again. 5-star ambience in an intimate and cozy setting. The setting is quiet , wonderful place to unwind and relax. There are ample yoga classes that you can participate in or simply spend the day lounging Blythe salt water pool.

1  Thank Kamala K
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Terima kasih! Such a pleasure to have you be a part of the community here at Desa Seni. It is people like you who make it all the worthwhile. See you soon!